Really Low Cal Soup

xx Cathy xx

Bye Bye Huge Bottom!
Just thought I'd share this with you lucky re-feeders. I'm doing a brief re-feed for 3 weeks as I've a few day trips planned with no options to make shakes up so decided refeeding temporarily was safer option (doing lots and lots of walking on daytrips round london, york etc)

Anyways I've noticed on some re-feed diaries people have snacks during the day as well as their meals so thought I'd share a recipe for really low calorie soups (0 points on WW). Theyre nice and filling and wont do any damage. I'm planning on making a batch and keeping them in portion sizes in the fridge and if I get hungry I can reach for a cup of soup rather than another shake or other snack.

Ingredients:
2 tins of chopped/plum tomatoes (or use fresh if you like)
1 big or 2 small onions
1 clove garlic
2 or 3 carrots
butternut squash
swede or turnip
chopped basil or oregano
2 vegetable oxo cubes
water to cover veg

put all the veg in huge saucepan and cover with water and add oxo cubes and seasoning (if using tinned tomatoes leave until veg are done)
bring to boil and simmer for about 45mins so veg is quite mushy
add tomatoes
either mash together with potato masher if you prefer chunky soup or use a blender if you like smooth

If you do this the night before and leave in pan overnight for flavours to mix together (like you would stew) its really nice. Also makes a nice low calorie meal if you have a slice of bread with it.

Hope this is of use to you x

Ooh almost forgot to add tomato puree if you want it as a more tomato soup x

Back