Really slow weight loss in first week.

hels123smiles

Silver Member
I know I shouldnt have weighed myself, but its day 5 and have only lost a pound.....I was expecting more!!
Help me stay motivated ladies and gents!

Stop weighing yourself wait till your cdc weighs you, if you stick to it 100% the pounds will drop off.Good luck.

Im seeing her tomorrow as I cant make Thursday, so will see her on day 6. I have stuck to it 100%, the only thing I might have done wrong is I have drunk about 3-4 litres of water, but I have felt thirsty and have needed the water.
I just feel abit disheartened.

3-4 litres is not wrong it is totally right,youre only day 5 just wait and see what happens when you have official wi
xx

It all happens overnight, the night before weigh-in so stop peeping, it will not make it come off any faster, focus on completing each week, a day at time. This diet coes not fail. Even if you stay the same one week, you have a brilliant loss the following week. Stick at it.

Hi, as the others have said... wait till w. in... it will come off. Good luck.

The first week is really hard but hang in there - im sure you'll have a big loss soon, your body is probably a little shocked i once stayed the same for 2 weeks then lost 13lbs. It will happen for you hun x

Thanks all! My hubby started at the same time and has lost 13lbs already!
I just need a bit of encouragement today, your support is much appreciated, its been a tough day Ive had all sorts of cravings.

Thanks all! My hubby started at the same time and has lost 13lbs already!
I just need a bit of encouragement today, your support is much appreciated, its been a tough day Ive had all sorts of cravings.
erm..my cdc hates it when a husband and wife start together as men lose notoriously faster than women ,if i were you just focus on yourself hun
xx

She did warn us that DH would loose the weight faster than me, he also has more to loose, but a pound??! The amount of water I drink I could wee a pound lol!

Im seeing her tomorrow as I cant make Thursday, so will see her on day 6. I have stuck to it 100%, the only thing I might have done wrong is I have drunk about 3-4 litres of water, but I have felt thirsty and have needed the water.
I just feel abit disheartened.

Definitely not wrong! "The more you drink the more you shrink" as they say! :)

She did warn us that DH would loose the weight faster than me, he also has more to loose, but a pound??! The amount of water I drink I could wee a pound lol!
Haha!!i know where youre coming from hun but think about it logically you are having between 450-600 cals a day your body could not function on that alone,if you are drinking all the water and in ketosis you are burning fat there is no other option,if the scales havent moved much then you are retaining water ,there is no other answer other than the obvious(constipation)they will move all of a sudden and once they start you will fly.Dont get too hung up on the scales hun,you may have lost more than you think anyway http://www.minimins.com/cambridge-diet-forum/61295-measuring-success-scales.htmlhave a read of this
xx

Thanks Andju,

Thanks Andju, that has inspired me a lot. Much apreciated.

sorry, my baby posted the first post before Id finished!

Eugh I hate how guys lose so much quicker than us! When I was on "healthy eating" with my bf, i barely lost 1lb, and hes be cheating and eating croisants and bacon and still lost 5lbs!

my cdc advised me not to go to the gym in the first week until my body was in ketosis and used to the decrease in calories etc, but i went walking as fast as i could for 30mins everyday so my heart rate was up and in the fat burning zone, it doesnt take much, which helped me as you dont get such massive losses if you dont have a large amount to lose, compared to some others x

I lost 2lbs :cry: Im gutted. My CDC said she had never known it before, and had no idea why..

Back