Really struggling this week

As the thread title says, this has been by far the hardest week.

Only lost a couple of pounds and have been hungry all the time, stuck to it 100% but have been really grumpy and P1ssed off.

Thats me 7 weeks on Thursday, one week to go in foundation.

Whats the deal with 'Milk' Week? Because I am basically the only guy with my LLC I've only had 1 class

Hi David

Im on week 2, starting week 3 tomorrow... erm I dont know what to say other than every still day has been a struggle for me.... so your not alone... :)

I hope it gets better for you n me :)

Do you find working out you lose more weight?

Most of us in our group have had tough weeks - they pop up here and there and they really are a struggle.

I'm on week 16 and I've had a couple of those weeks, where I was really fed up with the whole thing and hungry. Luckily they passed and I get back to normal.

The thing is, that before we did LL most of us would have had off weeks anyway, weeks where we feel down or grumpy and hungry. But on LL I feel like we notice them more.
We're entitled to have down weeks, we can't be happy and singing all the time.

You will have the odd week of losing less, I've had odd weeks with only 1lb loss, some of my group have had weeks where they lost nothing. Our bodies are funny and don't do things we expect, you'll probably get weeks where you lose loads more than normal too. So it all balances out.

Milk Week is a week that you do every 12(?) weeks. NICE guidlines say that on a VLCD like Lighterlife every 12th week you need to up your calorie intake for the week. LL do this with milk.
A normal LL day is around 500kcal, but on milk week you have milk to make it up to around 1000kcal.
I like semi-skimmed milk so I had to have 400ml of that a day for the week. All of our group still lost weight on this week as it's still a low calorie week.

I'm sure you'll pull through this bad week and next week will be absolutely fine. You're doing so well, keep up the good work!

David you are doing so well. Look at your overall weight loss not at the weekly amounts. I have had weeks where I lost less than I expected but at the end of the day it is better than gaining. you will find you are losing inches aswell as weight so maybe ask LLC to measure you at your next class. Have you written a letter to yourself? I did one and it is the best of all the exercises I've done for the counselling. I have a copy of it in my diary on the diaries bit at the top if you want to see it. remember the reasons why you started this journey in the first place and be glad you are still on it.

Last edited:
hi there
hope you are feeling a bit more positive.

you are doing great, try not to get down - remember if you stick it, the weight will come off -
some weeks lots, other weeks not so much, but it will come off

keep at it!

daisy x

Good post Sandra. Stick with it David. It is SOOOOOOOO worth it.

Thanks for all the replies.

Just in from my weigh in and lost 2lbs. I chatted to my LLC for a bit and mentioned I had been working from with a head cold last week and she asked if I had taken any over the counter remedies which I had been guzzling.

Didnt realise they took you out of ketosis:confused: I do now though.

Onwards to next week and week 8!!

Back in the right frame of mind after waking up with a KILLER headache yesterday morning and I mean KILLER!!

Got a busy weekend planned of gardening, golf, dog walking, swimming and Les Miserables at the Playhouse (Which I keep forgetting about!!)

Thanks for all your help on this post and I hope that once I lose a bit more I'll be able to confidently help someone else in the same position.

D

Good. Glad you are feeling better and in the right frame of mind.
Strangely on a VLCD if you are very active it can have the effect of limiting your weight loss.
You are consuming very low calories. If you use most of them up as energy for your activities or exercise you may not have enough left over to keep your body working effectively. As Pete found early on. It doesn't necessarily correlate on this diet that the more you eat the more you lose.
I'm not saying "don't do it" just be aware.
Have a good week-end. Enjoy Les Mis.

Back