• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

REALLY CONFUSED CAN I TAKE LT WHILE TTCing?

Hiya Everyone

I was planning going back onto LT today. I wanted to ease myself into an official start on 8th January after my last Christmas meal out on Monday 7th January. This I have to say is my way of not pigging out until the 8th January so my nonsense has some sense!!! I have put on 8 lbs over Christmas and want them off asap.

I went to my Chemist to get my week supply and because I am trying to conceive they said they can't give it to me and need to phone me back. They haven't phoned yet so it looks like it will be tomorrow.

I spoke to them before Christmas and they said no to LT until after 6 weeks. (Unfortunately I suffered a miscarriage in November) They said come back in the New Year and I am more likely to conceive if I am actively dieting.

I have now called back to start on LT again as agreed and now they are suggesting I can't have it as I have a week to go before I find out if my Christmas bonking has worked!!! Wish they would make up their fecking minds!!!:mad:

Help - this is driving me crazy - surely I can do LT until I find out for definate.

If what they are implying today is anything to go by this would mean I can do LT for two weeks, then eat normally for two weeks then LT for two weeks, then normal for two weeks etc etc - how the hell will this work? :mad::sigh:

Really need your advice girls as I am fuming and really p*ssed off.

lol
Rachelle

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!
Hmm, I'm not sure what the official medical stance would be but I'm afraid I don't think LT is a suitable diet is you aer trying to conceive.

Part of the reason I am on the diet is because we were unable to conceive, but I am using birth control until I achieve my goal and am maintaining.

Although slower at losing weight, I would have though trying to eat sensibly would be a better diet for you while you are trying to achieve and supporting a new life in the first couple of weeks.

Sorry that's not a very positive response.

Bea

Back on the wagon!
S: 17st7lb C: 16st5lb G: 11st0lb BMI: 39.3 Loss: 1st2lb(6.53%)
Rachelle - have you had a chat with your doctor about dieting when trying actively to concieve? I would take his/her advice on what the best thing to do is....I did get pregnant while I was on LT but I though I couldnt get pregnant....

Would you consider giving yourself a three month break from trying to get pregnant - which means you can concentrate on the diet and loose up to 3 stone or more....

Big Hugs - this is a difficult one!

Hiya

I really don't want to waste months to lose weight. I would like to do it while trying. My time is running out to have children as I suffer from endometriosis that is worsening so I feel torn. Stopping trying for a couple of months may be an option if I need some treatment for it like a Laporoscropy with diathermy but they still won't give me LT then will they?

I really am in a sticky situation and it looks as though Slimming World may have to be an option again for me as this is the only one recommended by Doctors. I hate Slimming World to diet - I lose weight so slowly if at all on it and the leader just goes on and on about herself - I never get anything useful from staying to class. Hey hum - back to the drawing board.

Lol
Rachelle

Lipotrim HO have come back to me and said they will not give it to me for the final two weeks of my cycle.

I can have it the first two weeks of my cycle so it looks like I will doing it the hard way. Two weeks off and two weeks on.:sigh:

The first week kills me on LT until ketosis kicks in and I will have to do this every month. Not sure I have what it takes but I will give it my best shot.

GOT TO FEEL POSITIVE, GOT TO FEEL INSPIRED, GOT TO GET UP AND GET MOVING!!:D

Lol
Rachelle

Bea

Back on the wagon!
S: 17st7lb C: 16st5lb G: 11st0lb BMI: 39.3 Loss: 1st2lb(6.53%)
Oh hugs honey...thats tough....although you could try an Atkins type diet for the other two weeks and that should help to keep you in ketosis....Shazpaz has being doing a mixture of LT and Atkins and had good results......

Thanks Bea
Could you get Shazpaz to contact me if poss? Haven't a clue how to do it and would like to hear from her as doing both is music to my ears!
Hope you don't mind.
Lol
Rachelle