Really struggling , upset tummy

SerenityValley

Surgically happy.
Feel close to jacking it in.

More details when not at work but now have a very upset tummy.

Anyone else suffer from this and how long?

Thanks

I've had to come back home from work. Couldn't stand running to the loo any longer. I'm thirsty but water goes through me in 10 minutes. At least I'm not constipated anymore!

It may well not be the diet but everyone tells me it is (lots of people I work with are dismissive of it, despite seeing my results before). So not very sympathetic.

I've discussed with my wife - I'm going to commit to 1 week at a time. I'll decide on weigh in day each week, if I'm doing another week.

That's the way. The only way I could go through the diet was week to week, any longer was too much of a challenge.

Been a while but I remember a similar issue in about week 2 or 3, but soon passed (excuse the pun).

Stick with it Andy, you know you're worth putting the effort in & the discomfort will fade.

Thanks folks - I'll keep battling on for now.

It's been a hard 3 weeks - horrendous toothache for 2 weeks, meaning that I had to pop a lot of pain pills. I was out of ketosis for most of it (and some of this week - so have been very hungry a lot of the time).

I think all I can manage is a week at a time - though I so need 6 more weeks at least (I've revised my target back to 14st instead of 13st). I used to want to be 11st but a girl at work told me she was 10st. She's shorter than me, and doesn't have more than a bit of a "kite" on her. So I was being silly.

It doesn't help that the only packs I can stomach are the choc shakes, the shep pie and the bars. And the choc bars may have to go - in case this is a reaction to the sweetners.

Gutted that I've gone off the chilli and the porridge! I can stomach the other shakes for a little while longer.

Not managing all my packs because of going off them.

with any luck, by the end of next week I'l have lost 2st in 4 weeks and then can maybe plan to lose another 21lbs or so.

Sorry you are going through this Andy (or it's going through you more like!).
The tummy situation could be due to the painkillers on an almost empty stomach. It's unlikely to be solely a reaction to the packs, I think. I agree with BL.
re: not liking the taste of the packs - remember how it was before?
Try not to think of them as food - they are just a way to get the nutrients and minerals you need. If you really don't like them hold your nose when you swallow the shakes, it removes most of the taste, then flush it down with water.
Hope you feel better soon. Your losses look great to me.

Hi andy, try mixing shakes with ice in smoothie maker I use a kenwood one, it makes them taste mych better.
Painkillers, which ones if they were coated they would kick you out of ketosis! As SB said on a virtual empty stomach is most likely to cause an issue, I use paacetamol but not the caplets as they are coated.
Been to the dentist for your tooth? Uou need to give yourself every help and support you can, your loses are great, if week to week works for you, go for it. I set myself mini goals and am happy when I achieve them whether it is days or losses, its personal to you.
I bought a gorgeous top a couple of weeks aho in a 14, its hanging in view on my wardrobe, when I need motivation, I look at it, every morning I look and say soon!! I will be wearing it.
It is worth the effort, if you are able to handle the rest, putting it into perspective, what do you want out of this?
Hope you feel better soon
Jx

Thanks everyone. I'm back on an even keel and no longer too hungry. I've rearranged my eating patterns and bought the shaker so I can have shakes at work.

I think the tummy was caused by the chocolate bars. I ate them two days in a row first thing in the morning - and I think the sweetners messed with my tummy. So now I only have 2 chocolate ones a day and now it's the last meal of the day too (shake for breakfast, lunch, shep pie for tea, bar for supper).

I feel able to continue week on week for a while. Target is definitely 14st at the moment rather than 13st but will review when I get there.

Lost 5.94lbs this week - well deserved I think!

BTW, it's my birthday today - 1 more year till I'm 40!

YvonneandDad.jpg

TheBrothers.jpg

Happy.jpg

CakeandUnitycandle.jpg

Andy.jpg

Happy Birthday

:birthday:
Thank you for sharing your lovely photos.

Back