Really Fed Up, What Was The Point?

Wish

Silver Member
Argghhhhh!

I need to share, if thats ok?

I have been very very good all week, following a calorie controlled diet where I plot everything that passes my lips on a website, that keeps track of the amount of calories and fat I have eaten. My limit of calories it gave me was 1359 I kept below that all week except one day. I have also been walking (briskly) every day for a week, covering 2 and a half miles, something I haven't done before. I get on the scales today, with excited anticipation of at least losing 2 lbs and I have lost nothing:sigh: I feel like crying, I don't know where to go now, to continue the low cal, low fat diet or change back to SW.

Really really disheartened and fed up:( Its been really quite hard for me to stick to it for the week, as I am an emotional eater, and we have had some rubbish news this week about our house sale falling through AGAIN! But I decided I wouldn't let that affect my diet and now it seems, all of it was nothing, why can everyone else lose weight except me???

What makes it worse, is that my OH has been floowing the diet with me, only hes allowed much more calories than me and he's lost 2 lbs, yet he doesn't have any where near as much weight to lose than I have. Its soo not fair, stamps foot!

Argghhhhh!

I need to share, if thats ok?

I have been very very good all week, following a calorie controlled diet where I plot everything that passes my lips on a website, that keeps track of the amount of calories and fat I have eaten. My limit of calories it gave me was 1359 I kept below that all week except one day. I have also been walking (briskly) every day for a week, covering 2 and a half miles, something I haven't done before. I get on the scales today, with excited anticipation of at least losing 2 lbs and I have lost nothing:sigh: I feel like crying, I don't know where to go now, to continue the low cal, low fat diet or change back to SW.

Really really disheartened and fed up:( Its been really quite hard for me to stick to it for the week, as I am an emotional eater, and we have had some rubbish news this week about our house sale falling through AGAIN! But I decided I wouldn't let that affect my diet and now it seems, all of it was nothing, why can everyone else lose weight except me???

What makes it worse, is that my OH has been floowing the diet with me, only hes allowed much more calories than me and he's lost 2 lbs, yet he doesn't have any where near as much weight to lose than I have. Its soo not fair, stamps foot!

Hi Wish :)

Of course you can share how fed up you are hun. That's what we're all for so don't ever hesitate ok? :)

I can totally see why you would feel deflated by staying the same this week Lots of us will associate with that, BUT, and it's a big BUT.......it WILL show next week if you can just stick with this. I'm sure it will.

If you have followed everything you intended to and it sounds like you have, and upped your activity as well, then you can't fail to lose can you?

Sometimes the scales are unkind to us but try and focus how much better and positive you have felt all week....BEFORE you got on those scales:D They are not the only measure for your success hun.

lOve and best wishes to you and hang in there please if you can;):D :hug99:

Lacey..xx :)

Wish

Hang in there these things happen. Forget about your husbands loss as mens body's work very differently in comparsion to ours with weight loss.

Stick with the calorie counting for another week or two. Try 2 -3 litres of water every day, 2 peices of fruit and a protein at every meal i.e; chicken, red meat, fish, eggs, yougurt or tofu.

Also I dont weigh myself and go by measurements as the results are faster. You will some weeks lose a 'cm' off your legs, waist and bust, totalling in a 3 cm loss rather than 1/2 or 1 kilo (not sure on the pounds?)

Keep at it and be proud of your dedication this week!

ASK YOURSELF....... Do you feel thinner and or more comfortable in your clothes today than this time last week?

Bren
X

Thank you both so much:cool:

I am not going to let this blip make me give in, I will try another week and if I still don't lose I may pop the Dr's and see if theres any reason for me not losing the weight.

Hanging on in here, determined to make this work x

Today Wish, was my day one! I feel very pleased with myself I only ate a few extra crackers.

Great to hear your hanging in! Remember it's going to feel great when you get there and set yourself a goal for this week, something different like..... reading half a book or watching a series on DVD!

Bren
X

Thank you both so much:cool:

I am not going to let this blip make me give in, I will try another week and if I still don't lose I may pop the Dr's and see if theres any reason for me not losing the weight.

Hanging on in here, determined to make this work x

Great to log in and see you're still in there fighting girl!!!!:D:D:D:D

how is it going wish?

abz xx

Hi there

Have lost 4 lbs only:cry:

So as of tomorrow i'm switching to SW as the CC isn't working for me, I don't think I am eating enough, yet feel guilty if I eat more IYSWIM:rolleyes:

How is it going for you?

what do you mean 'ONLY' 4lbs!! is that in a week? four lbs is great!! it's over quarter of a stone. that's nearly 2 bags of sugar you've lost there!! imagine carrying one of those in each hand all day every day, that's what you've got rid off.

abz xx

what do you mean 'ONLY' 4lbs!! is that in a week? four lbs is great!! it's over quarter of a stone. that's nearly 2 bags of sugar you've lost there!! imagine carrying one of those in each hand all day every day, that's what you've got rid off.

abz xx

Hi

No wish it was a week, 4 lbs in 3 1/2 weeks:confused:

that's still more than a lb a week though. and it's progress, even if it is slow. are you measuring too? and how much water are you drinking. if you drink around 3litres a day i bet you'll see a massive difference in water retention!! don't give up hon. you'll get results soon enough if you stick to it. i promise :D

abz xx

I agree with Abz! 4lbs in 3wks is great! Remember, the slower it comes off, the longer it stays off! I've lost roughly 1lb aweek since January- some weeks it was nothing, some weeks it was 3lbs, but there was never a gain so the losses kept me going! I've done both SW & WW but the 'free' foods were my downfall...I had no clue about portion control.... :$

i had that problem with sw. those macaroni cheese pasta n sauces were free when i did it and i'd quite happily have two of those and a jacket potato... the thought makes me cringe now!!

abz xx

Thanks ladies:D

I am so messing about now, I did SW for 2 days and I really just cannot do it anymore, after spending 3 weeks retraining my brain about portion sizes, it seems really silly to me to stuff my face with potatoes and pasta and stuff:rolleyes: I'm gonna go back to CC and just take it slow, as much as I really really want to lose this weight super fast quick, its taken me a few years to put this on, I cannot expect it to disapear overnight:eek:

Wish a very sensible desicion, you are on the right track and we will all be here when you need us. I lost a few years back 8 kilos of 7 weeks with CC and exercise and kept up the exercise and maintained the weight for about 2.5 years before life took over and the exercise decreased.

You can do this!

Brenda
X

Wish, I wouldn't worry too much about the weight not going down quickly, it is about dress size and measurements.
When I was younger I went to the gym for three months, and lost only 4kgs (about 9lbs), but I went down 2-3 dress sizes and felt great!
Exercise turns fat to muscle, and muscle weighs more, so you have to take that into account, if you are walking alot maybe you are losing size rather then weight. Stick it out, 4lbs is a great start!!

Back