Really down!! Help

Tanya Jade

Hey everyone. Had my third weigh in yesterday and have put on 2lbs. I'm so upset and a bit confused also. Basically each week I weigh myself at home on the morning I go to get weighed (this is the only day that my husband allows me to have the scales). Anyway, my weight is totally different on my LLC's scales. I know this is common but it is consistently different. First weight taken, there was a difference of 8lbs, then after the first week there was a difference of 4lbs, the next week difference was 7lbs and now it's exactly the same. So on my home scales it shows I have lost weight each week but on hers it shows I have put on this week. I did notice yesterday that her scales are on carpet and I think this makes a difference. Mine are on a hard wooden floor. Both are digital and in a way I am glad I have been weighing at home also otherwise I would be seriously down. Should I say something to her or not. Any advise is greatly appreciated.

i would leave saying anything to her, and if next week u still feel there is something weird happening then say it to her.
im sure she wouldnt mind moving the scales for reassurance.
has anyone else in the group had probs do u know?

Yes, that's what I think I will do. It was strange coz yesterday everyones weight loss was really low and someone else did mention it but nobody paid much attention. I have also just checked my weight losses as I get weighed in kilos but she puts my loss into pounds and this is not correct either according to my calculations. Very strange. I guess as long as I lose next week it will be ok

It didn't have a pack or water as I was running late and had to catch the bus. She said I might be retaining water as when I started I struggled to get water down me and only in the last week have I managed 4 litres a day. Maybe this is the reason, I do hope so

Well, the best way to get rid of water retention, is actually drinking more water. Very likely that was the casue and should sort itself.

Try not to worry week to week - weight will fluctuate for the most bizzare reasons, or no reson at all, but the weight will shift if you stick to the plan, regardless of week to week!

GOod luck! :)

Hey TJ. I've had weeks where I've put on but then have a fantastic week the following week. Makes no sense, especially when you're sticking to it. But it all evens out in the end. Trust me, I've been doing LL most of the year and it'll come off eventually.
BL is right about getting rid of water retention by drinking more. Make sure you drink plenty on your weight in day too (although I usually don't have anything for about an hour before I get on the scales!)
Try not to get down about it. You're doing a great thing and it'll work trust me xx

Don't be too disheartened!! See how it goes next week, make sure you're having your four litres and I bet you have a great loss next week. If not, yes it may be time to ask questions! Remember to see how far you have come in the two weeks...as I don't think you would have lost as much on any other diet. You're doing great, don't let it get you down missus xxxx

Thanks BL. You look bloody fantastic in your pics, it looks like you have always been thin and I know that any advice from you is coming from a pro. Congrats on your weight loss xx

lol - only when I am fully clothed or the lights are off!!! :D :rotflmao:

Thanks for the nice words. :)

Hang in there. I know how disheartening it can be. I noticed you lost more in your second week then your first - maybe your body just thought it was giving away the farm and decided to claim 2 back!! :D ;)

Fear not - I bet you will see a great result in the coming weeks.

All the best!!! Keep the faith! :D

Back