Really need advice

claireHob

Hello all, I'm new to this. I joined last thursday, anywho...

I'm finding it really hard to add my speed foods, or whatever they are called. I don't eat a lot of veg and I don't know how to add to my meal to make it better. Say for dinner I do a chicken breast with lean bacon around it (Maybe add my cheese on top as my heathly extra) And I'll make myself some sweet potatoe chips. That's as far as I get as I don't like anything green to go with it.

My sad lonely list of veg I like:
Carrots
Onions
Sweet/ normal potatoe
mushrooms
Red pepers
Corn
Kidney beans

Yep... that's sadly it. And my fruit list is even more shocking... (red apples)

For that meal I'd add some cooked mushrooms and peppers under the bacon and cheese layer and stack it all up. Mmm.

Spaghetti Bolognese - add peppers, grated carrot and mushrooms and onions.

Beef stew with carrots onions spuds and beef.

Try cooking a veg soup and blend it so you can hide loads of veg.

Veg packed chilli with extra lean mince the veggies you listed and kidney beans.

Grated carrot is good for bulking out meals.

If you like sweet potato, I suggest trying butternut squash. The flavours and texture are quite similar, but BNS is speed rather than free. You can get pre-prepared packs with both in that would make a lush mash if you want to mix them at first. With your chicken dish, just add some carrots or mushrooms on the side. Or maybe baked/caramelised peppers and onions. As long as it's a speed food, it really doesn't matter what it is - you don't have to add green things if you don't want to.

As for fruit, I only eat a small amount of it. Two portions a day at the most, usually a handful of berries and an apple. I know this is unusual for SW based on accounts I follow, but again - you don't have to eat it! The nutrients can be gotten elsewhere, although you may struggle a bit if you're also limiting veg.

These are all great ideas. Thank you for your time! I'll be sure to try all of these. I'm not so much at a loss now. I'm trying the syn free meatballs tonight, so I'm going to pack it with mushrooms. I'll add celery to it as well, I'm not a fan, but my husband likes it and hey, if it's on my plate and covered in sauce it might just get munched haha.

Back