Really Fed Up!

Grandma

Totally Focused
Well, I've been doing this amazing diet now for 25 weeks. In that time I've lost 6st 12lbs - and I'm so pleased about it as I feel so much better and know I'm looking good. Since Ken died in June, the weight has slowed right down and I've been losing about 1.5 - 2lbs a week, despite being 100% on SS. I've never cheated. Last week, I thought I'd turned a corner as I'd lost 3lbs so was quite pleased.

However, I've done AAM this week and have stayed the same! Its the first week in all that time that I've not lost anything and I'm beginning to despair that it'll ever start to come off again. I'm fully committed to CD and don't have any intention of stopping it as I'm too scared of the consequences if I do, but I'd just like to see a bit more off each week.

You were all so lovely when I was fed up a few weeks ago about the disappointing losses - and I do know what you mean when you say that stress is making my body hold on to the weight, but I don't like it and don't know how to kick start it all.

Sorry to go on, but I'm really despondent about it today and just need to get it off my chest!

Chris
x

Cheer up you have done amazingly well under extremely difficult circumstances. On AAM sometimes weight plateaus, however, it then kicks back in the following week.

Just keep to the plans and you will be fine.

I know it can be so frustrating when the scales stall, use your tape measure at those points as inch loss will be present and get some ketostix as psychologically this keeps you motivated.

Lindax

Hello Grandma,

First of all, very well done on your loss so far, how amazing!!!! Also when you do AAM it's supposed to be speed metabolism right up, so perhaps once you're off it and back to your sachets you will see a huge loss on the scales.
How has it been on your other AAMW????

Usually quite good losses - one week it was even 6 lbs on AAM! I wasn't going to do it this week as I'm going away next week so thought I'd do it then to save being antisocial, but then decided that the metabolism needed a boost - but its obviously not worked!! I have one more weigh in before I go, next Tuesday morning, so hopefully it will have started to budge by then.

Cheer up you have done amazingly well under extremely difficult circumstances. On AAM sometimes weight plateaus, however, it then kicks back in the following week.

Just keep to the plans and you will be fine.

I know it can be so frustrating when the scales stall, use your tape measure at those points as inch loss will be present and get some ketostix as psychologically this keeps you motivated.

Lindax

Thanks Linda. Certainly there has been inch loss in the last few weeks - but the ketostix are not encouraging. They seem to show that I'm not in ketosis at all - but I must be as I'm not doing anything i shouldn't! I'm drinking the water and I've often found that the stix don't show as my urine seems to be so watered down!! I don't have my last shake until I go to bed, so that could be the reason I suppose. I keep telling myself its a weight plateau - but its one I don't seem to be able to get off - and I've been like this for 4 weeks now!!

Hi , 25 weeks , wow , you are doing so well , have you spoke to your CDC ? what did she or he say ? I guess its looking at that stone a month now and not weekly losses then ? cos they say you will ! lose a stone in one month , well done to you !!

I know whats happening , your sleep walking and picking and don't even know it lol , only joking :)

Hi

Just looked at your goal, and your right on track 100lb by end of July, I think your going to make it.

You've done so well and given the horrible couple of months you have had have shown such determination.

I wish you so much luck for next week's weigh in and will keep everthing crossed for you.

Sara

First of all congrats on all the weight loss! Its fantastic!
Youve just got to keep going, youve done so well this far and tbh a weight loss is a weight loss, just think you wouldnt be losing it at all if you weren't on this diet!
Just got to go with the flow and it will soon enough come off!
Again just feel proud of what you've achieved, it seems like motivation enough for me... Keep going, and remember you've always got all the lovely people on here to keep you on the straight and narrow!

Good Luck

You have done so brilliantly, totally against the odds - I am sure you will be rewarded by that weight loss speeding up. Just hang in there, you are due a really good week and I'm sure it's coming.

Well done on your fantastic achievement so far!

Love

Hi Chris,

You have done very well and I know it is very frustrating when the scales are going slow...amazing at these times the inches do seem to fly off faster.

I think as well you will make your July goal of 100 pounds!!!

Fingers crossed:)

Love Mini xxx

Hi Chris

I can never seem to find you! Wanted to send you a hug and hope you are doing OK and I found this thread you started.

I'm sure that next week will show the loss - you are doing such a star job, especially with all that you are having to cope with at the moment.

if it is a plataeu you have to get passed it and carry on dont be dishertened because it will speed up again you just have to be patient and determined good luck.
and CONGRATS on current weight loss fantastic you are a complete role model :)
xx

Thanks everyone! I must admit to being disheartened - but as Ken would have said, I'm down but not out! I am still determined to get the rest of my weight off - I just wish it would do what its supposed to!! I'm still sure its more to do with stress than anything - but hopefully that will begin to ease in time.
x

Back