Really struggling at mo - HELP!

Tessieg1

Silver Member
Hi guys, hope you're all well.

I don't know what's wrong with me this week, but I'm really struggling to stay on track, even more than usual. I've tried visualising why I want to be slim and my reasons, etc, etc, but I just feel....bleurgh at the mo. I'm still on TOTM (sorry if too much info) and I've just had my flu jab, so I'm not feeling brilliant. I am actually scared to face my CDC as she's going to be so disappointed in me. I really did want to do well this week to start with, but I think I just need a kick up the behind to be honest. I have two days left before my weigh in. If I stick to CD 110%, do you reckon I could lose 2-3lbs at least? I've asked my mom if they could have dinner before I get home and not to offer me any food today, so I'm planning on having an omelette when I get back. I'm looking forward to going home and sleeping in my own bed tonight. Think I'm going to do the "easy" version of 30 Day Shred tomorrow to see if I can shift those lbs.
Thanks for reading my ramblings, guys. I appreciate your help. x

Hiya Hun :)
Aw we all have days like this. I'm just waking up to day 4 really thirsty and tired....yuk!
I have a nightmare cos I had to move home with my mum and she is constantly offering me food thinking she's being nice but doesn't understand that she makes it worse.
Even just doing it for a cpl of days before your weigh in should help, make u feel better anyway :)
Take every day one day at a time and u will get there...we all will xx have a good day!

Aw, thanks Hon. I really appreciate your reply. :)

Hi Hun, sorry to hear you are having a bad time at the moment. I wouldn't beat yourself up too much you've done brilliantly so far and this is just a small blip. I really do think the time of year has something to do with it because I've been finding it difficult also - the weather etc..and I am always freezing cold and TOTM probably isn't helping. I do think you could drop 2lbs in the next couple of days if you stick to plan and drink as much water as you can and I wouldn't worry about your CDC she/he has probably seen it a million times before. Sending positive vibes xx

Thanks Hon, I appreciate it. I've already had a litre of water today and two cups of Rooibos, so my water intake is good so far. I've got some Psyllium Husks which seem to be keeping me fuller longer too. I have been reading some diaries again too, and I must say that you're definitely one of my "inspirational" people that I admire.
I am just worried that my CDC will think I'm wasting her time as I've not been her "biggest loser" as such and I keep messing up. :(
Oh well, even more determined to lose at least 2lbs by Saturday now! Thanks again. x :)

Hi beautiful lady!

Your doing so so well!

You know i think your like superwoman! Give yourself a break chick, have a nice hot bath pamper yourself (if you have time!) and look at that beautiful girl of yours - all your reasons you want to be ealthier and happier!

You know where I am sweet I get notifications to my phone from Facebook so if u message me day or night il reply!

Keep smiling xxxxxx

I agree with Lauren - don't put so much pressure on yourself - if your ill your ill and we are only human sweetie xxxxx

Moley and Lauren, thank you my friends. Wouldn't be able to do this without you. Will FB you if I get stuck as I have access to FB on my phone.
Love you guys. x :)

Anytime chickie!!

We've got to beat this JILLIAN woman one way or another Hehe

Will be checking my phone religiously today so want to hear how your doing...

We know you can finish this hun!!

Loads of love back xxxx and Lissy sends skinny snuggles! Xxx

Thanks again, Hon. :)

I won't be able to post again for a while, coz I have a 11h shift left to do. Our phones have to be off for security reasons, but I will try and sneak back onto the CD forum if I can. (internet usage is monitored...:eek:).

I will definitely catch up tonight when I get home though. :) x

Okie dokie sweet!

Hopefully a glorious 11 hour shift will keep you motivated.... Not!

At least you can hide from food!

Try and have a good day, catch up tonight xxx

Hehe, anything that takes my mind off food!

I'm about to have my first shake - Banana Bliss. Yum.

Chat soon. x

Hey Tessie

I've been doing a lot of thinking after my own spectacular leap from the wagon a few days ago. I think once the initial euphoria of taking control by starting CD wears off we are left battling with years of conditioning. This week, if you'd not been on CD, you probably would have made yourself feel better with food (TOTM etc) but now you are having to deal with it "cold turkey" so to speak. As LeaV says her Mum has even been offering her to have food to help her feel better (because it goes against the mothers beliefs that instant gratification with food is not the right way?) I've been doing a lot of reading to try and gain insight on how to handle this and the general advice seems to be to:
  1. Take a moment to pause before eating. Leave the house for 2 minutes and go breathe some fresh air. Leave the room if in work and confronted with goodies to take a moment to question yourself about what the desire to eat is really and truly about.
  2. Once you have identified the emotion/feeling (cold, tired, hurt, empty) deal with that rather than covering it with food.
  3. Be aware that practice makes it easier and easier to stop using food as a salve. Make yourself aware of the differences in your behaviour now compared to over previous weeks/food intakes (less frequent snacking? Bigger gaps? Smaller amounts?).
  4. Don't allow yourself to take responsibility for other peoples feelings (i.e. your CDCs) or project your own feelings onto them (particularly before you even know what theirs as... will your CDC be disappointed or is this really your feelings?). Your CDC is there to do a job and help you with your journey; they are not there to make it more difficult for you. I nearly came up with an excuse to dodge mine this week but have taken a deep breath and am going to face her today because I know she only wants what's best for me (even if I don't).
As for trying to "catch up" over the next few days, try to just focus instead on working the plan confident in the knowledge that if you do the weight will come off week by week.

Take care
Hope that helps and good luck!

Gg your advice is just awesome. Going to print those ideas out and stick them in my kitchen.

Tessa - hope your shift goes OK!

Gg, really useful post, thankyou. :)
I've been working on those sort of ideas in my head for a while, but l've got to make sure l practice thinking them and keep putting them into action.
Your post puts it much more clearly and structured than the muddle that is my brain. :rolleyes:

I think at some point in the future you would make a good CDC, you've got a good understanding and insight into things.

Hey Tessie

I've been doing a lot of thinking after my own spectacular leap from the wagon a few days ago. I think once the initial euphoria of taking control by starting CD wears off we are left battling with years of conditioning. This week, if you'd not been on CD, you probably would have made yourself feel better with food (TOTM etc) but now you are having to deal with it "cold turkey" so to speak. As LeaV says her Mum has even been offering her to have food to help her feel better (because it goes against the mothers beliefs that instant gratification with food is not the right way?) I've been doing a lot of reading to try and gain insight on how to handle this and the general advice seems to be to:
  1. Take a moment to pause before eating. Leave the house for 2 minutes and go breathe some fresh air. Leave the room if in work and confronted with goodies to take a moment to question yourself about what the desire to eat is really and truly about.
  2. Once you have identified the emotion/feeling (cold, tired, hurt, empty) deal with that rather than covering it with food.
  3. Be aware that practice makes it easier and easier to stop using food as a salve. Make yourself aware of the differences in your behaviour now compared to over previous weeks/food intakes (less frequent snacking? Bigger gaps? Smaller amounts?).
  4. Don't allow yourself to take responsibility for other peoples feelings (i.e. your CDCs) or project your own feelings onto them (particularly before you even know what theirs as... will your CDC be disappointed or is this really your feelings?). Your CDC is there to do a job and help you with your journey; they are not there to make it more difficult for you. I nearly came up with an excuse to dodge mine this week but have taken a deep breath and am going to face her today because I know she only wants what's best for me (even if I don't).
As for trying to "catch up" over the next few days, try to just focus instead on working the plan confident in the knowledge that if you do the weight will come off week by week.

Take care
Hope that helps and good luck!

Gg, thanks so much for taking the time to write such a brilliant reply. I have copied your post and printed it off to keep with me. You're always an inspiration to me. Determined to get my head in gear, so thanks again. Have a great day. :)

Tessieg1, hang in there. I'm sure your CDC will be supportive.

On Sunday night my SIL (who's on CD too) phoned me to say she was going to cancel her Mon app. with her CDC as she had been off plan part of the weekend, she had no packs left and said she would just get by on chicken etc, l offered her to come round and get some spare packs l had, but she said she was in her pjs, anyway after a good bit of persuasion she decided she would keep the Mon app. It went fine and her CDC (same one as mine) was glad she hadn't avoided coming.

Last edited:
aaaw GG, you are like mother hen....loves you for that x

Ok baby girl, here is the deal.
First off - dont even think about how your CDC will treat you. You are feeling bad enough as it is. Her job is to encourage you and not wag her finger at you. You pay HER to be your counsellor, not your strict headmistress. her job is to encourage you not frighten you. Ill come and punch her lights out if she is mean to you. You have my word. Im feeling feisty today ;)

Second, I agree with GG above. When you see or smell temptation just pause. Think to yourself "Im only going to chew and enjoy this £1 worth of food only to go and ruin my £40 investement this week". Is it worth it?

I loves you little sweet red - we all do. I empathise with the temptation but you have to tell your head to stop being naughty on your heart. we can see your heart is in it, but your head isnt. I tell you what, chop off your head, send it to me in the post, ill give it a good talking to, I'll sprinkle some will power and magic coping dust into it and send it back (recorded delivery of course)

He heeeeeeeee...loves ya x

rumbly-tums said:
Ok baby girl, here is the deal.
First off - dont even think about how your CDC will treat you. You are feeling bad enough as it is. Her job is to encourage you and not wag her finger at you. You pay HER to be your counsellor, not your strict headmistress. her job is to encourage you not frighten you. Ill come and punch her lights out if she is mean to you. You have my word. Im feeling feisty today ;)

Second, I agree with GG above. When you see or smell temptation just pause. Think to yourself "Im only going to chew and enjoy this £1 worth of food only to go and ruin my £40 investement this week". Is it worth it?

I loves you little sweet red - we all do. I empathise with the temptation but you have to tell your head to stop being naughty on your heart. we can see your heart is in it, but your head isnt. I tell you what, chop off your head, send it to me in the post, ill give it a good talking to, I'll sprinkle some will power and magic coping dust into it and send it back (recorded delivery of course)

He heeeeeeeee...loves ya x

With a reply like that i wish this app had a like button like fb!!

Back