Really scared

mumto1

As I have now finished cd I'm really scared what to do. I'm even thinking of not listening to the dr and carry on with cd. I really need and want to loose another 6 stone but don't want it taking for ever or at the worse give up and put it all back on

I'm not sure what plan I will follow weighing up the options, don't want to do ww as it's to easy to eat the wrong foods so I'm thinking of either sw or rc what does everyone else think it's really worrying me. All I've eaten since Friday is chicken and plain veg and a bowl of porridge for breakfast, got on the scales today and have already put on 3 lbs :( HELP please xx

aww hun i really feel for you, but its important you listen to your doctor its in your best interests xxx Ive done both sw and rc and found sw the better of the 2 prob because im greedy lol. Its just about finding the right one for you. Sorry probably not much help but couldnt read and run, maybe have a chat with the doctor about options?

Last edited:
If your doctor gas advised you to come off CD it must be for a reason? Have you looked into celebrity slim? My sister did it and lost a lot. Just try not to get disheartened, if your coming off CD and eating again you probably will put a few lbs on because your body isn't used to food. Give yourself time and find the diet that works for you x

Hey hon. You have to listen to your GP...you know that. Have a read of thedietguy.co.uk.....he gives loads of great advice that can be applied to any weight management plan

not sure why you had to come of CD - but guess if its no good for you it would also rule out all of the other meal replacement dites. Have you thought of using the CD plans to find the right balance - ie trying Step 3 or Step 4 - at least you know that is how you would normally progress one you have finished on SS. Good luck

thanks all for the replys

Gg i will have a look at the dietguy and thanks for all your advice much appriciated xx

setas im having to come of cd as ive got gall stones and stomach problems from being on cd, been making myself sick since before xmas due to the pain and thats all that would relieve it but kept quiet as i really wanted to stay on cd but it all got to much on thursday so spoke to drs and he told me to stop(short version x)

Mum... you really have to question and be honest with yourself about what you have been doing in ignoring your body the last few weeks just to stay on CD. You could have made yourself seriously ill and that kind of thinking is bordering on (if not actually is) eating disorder talk/mentality. This leads me to suspect there may be some deeper issues going on with you and that is what is scaring you? That the CD gave you a sense of distraction and control over these things (that you might not be able to put a name too but are aware of "something" deep in your mind).

Might be worth having an honest conversation with your GP and seeing if he would refer you to a therapist who has experience of eating disorder? I've recently come across these workbooks.. maybe something in there might give you an idea of what may be burbling underneath? Centre for Clinical Interventions (CCI) - Psychotherapy, Research, Training

Just take care of yourself hon ... (hugs)

Hi Mum --

I joined RC (2 weeks ago) and there is a woman in my class who lost over 3 stone this past year (she is at goal and maintaining). I think that most people can expect to lose two to three pounds a week if they follow the plan. It is a healthy eating programe and you can tweak it to be low carb and, as you are having gall bladder problems, the low fat structure should suit you.

RC is currenly running a special on their website (expires soon) -- free joining, joining kit (portion pots, measuring tape, books, dvd, etc.), five classes -- which are a fitness class, not just talk for 29 pounds. I have been twice and can see how this programme will not only help me to lose weight, but keep it off long-term.

MM

Gg the readon i did cd in the first place was to break the eating cycle and reeducate myself on how to eat properly after cd obviously this hasn't happened as I never planned to come off cd until I'd worked up the plans Like your suppose to which is probably the same attitude as most people on vlcd also the fast results too.

I don't have a eating disorder but do eat for comfort also like loads of us, I've had a pretty c**p 18 months due to hubby leaving and being a complete idiot to our 11 yr old daughter, I've not been out much in that time as I'm too fat to feel I fit it which also then leads to comfort eating. I'm also worried that being fat noone will want me and dd so that's why I decided to do this plan, that's the main reason for keeping things quiet about being sick. I had it inmy head I would be at target for summer so I would then feel better about myself and get out there now this Wont happen I think that's worried me about being on my own
forever, stupid I no just can't help it. Will be starting sw tomorrow and shift the rest if my weight slowly that way, can't start today as I've not got the right foods in as I only by for my dd so tomorrow will be a huge shop.

Thanks again Gg xxx

no worries hon... was just a bit concerned... and remember that eating disorder is just disordered eating (not meaning the clinically named ones like Bulimia etc which are much further along the spectrum). I would class myself as having disordered eating as so much of my eating was (and still is in some areas) related to emotions not physical hunger/need.

:hug99: Are you able to work up the plans weekly at all? So that you don`t just suddenly start eating? That is what will make you gain, Though it will be mostly water x

I am probably going to try RC as it includes a 45 minute dance class/work out for £6 a week but I also have the discipline of a weigh in and the support if I need it.

At the moment, They have an offer where you can join and get 5 weeks of classes for £29. When you join you also get free portion control pots (which I think is another area I need guidance in) and a special tape measure so that you can track your inch loss along with a dvd and a diet book. Usually it is £10 to join then £5-6 a week depending on what your local club charges.

I would pay at least £6 just for an exercise class, So I feel with RC I would be getting the best of both worlds. They do actually do their own food aswell, But a weekly pack (soup, a meal and bars etc) is £39.99 which is a bit pricey for me when you think you`re paying another £6 on top but might be an option for you? They have bigger packs, So it might be cheaper if you buy more in one go??

HTH Xxxx

Hi Mum --

I joined RC (2 weeks ago) and there is a woman in my class who lost over 3 stone this past year (she is at goal and maintaining). I think that most people can expect to lose two to three pounds a week if they follow the plan. It is a healthy eating programe and you can tweak it to be low carb and, as you are having gall bladder problems, the low fat structure should suit you.

RC is currenly running a special on their website (expires soon) -- free joining, joining kit (portion pots, measuring tape, books, dvd, etc.), five classes -- which are a fitness class, not just talk for 29 pounds. I have been twice and can see how this programme will not only help me to lose weight, but keep it off long-term.

MM

Hehe great minds think alike ;) Xx

Gg the words eating disorder scares me even more x I think we all have an ed to some degree otherwise we wouldn't be here and that's another reason I told the dr as I never use to be able to make myself sick but recently I was finding it easier than the pain I was in and I certantly didn't want to get into a habit of doing it xx thanks for your fab advice x

Ss good luck with rc I've looked in to it but the nearest class for me is miles away and the exercise they do is zumba which I already do at my local school which is also where they hold sw so I can walk there bit more exercise. Xx

@Lise -- I think you'll really enjoy the RC.

@Gg -- I, too, suffer from "disordered" eating... probably many of us on this forum do.

Mumto1 -- I think giving SW a try is a good idea. By not giving up, just changing your "plan of attack" -- you can still win the war.

I have an 11 year DD, too. I cannot imagine how difficult it must be for you as a single mom to pre-teen. You are going to be a great role model for her: showing her how you have stuck to goals, despite the roadblocks along the way.

MM

Ss good luck with rc I've looked in to it but the nearest class for me is miles away and the exercise they do is zumba which I already do at my local school which is also where they hold sw so I can walk there bit more exercise. Xx

Good luck hun, You CAN do it Xxx

Mumto1 -- I think giving SW a try is a good idea. By not giving up, just changing your "plan of attack" -- you can still win the war.

I have an 11 year DD, too. I cannot imagine how difficult it must be for you as a single mom to pre-teen. You are going to be a great role model for her: showing her how you have stuck to goals, despite the roadblocks along the way.

MM

What a lovely thing to say, And quite right too!! I would rep you but it won`t let me.

Mumto1, MM is right, You should be proud of yourself Xxx

Thanks Lise.

MM

Back