Really need some help please?

Sculls

Silver Member
Hi - I could really do with some help and support if possible?

I lose very slowly and I have always been OK with that but recently I feel my motivation is slipping and have put 1lb a week on for the last few weeks! I am not eating stupidly but I am not sticking to plan! I am moderately exercising and training for a 10k in a few weeks! I am nervous that I am undoing my hard work and it will take me a month to lose 2lb at the rate that I lose so the gains need to stop! Happy for some tough love :) I am going to Glasonbury in 6 weeks so want to be at my first target of 10stone by then - I am 10.7 now! I also want to get my focus back and start the 30 day shred but struggle doing that with running and the 10k is not an option!

Love to cook and plan when I am motivated so need to shake myself up and get my mojo back! I know when I am not with it as I avoid this site and my food diary!

x

I think you are setting yourself an awful lot of goals you want to achieve and it's no wonder you're losing focus.
Take a step back and look at things one at a time.

Firstly, look at your current exercise and calorie intake. Are you gaining because you're just eating too much. Are you exercising too much and not eating enough?? Is it purely just not sticking to plan?

What plan are you on and do you need a change? Are you getting complacent and need a swap from Red to Green or to EE?

Then look at your goals, what is coming up first and realistically what is most important? Does it really matter if you do or don't reach a particular weight when you get to Glastonbury? Do you really need to start the shred now? The 10k run seems imminent and probably highest on your list of priorities at the moment, especially if it's for charity and something you're committed to and cannot get out of.

Don't be so tough on yourself, you've identified there's an issue that you're not happy about, you want to nip it in the bud before it gets out of hand and that can only be a good thing. Work out a new plan of action, set yourself a very small goal to test it and see how you get on.

Wishing you all the best :)

Ok so you don't have alot to loose so you may find your losses slow but if your openly saying your not on plan (although not going crazy) it will hamper your losses.

If you want to loose weight I'm afraid only you can do it. I find this site helps alot seeing everyone else loosing I'd great and spurs me on and e every single person here struggles finds some days hard some easy, some ups some down but 99% put in alot of hard work and battle through the days when we don't want to be doing it.

Some tips for motivation are clothes you want to buy, a picture of the bits of you you want to tone down.

I agree relax a little on yourself goals wise that doesn't mean relax as in eat off plan though just means stop weighing and measuring yourself, stop getting frustrated with yourself. I'd say lay off scales for 2-3 weeks try really hard to be on plan everyday then weigh after 3 weeks.

Hope that helps and you find some umph to push on and get to where you need to be.

from fat to skinny jeans only 48lb to go

I'd get your tape measure out and see if you've lost inches, that's always a boost.

Thanks so much for your words of wisdom! You may be right about doing too much but I feel I need to focus now! So...

I have taken pictures of myself this morning and will do each week!
I have to continue training for the 10k - I can run 6.5k at the moment so have 3 weeks to get up to the 10k!
I would like to do some 30 day shred too but will see what happens with that!
I will keep a food diary and do red days where possible!

Would be great to keep a diary here if you could give me any advice possible that would be great!?

Yesterday I rebelled and ate so much rubbish but I put 2lb on! That's 4lb in 3 weeks so my head feels back in the game and I am determined to get back on plan properly!

Ok so you don't have alot to loose so you may find your losses slow but if your openly saying your not on plan (although not going crazy) it will hamper your losses.

If you want to loose weight I'm afraid only you can do it. I find this site helps alot seeing everyone else loosing I'd great and spurs me on and e every single person here struggles finds some days hard some easy, some ups some down but 99% put in alot of hard work and battle through the days when we don't want to be doing it.

Some tips for motivation are clothes you want to buy, a picture of the bits of you you want to tone down.

I agree relax a little on yourself goals wise that doesn't mean relax as in eat off plan though just means stop weighing and measuring yourself, stop getting frustrated with yourself. I'd say lay off scales for 2-3 weeks try really hard to be on plan everyday then weigh after 3 weeks.

Hope that helps and you find some umph to push on and get to where you need to be.

from fat to skinny jeans only 48lb to go

Thanks for this! Photos taken this morning have given me a kick! I have ordered some shorts in a size 12 for glastonbury so no more gaining allowed! I am going to continue picking up some bits in a 12 too! x

I think you are setting yourself an awful lot of goals you want to achieve and it's no wonder you're losing focus.
Take a step back and look at things one at a time.

Firstly, look at your current exercise and calorie intake. Are you gaining because you're just eating too much. Are you exercising too much and not eating enough?? Is it purely just not sticking to plan?

What plan are you on and do you need a change? Are you getting complacent and need a swap from Red to Green or to EE?

Then look at your goals, what is coming up first and realistically what is most important? Does it really matter if you do or don't reach a particular weight when you get to Glastonbury? Do you really need to start the shred now? The 10k run seems imminent and probably highest on your list of priorities at the moment, especially if it's for charity and something you're committed to and cannot get out of.

Don't be so tough on yourself, you've identified there's an issue that you're not happy about, you want to nip it in the bud before it gets out of hand and that can only be a good thing. Work out a new plan of action, set yourself a very small goal to test it and see how you get on.

Wishing you all the best :)

Thank you - I am not going to put pressure on myself to shred until after the run and then try to hit that hard! My consultant said it wont be the exercise effecting my gains anymore (it has done in the past) and to be honest I know its the wrong food and slipping in and out of plan! My new plan of action is to plan to be bang on plan all week and see what the scales say next week! x

When I up the exercise (especially when I'm doing the 30 day shred) I don't lose weight. I do love exercise and even at 19 weeks pregnant am still working out everyday. I bet you are losing inches all over the place and probably have great definition. I also bet you look much lighter than what the scales say due to your muscle/fat ratio being more favourable than a non-exerciser. If you are eating right and working out then only good things can happen. I know how disheartening it is to not see your effort on the scales but no one else see's that number but you. What everyone see's is how great you look and how hard you work at your health and fitness.
I don't know how your consultant can say that exercise won't be effecting your weight loss. Everyone is different so that's quite a generalisation to make.

Hi I can sympathise wanted to lose a pound a week for a hen do I'm going on so would be losing 7 pounds in 7 weeks, taking me to my ten stone target, spoke to my leader after only losing half a pound the last two weeks and she said I might be putting too much pressure on myself and this could mean I'm more likely to give up rather than spurn me on.
Have now decided the main priority is sticking to plan and not giving up, I exercise a lot too and it definitely changes your body shape!

Thank you - I am not going to put pressure on myself to shred until after the run and then try to hit that hard! My consultant said it wont be the exercise effecting my gains anymore (it has done in the past) and to be honest I know its the wrong food and slipping in and out of plan! My new plan of action is to plan to be bang on plan all week and see what the scales say next week! x

That's great! - Good luck x

So today I keep a food diary... This is what I have to keep up as the minute I don't I slip,,,

Red day ...

1xB
2xA
1.5 syns

2 Tea (milk) A - missed breakfast :(

Peri peri chicken (1.5) lots of rocket, tomato, cucumber

Melon,

3 x ryvita (B) and banana

Chicken spinach mozzarella (A) passata sauce

image-830550385.jpg

This was yummy!

Determined to be asleep by 10 so I can run I the morning! Really hope I kick myself out of bed in time x

Ok so didnt go running today so I MUST go in the morning! Struggling for motivation but I know I need to! My food diary today was again a red day but a few more syns than I planned but lots of SF!

Cappuccino light (2.5)

Tangerine

3 ryvita and banana (B)

Strawberries

1/2 pear

Red Thai chicken salad rocket cucumber and tomatoes

Chicken topped mozzarella, (A) spinach, tomato sauce and asparagus

2 x alpen light (B)
Mini cucumbers
ML fudge dessert (4.5)
Hoops and crosses (4.5)

I purposely saved my treats for tonight as a night in with my daughter normally has some treats that steer me off plan!

Going out for lunch with friends tomorrow so have planned a big breakfast so I can be good at lunch :) x

Went for a 5k run this morning! It hurt but I will have to keep going for the next few weeks! Just coming back here has motivated me to get back on the horse ;)

Scrambled eggs
Salmon
Spinach
WM Toast (B)

Skinny latte (2.5)

Pastrami and mini cucumbers

Hoi sin chicken (2) with lots of pak choi

Small red wine (7)

4 choc fingers (6) was meant to be 2 but i had 4 but could have been the box!

2 x alpen lights (B)

Had some milk in tea and coffee (A)

17.5 syns today but I feel like I have had lots of SF and eaten really well! Hope to run again tomorrow and have friends over for dinner so planning SW :)

Hi - I could really do with some help and support if possible?

I lose very slowly and I have always been OK with that but recently I feel my motivation is slipping and have put 1lb a week on for the last few weeks! I am not eating stupidly but I am not sticking to plan! I am moderately exercising and training for a 10k in a few weeks! I am nervous that I am undoing my hard work and it will take me a month to lose 2lb at the rate that I lose so the gains need to stop! Happy for some tough love :) I am going to Glasonbury in 6 weeks so want to be at my first target of 10stone by then - I am 10.7 now! I also want to get my focus back and start the 30 day shred but struggle doing that with running and the 10k is not an option!

Love to cook and plan when I am motivated so need to shake myself up and get my mojo back! I know when I am not with it as I avoid this site and my food diary!

x
Why don't you join one of the challenge threads? 12 week challenge seems to be motivating a lit if people at the moment and I am loving the ready steady cook thread as its inspiring me to try new recipes that are a bit different to what I normally make and with different ingredients x

Seems like you have your motivation back! :D

Keep up the good work!

Why don't you join one of the challenge threads? 12 week challenge seems to be motivating a lit if people at the moment and I am loving the ready steady cook thread as its inspiring me to try new recipes that are a bit different to what I normally make and with different ingredients x

Hey :) thanks for the reply but I struggle to keep to something like that or work towards a goal like 12 weeks because when I get there I go mad! Ha ha I done it last year and then put a stone on :) x

Seems like you have your motivation back! :D

Keep up the good work!

I really feel like I have! Just coming back on here after a few weeks and getting some advice and support has really helped as I was so worried I would just keep slipping! X

1/2 banana

7k run! This was tough but made up I done it!

3 WW sausages (1.5) and whole tub of cherry toms

Smoked salmon, lettuce, mini cucumber. Salad cream (2)

Fruit salad

A few gulps of Full fat coke (6)

Skinny caramel latte - costa (A)

1 wholemeal toast (B) light light mayo (1) mustard (1) lots of lettuce and ham

Red day with lots of super free!

11.5 syns but I think I have over counted! Happy with that for the weekend so will be low syns for the next 3 days x

Back