Really free???

*angela*

Silver Member
Ok just had tonight's dinner, an oldy but a classic but can I just check before I get carried away that it's really free+I'm not not Counting syns when I should be.

It was sw chips boiled then oven cooked with fry lite. Steak with fat removed then fried in the pan with fry lite then a whole box of mushrooms (I LOVE mushrooms) cooked in the juices of the steak - this is the main thing I have my doubts about the syns coz maybe I should have cooked them separate.

I also had pepper sauce using the Swartz mix which I've put down as 3 syns and I used my milk as my HEXA so I'm happy enough with that.

Advice would be appreciated. Thanks ladies :) x

Btw it was a standard sirloin steak, is there such a thing as an extra lean steak?? Sorry if this is a stupid question lol xx

I reckon you're spot on there, I would have counted and cooked exactly the same as you.

In Asda I have seen extra trimmed steak where more of the fat is taken off, not sure how it worked out cost wise but you can still always cut the fat off yourself if IRS cheaper that way.

Good luck, sounds like you've got the hang of it.

Thanks thats a relief :) would the mushrooms still be free even though they were cooked in juices?

I reckon they would still be free as you've removed the fat so it's only the meat juices cooking them.

Back