Really struggling so upset!

Poppy2013

Hi Everyone.

Well i broke my diet over the weekend and had an indian and then it didnt seem to stop i possibly ate london out of food! I feel so upset today, why oh why did i do it!!! Back on it 100% from now on.. feeling like this is not what i want to feel like again.

I'm finding it really hard and need that little extra support :( Does anyone wanna be my txt buddy and even the occasional phone call for some support? I have SOOOO much to lose and if that aint motivation enough i just need support from someone else whos also doing the diet!

I feel i have let myself down. I have so much to lose why cant i stick to such an easy diet thats giving me the chance to regain my life! :( Im sorry for the rant lol i WILL get slim in 2013!!

hi poppy i know the exact feeling that you're feeling but you mustn't beat yourself up about it. good on you for getting back on the wagon, you may still get a loss if you haven't weighed yet. :) If you find some weeks difficult have a working solutions day, that way you wont feel like you failed and you'll still lose weight. if you get hungry split your packs as thats the only way i manage along with boullion and mint tea. emotional eating is so horrible and put me right back on this diet. i was nearly at goal from 12.7st to 10.8st heading for my goal of 9st then had a family crisis and here we are :rolleyes:

what is important is to try as best as we can to live our lives while we are dieting rather than wait to reach goal before we live. this is what im trying to do to enjoy life more and helps a little to curve my emotional eating. you will get slim this year and so will I! ;)

Thanks Mazzy for your reply. How much Boullion are you allowed a day? I love the stuff and have about 3 cups a day, u think this will effect my wait loss? Good on your also for getting back on it! Defo need to start living life :) xxx

a lot of members drank boullion when i was on here last time and it was part of the "allowed" drink which im sure is on the drinks list. I have two max as im sure it was two but i cannot remember how much is allowed sorry :( however boullion never affected my loss and i had good losses so it shud be fine :)xx

Mazzy has given some fab advice there, I think the main thing is don't beat yourself up about it, it's happened and you can't change that now, but what you can change is what happens next. It's really good that you're back on 100% :) proud of you chick! Splitting the packs will make it seem like they're going that little bit further, and eventually you'll start to realise what the trigger points are for when you would usually have reached out for something to eat. Mine is when I'm bored and think, "Oh, I'll just have a cuppa and a biccy", then realise it's not cos I'm hungry, it's cos I need something to do. I've gotten quite good at playing on the Xbox now when I get like that, usually on Just Dance 4 boogyin on down to Barry White lol or playing Call of Duty with my OH. Takes my mind right off food. There'll be nights where it'd be more social for me to have proper food, and I won't deny myself those things, a tiny little set back now and then but straight back in to it 100% the next day. As long as it's not more often than not I don't see it'd do much damage. Besides, we've all got to allow ourselves the odd night off and enjoy ourselves!

You can do this, I know you can :) xx

Hi

So glad I read this, and really supportive and good advice from ali and mazzy
I'm just starting my second week and am doing OK, have previously lost 3 st on cambridge but found exante towards the end and swapped over

The advice about the odd day enjoy some food is brill, I have the odd slice of roast beef no carbs on packet, it helps me and I never didn't lose. Thanks for the advice on bouillion, i'm definitely going to try this.

If you feel hungry, i've read a few suggestions at splitting the vanilla shakes and making hot lattes by adding a spoonful of coffee, makes you feel fuller at intervals.

anyways - very best of luck & thanks :)

Hi Poppy. Ali, Mazzy and Wendy have given the best advice. It apparently takes 28 days to break a habit so don't feel too bad that an ingrained habit won out. Some one once told me If you slip then mentally "ctl, alt, delete" that day and move on. You only fail if you don't try at all as they say.

Good for you for getting straight back into it. Youve done so well. It really shows how strong you are, especially since you asked for help and didnt just give up. :party0011:

I restarted on 1st jan and re restarter 5 jan because i was upset and tired so I gave in to my OH and was seduced by Indian (and everything else including spam which I wouldn't choose to eat even if it was allowed), I felt sick, I compared that feeling to how I feel when I've had a successful day and I know which one I'd rather have and that helps me stay on track. Bouillon gives me the salt I need because I only do bars, porridge and shakes. I don't think there is a limit. I also do the vanilla latte Wendy mentioned. Sparkling water also fills me up. Coke max makes me hungry though.

I don't compare my weight loss to everyone else's because my rate of loss is much slower than some but I know if I'm 100% it can't fail. I only weigh when I feel like it because I got obsessed by weekly weigh ins and was disappointed when I didn't see what I wanted and it made me annoyed. Now I just treat as a lifestyle change and have a piece of clothing that's a bit tight and aim to make it fit and weigh in occasionally. It really feels like pressure has lifted and the temptations to cheat really have reduced.
When tempted I put hand cream on and do my nails, read a trashy book, call a friend, play solitaire on the computer or wii sports. I even started painting. I also sort my wardrobe out as its amazing how much more positive you feel when you wear makeup, jewellry and something other than the scratty baggy jumper and leggings I used to live in. The forum is my biggest saviour. There are quite a few with lots of weight to go and it helps to know how their doing.

Sorry for the epic, I'm struggling a bit this morning. It's either boredom, I'm sad, frustrated, lonely or angry. Once I recognise which one (lonely) then it helps me not clear the cupboards. If its really bad then have an extra shake.

Good luck on your journey, rant away, we are all here! Angel x

Hi poppy, you still with us? Even if you're temporarily off track keep in touch, it really helps when you restart.. Hope you're ok.

Back