Really struggling at the moment....please help!

angwass

Well for the last 6 months I have well and truly messed about on slimming world....I haven't gained but I haven't lost anything either as I seem to be having a half good week and a half bad week. I had a month (last month) where I tried really hard for 4 weeks and didn't lose anything. Within that month I filled in SAS logs, I did a week of success express and I also did a photo food diary which I handed into my consultant. She looked at my food diary and said she couldn't see anything that I was doing wrong and didn't understand why I wasn't losing weight.

As you can imagine this really hit me and last week I had a shocking week as I thought well I might as well eat what I want and not lose weight than try my hardest and not lose anything and I put 1/2 a pound on. I then started this week with really good intentions of planning my meals for the week ahead and deciding to have a go at red and green days but again I've had a half and half week and I know I have probably gained again this week.

Please can anyone help with any advice to give me the kick up the bum I need as I need to get my head back in this!! I have got a few parties, weddings etc coming up this summer and I want to lose another stone which I know I can do when I set my mind to it but the 4 weeks of trying hard and not losing has knocked me off track :-( x

Go back to basics. Read back over your books, have a look at the free and superfree lists and do a meal plan. Go and do a good shop and just start again. Forget about all the weeks you didnt lose or gained, pretend like you are a brand new member. Weigh all healthy extras etc.

Dont beat yourself up about the bad weeks. If you think you have blown it your head just wont be in it. Just think of the bad weeks like you pressed pause on your weight loss and you are ready to press play again.

Good luck hun!!

You didn't mention Body Magic. Not sure if you already do any exercise but maybe it's worth starting to do some, or building on what you already do.

Good luck!! :)

What activities are you doing? Do you walk daily or attend the gym?
How are you in yourself? Have you been ill? Tired etc?

Try and think positively about the situation, at least you've maintained these last few months, perhaps normally you would have gained weight/all of the weight on if you weren't on the slimming world diet? Just try and keep a positive spin on things.

Try and do more with exercise, even if you can only fit in one aquafit class a week in, or walk to work or part way? Could you cycle to work?

Good luck :)

Hi, thanks for the replies!

I think exercise is my downfall as I don't really do much if I'm honest. I have got Zumba for Kinect at home and the 30 day shred etc which I used to do but since it's been dark, cold nights I haven't been going on it. I live too far away from work so couldn't cycle but I do walk the stairs at work and don't take the lift etc.

I am going to start doing an hour a day on the Zumba game this week and see if that makes a difference.

My body has been a bit all over the place the last 2 months with lady trouble so I don't know if that has caused havoc with the weight loss as well. Well I have sat down and done a meal plan for the week ahead and I have wrote a shopping list and I feel in a positive mood so hopefully it will last past the weekend :) x

Back