Extra Easy Really struggling with the 1/3 Superfree rule

I am struggling with it too as I am a very fussy eater and only like peas and carrots!!
I will end up looking like a pea soon!!!!

I am struggling with it too as I am a very fussy eater and only like peas and carrots!!
I will end up looking like a pea soon!!!!

Sorry to say but peas arent superfree, they are only free.. unless you are eating sugar snap peas in the pod :confused:

Stefanie said:
Davey, like I said in my post forgive me if this isn't the case. I'm here to help as I have done in your earlier threads. Don't defect to weightwatchers! Sw is the way to go! :)

Do u really think SW is the way forward? How long u been doing it an whats your loss?
I feel so down at the moment, struggling to get this weight off! X

Do u really think SW is the way forward? How long u been doing it an whats your loss?
I feel so down at the moment, struggling to get this weight off! X

Honestly I do, you don't need to count points, you just need to have 5-15 syns a day which you can easily use for mayo, fave snacks etc. I have lost 2 stone in 5 months, but I have had my weak moments and eaten out loads, so realistically I could have lost more. But think of it this way in a year, I'll be 4 stone down.

Please don't feel down, how much have you to lose? Also what foods do you like? xx

Thanks Davey, another 2 stone and I'll be happy! :) Ok, 3 stone, take it by the half stone and it will become less daunting. So soon you will be saying, I have 2 stone, 1 stone...target! :) I really do think you should try a green or a red week to get you going if the third superfree is a struggle. Pick what you like more, protein or carbs and try it out. If you want to keep on with EE, sit down and plan your meals for the week and stick to it, that way you aren't tempted to stray. Do you have a food diary, we could look over and give you pointers? xx

Yeah taking each 7lb at a time sounds really good! I will do that!
I will post a good diary tomorrow Hun and then see how I'm doing.
I just want to get bk to my goal and bcos I lost 8.5 stone on WW and I did it for so long, I have the WW stamped through me and it is hard to break the WW habits and get my head around a completely different kind of diet xxx

Wow that is an incredible weight loss, I can see why you just want to get the remaining 3 off and why sw is a bit much to take in with all the info, especially with following ww. Look forward to seeing your diary and Davey you can do it!! :) xx

Hi Davey, everything Stefanie says is true, and she's talking alot of sense. Little goals are a really good idea for a start. I joined with just over 5 stones to lose (again), and I really couldn't cope without breaking it down into 1/2 stones, working towards my 10%, and also aiming for the next stone down etc. I lost 5 stones with ww but didnt like the fact that the more weight you lost, the less you could eat. I can see the reasons for it but it was almost like being punished for doing well! Ans I was hungry a lot of the time.
I think you will be fine on sw...there are too many people on here who want to help and wont let you give up! :giveup:

Keep reading thru the posts and asking questions, check the recipes out, maybe join a 'team' for motivation, and speak to your consultant about your concerns too...he/she should be only too willing to offer advice and support.

Good luck x

I'm a little confused. Does it have to be one third superfree with every meal or can it be one third of your daily intake. For example I've eaten tons of superfree fruit and veg today but then had a bacon and egg sarnie for a late night supper (syned bread and grilled bacon of course). As a token gesture I followed it with more superfree fruit but I don't know if that counts. Any advice?

Ideally, the 1/3 should represent a third of your plate so technically should be part of the meal. Whenever i fancy bacon softie, i just have some cherry tomatoes with it and that makes up the 1/3.

I'm a little confused. Does it have to be one third superfree with every meal or can it be one third of your daily intake. For example I've eaten tons of superfree fruit and veg today but then had a bacon and egg sarnie for a late night supper (syned bread and grilled bacon of course). As a token gesture I followed it with more superfree fruit but I don't know if that counts. Any advice?

Ideally, the 1/3 should represent a third of your plate so technically should be part of the meal. Whenever i fancy bacon softie, i just have some cherry tomatoes with it and that makes up the 1/3.

Can anyone give me feedback on what I ate yesterday and how bad it was with the one third superfree rule?:
HEA milk
HEB weetabix*
4 egg and quark cake
Punet of Strawberries*
3 pears
Grapes
1 banana
1 choc digestive 4SYNS
Sarnie 2 slices nimble 5SYNS
Bacon and egg
Sauce 0.5SYNS
Blackberries and yogurt
Leek and potato soup
TOTAL 9.5 SYNS

Can you split it up into meals and snacks - it makes it easier to see where you had your superfree foods. But it looks at first glance like you have a lot of snacking going on and not many proper meals.

One point of the superfree is that, by being 1/3 of the plateful, it helps with portion control for the rest of the meal. So, if you keep to your superfree with your day's total, but not meal by meal, you're not giving yourself the same advantage that you would be by making sure you had only a normal sized portion in total, and 1/3 of it was superfree. It doesn't mean you didn't stick to plan, but it wouldn't have been the absolute optimised plan.

For us to be able to help you as much as possible, if you list your day's food showing when you had it, and what you had together, we can see how well your 1/3 superfree was spread out.

Obviously it would be easier if you liked veg, and could put that on a plate with a main meal! But if you don't, then at least if you try to eat a portion controlled meal, and have some fruit with it, you'll be following the 1/3 superfree as well as you can.

One point of the superfree is that, by being 1/3 of the plateful, it helps with portion control for the rest of the meal. So, if you keep to your superfree with your day's total, but not meal by meal, you're not giving yourself the same advantage that you would be by making sure you had only a normal sized portion in total, and 1/3 of it was superfree. It doesn't mean you didn't stick to plan, but it wouldn't have been the absolute optimised plan.

For us to be able to help you as much as possible, if you list your day's food showing when you had it, and what you had together, we can see how well your 1/3 superfree was spread out.

Obviously it would be easier if you liked veg, and could put that on a plate with a main meal! But if you don't, then at least if you try to eat a portion controlled meal, and have some fruit with it, you'll be following the 1/3 superfree as well as you can.

How does this look?
FRIDAY 5k run 15 mins x-trainer
HEA milk
HEB weetabix
Punet of Strawberries*
Lunch:
leek and potato soup
2 jacket spuds topped with toms, courgette, onion, mushroom and peas
2 vodkas (35 mls and 50mls) 8.5 SYNS
Supper:
Leek and potato soup
Bacon, egg, half tin Toms, 2 slices bread 5SYNS