Really missing food :-(

helenjayne90

I cant stop thinking bout food! all i can think bout is what im gunna eat when i get off this diet - i keep telling myself its only 4 weeks but i know im gunna have to stay on it longer atleast 8 weeks in total

Missing it really bad today just want to taste something trying to push myself till weigh in on monday but it seems so far away

I feel your pain lol. My goal was six weeks but in my head I've already decided that if I have a good loss on Tuesday(which will be my 3rd week, I will go another week, if I don't get a good loss I'm going on re-feed!. I see the F word everywhere, I smell it all around me, my nose has become increadibly sensitive!

Middle of week 5 for me and I am so bored with shakes. Definitely not hungry, and not particularly craving any one food I'm just BORED !

I'm just taking it all one day at a time, but I'd like to make it to at least 8 weeks before considering a refeed.

I know what you mean, it is so boring. I am on Week 3. I've had 2 good losses, 12lb and then 6lb in week 2 - so this has spurred me on. I find myself OBSESSED with food. I watch food programmes constantly now and almost fantasise about eating, food and even the thought of crunching something even a cucumber. I am not necessarily hungry like you say but food takes up such an enormous part of our lives that there are these massive gaps in my day where I really feel at a loss and have no idea what to do with myself. I intend to keep on this journey but boy does it feel like a long one. At this rate, to achieve my goal, I will need to stay on it for at least 8-10 weeks I imagine. Sigh.

I am in a weird place with food today. I am really sensitive to food smells and found a couple of wafts of food strangely unpleasant. I am ok with the shakes. I am not finding it too hard today. I am treating the shakes as essential food and nutrition and hopefully this break from normal eating is making me appreciate what the purpose of eating is. Food = fuel. I don't need to abuse food and punish my body.

I am looking forward to eating proper food at some point. I have actually been remembering what decent meals are - portions of vegetables or salad with meat or fish. Portion control. Things I haven't been doing - I've been really disordered in my eating for some time.

I don't want to think of how long it will take me to get down to a decent weight for my height. I think I would cry!

Maybe once I have my weight down to a certain level I need to try joining a good weight loss programme to keep me on a healthy eating plan - I need to see how this goes a day at a time first. I can think about what to do in the longer term nearer the time.

This is a learning process for me. So I hope to learn to eat well and keep myself healthy at some point.

Back