Really feeling like giving up :-(

Daisyboo

I just feel like I am going 1 step forward and 2 steps back. I try so hard all week, and then I am faced by temptation and I just give in :cry:

• Tuesday it was M&S Percy Pigs I found in my desk
  • Wednesday was faaaar too many cakes from Costas as it was my leaving do at work (did I guestimate and I think it may have been 60 syns worth!! :cry::cry::cry:)
  • Friday I resisted all but 1 piece of chicken pakora at my brothers and drove so the bacardi couldn't tempt me :)D) but then gave in and ate 2 massively chunky cadbury selection box biscuits
  • Sunday I ate 3 liqure chocolates, 4 ferrero rocher, a bowl of ice cream and a large bacardi
And this was my "100% effort" week!! When I started my goal weight was so far away - I could have lost it at a pound or less a week and still made it - and now all of a sudden I have 9 weeks to go and the Xmas holidays to get through.

My WI is at 7.30 but I really dont want to go. But on the other hand I am so determined to get to my target and to get my target sticker rather than giving up like I do every single time I have done it before!!

My worst time is the night before WI! I get the munchies something chronic - then I get all moody because I try not to have anything in case it weighs the next day! Think I'll be going to bed early tonight so I don't pick :(

On your ticker, you only have 12 lbs to go - which is not a lot!! - so don't give up. You clearly give in to sweet things, so make sure that you are well organised at home and work and get lots of free food that you can stuff on. I have lost 1 st 1lb in 7 weeks, SO YOU CAN DO IT!!! xx

On your ticker, you only have 12 lbs to go - which is not a lot!! - so don't give up. You clearly give in to sweet things, so make sure that you are well organised at home and work and get lots of free food that you can stuff on. I have lost 1 st 1lb in 7 weeks, SO YOU CAN DO IT!!! xx

Thanks Mambo - its just that I haven't managed to get past that magic 1 stone mark in ages - I just stick at about 9/10lb and then give up and then Im back where I started.

Your right though - I need to be more organised - plan my meals and stock the fridge with yummy syn free goodies and just get my bum back in gear!!!

x

I too have been stuck (previous posts will testify this) but remember, you are not gaining like you may have been doing had you not been following the plan at all. When you give in, think of it as giving in for that moment only, not for the rest of the day/week/month etc. good luck and keep going xx

I'm just like this Daisyboo - 1 step forward and 2 back, but you'd just be all those 2 steps back if you just gave up completely ! I know I would be too.

Are you going to WI hun ?

Went to weigh in and amazingly managed to LOSE half a pound!!! I have signed up for a 6 week count down so have committed myself till the new year at least.

Thanks for all your support above - looks like Im back on that waggon!!

Brilliant well done. It's amazing how we react to our thoughts rather than the facts. keep on going girl you are doing well xx

Back on the wagon with a vengance! Remember you are going away on holiday soon, you want to look ten times better than you do now! Thats your motivation!

Good luck

Claire

Oh thanks brilliant - woo hooo well done you :) xxx

...and had you not gone to WI you would still be thinking that you hadnt lost which in turn makes you even more upset and before you know it your eating another chocci bar and you give up all together. Good on you for going and now its had the opposite and very positive effect. Well done you for sticking hun. x

Well done for going - and even more congratulations on buying a countdown!

That means that, temporarily at least, and over probably the most difficult time of the year, you are now COMMITTED to SW!

That may just prove to be your salvation, and I send you Very Best Wishes for your future weight losses! Do let us all know how you get on - I promise that you will not regret your decision!!!

You've listed all the things you didn't want to eat, and did BUT........

How about all the great things you did eat?

Somethines it's easy to get bogged down with "oh bugger I ate that chocolate bar" totally forgetting all the healthy meals you also had.

Good luck & stay positive :)

xxxx

Back