Owl really craving today. please help!

stmcalee01

As title says I'm struggling with cravings for sweet stuff today.

This is day 10 and I haven't cheated with my foods. Is this normal? Any tips?

Try some squirty cream? X

calorie counting journey!! start:: 14s 8lb current:: 14s 7lbs... 43lbs to go!!

when I get a real craving I make up some oopsies and whip up some cream and make a mini cake... I would save this for a treat though...

It too me over a month of pure willpower to get over my sweet cravings. It's just a craving, you can ignore it and not give in!

Some people on here will say have something sweet it won't hurt, I say if you can be strong till it passes, because when it does you'll be free like me. I still get the occasional sweet craving but there are more than ignoreable now :)

Or of course there are plenty of things to eat but anything sweetened might stall... Such a dilema, I just have a coffee with cream which is as sweet as I like things to be now.

I'm on day 10 and would kill for my cravings. Yesterday was very bad for cravings, I ate all round me to try satisfy them, but binged on eggs, cream sf jelly, meat etc and they didin;t satisfy me. I didn't give in when I was really craving some major carbs and it was hars.

So far so gaood today.

Oh dear!!!! I can really empathise. Ive had the same problem in Dukan. Whatever you do, do not give in to them, you will really regret it and put yourself back 2 days. Just stick to as pure foods as you can get. Try a nice salad made with baby spinach, cheese, sundried tomato, avocado and toasted pine nuts. It will taste lovely. You really don't want sugar. Try stay away from anything processed like sweeteners, they tend to start cravings. Go for a walk. Watch a good DVD with some Atkins friendly snacks. Do not give in.
You can do it. It's just another obstacle and you're so much stronger than you realise.

Careful of sundried tomato and pine nuts though, they're not induction foods ;)

Some rhubarb stewed with a couple of sweetener tabs is a good treat to satisfy sweet/fruit cravings.

Gosh! That's true. I just assumed (don't know why) that memubo99 was doing OWL. Silly assumption cos she's only on day 10. Sorry!

Locket I'm on day 10 of I don't know what, was meant to be induction but calculated my carbs in flaxmeal wrong, so each day has been 30-50 net carbs so I'm probably doing OWL. Have 10lb to loose.
Not doing too good, craving badly today, ate lots eggs, bacon, pork chop, brocolli, butter which was grand but then I ruined it all this evening by eating 2x 500g greek yogurt!!
Yes 1kg!!
Dtill craving even though calories way over 2000 now and carbs- well I don't want to know.
Not a good day

Memubo99, just get back on the wagon tomorrow. Don't have anymore carbs today. At 10lbs to lose you can start in OWL, the weight loss may just be a tad slower. If you're in OWL you can have no added sugar peanut butter, that might do the trick for your cravings. Don't beat yourself up about the Greek yogurt. If you do you'll only end up thinking "sod it" and really go off the deep end. What is it you feel you need? Is it something specific or just something sweet?

As above, and maybe have a read of Katie's diary from the beginning?

Oor Katie is a marvel, from the outset she really listened to her body to understand what her cravings are about - and then looked for low carb alternatives, and as a result, she has lost a shedload of weight xxx

I completely understand the Greek yoghurt binge... I don't have an off button sometimes! I just go and go like blowing up a balloon until it pops! Lol

Good luck... Our Katie is an icon! :)

i love greek yogurt, i mean i LOVE it but i dont have any scales, so how many table spoons would be acceptable. Is 2-3 heaped tablespoons too much?

No cows milk yogurt in induction, I'm afraid. A bit further into the diet it can be added. The amount depends on the carb count of the yogurt. I really find its best to weigh things, that way I'm sure. If you prefer to use volume instead tho, if the pot is a 500g pot divide the pot into 5 equal portions, then u have 100g and take it from there. If you need just 30, divide in 3 again. Not exact but close.

I.ve decided to leave out yogurt altogether since I cannot control myself, love the stuff, (Alpaca:))
Ravenmix I'm not really into soda I;m afraid.
Ladyfelsham thanks I will check out Katies diary
Locket I did what you said and had no more carbs last night and feel better for it, so hopefully today will be better.

How are you all doing? Hope we all have a good day today

I have no pause button today cos im tired and grumpy! I need restraining as I've already stuffed a week's worth of food into my bloated tummy! Lol

Back