Really cheeky but....

charliesworld

....would those of you who are 5'5" don't mind telling let me know how heavy you were/are at a size 14.

I know it sounds a bit mad since we are all different but I've just been wandering round the shops and saw some lovely things BUT I don't want to buy anymore clothes in a size 16. Now I'm currently 12st 13lbs and a size 16 and only just got down from an 18 (I started at 13st 12lbs). I am going on a spa weekend with my 2 best friends on the 9th July and when we went last year and I looked at the pics I was gutted that I looked so big compared to them and swore I'd be smaller this year. I would love to have reached a size 14 by then and was trying to work out if it would be possible. I'm thinking I'd need to be around 11st-11st7lbs.

I just thought if it was possible it might give me some incentive as I seem to be a bit back and forward with the whole thing recently.

im currently 13 7 5"5 and a size 14, altho some can be a bit tight x

I think it is impossible to answer as we are all such different shapes. I am 5'5 and 10st 13 and a 14 top or dress but a 10 or 12 in bottoms. At my heaviest of 13 st 4 I was never more than a tight 14 bottom but a 16 to 18 top/dress

I'm 5'5" and 162.5lb or 11stone 8.5lb and I'm a size 16-18. At my lowest weight I was 10 stone 4 and I could get into some 14 tops but was still a 16 on the bottom.

I don't think you can tell what size you'll be, also you don't know how much weight you will lose by then. Maybe save up soem money every week and then go shopping nearer the time?

I'm 5ft 3 and am a comfortable and getting a bit big 14 and I'm 11.7! I was an 18 when I started at 14.41/2!
Good luck in getting to a 14 Hun xx

I'm 5'5" and 10.12 (have been down to 10.7 and was still a size 14 but a few weeks off earnt me 5 horrible pounds!!) I was a size 14 when I started at 11.10 too.. So haven't budged.. Although I can fit in some 12's (maxi dresses/tops/leggins) I would never be able to pour myself into a size 12 jeans for the moment even though I'm not bottom heavy, pretty evenly sized all over.. I do think there's massive leap from 14-12 loads of my mates have said they found that too.. But it does hugely depend on shape and build..

To add to the confusion, at 5'5'' and weighing around 10st7lbs, I bought clothes in a size 14 - but that was about 45 years ago and I think that might be a size 12 in today's sizing! I think Clareel gave good advice to save and buy what suits you nearer the time.

I think everyone is so different. I'm 5ft4 and a size 16. I lost 17 pound on Rosemary Conley and I was still a size 16 even tho they say 10 pound is a dress size. As long as you are comfortable then I don't think clothes size matters. We are all such different shapes x

Im 5.5 and when I was about 11 and a half stone I was in 12-14's.

Im now 17 stone and in 18-20s :(

Body's are strange things, I do agree save some money then have a big shopping spree before you go, always feels good to have a shopping spree :-D Someone mentioned on here last night that they save £1 for every 1lb they loose - quite a good thing really!!!

Just remember it is an american website so pant size means trouser size and is one to two sizes smaller than here, i am an american 8 to 10 and an english 10 to 12.

There was no one my size and my shape :-( I am an apple actually more like a brick. LOL

Wow there's quite a bit of difference isn't there? If I'm aiming for 11st 7lbs though I think it might be a bit much as it's only 7 weeks away and I'm on hols next week.

I'll have a nosy at that website in a mo :)

How fascinating the huge range in sizes and weights.

I'm 5ft 4.5 so damn near 5.5 and at 12st 6 am a size 14 on the bottoms and size 14/16/18 on the tops depending on fit and buttons but then I am a hourshape and have a generous bust so will probably always be a bigger size on the top than on the bottom :)

I'm 5'5", 13 stone, and am currently a perfect 16 on top and a snug 16 on the bottom (I always struggle with trousers - by the time a size fits on the thigh, the waist is much too big. It's so irritating!)

I expect to start fitting into 14s when I hit 12 stone, and have them fit better at 11st 7.

I'm
5,4 and now in the 11,s and brought size 10 dress and bikini bottoms they other day as they fit and buying more size 10 clothes now but I have 32/34 G/GG boobs so I think it all depends on ur shape bust size etc and where ur buying clothes from
And the Style and everything else I remember when I was a size ten ages ago I brought one pair of jeans from
River island in an 8 and another pair in a 12 so shops don't have the same sizes in different styles xx

Back