Really up for it newbie!

wonkyfatty

Hello all,

I started CD yesterday on SS and have survived two days (I'll be going to bed soon!). I have had 3 CD today and yesterday had 3 1/2 (couldn't finish my choc-mint 'hot chocolate' last night) CD as my CD lady told me I should have at least 3 but could have 4 in the first couple of days until I go into ketosis and as I was on my period (and don't feel great at the best of times at this time of the month :mad::cry:). Feeling really good and want to stick to SS 100%..NO CHEATING, so was glad to find this group.

My hubby is doing it with me which I think will make a massive difference and my sister has just lost 3 stone in as many months on CD so I have a good support network, but could always do with more friends, so here I am!!

I have a couple of questions I hope you can help me with:-

• I am v. worried about the bad breath thing. I know drinking more will help, I drank 2ltrs a day before CD so will try to up that to at least 3 ltrs now, but any other advice. I am a total gum addict (helps me focus and makes me less paranoid about bad breath in meetings etc.) and have had to go cold turkey :)eek:), so am looking for good ideas for alternatives please.
  • I love all the tickers and extra fancy bits on everyone's profiles, how do I get them?
I am trying to be really positive about doing SS 100% even though I know it will be really hard for a couple of weeks, so any motivational tips or stories would really be appreciated to keep my glass half full!!!

Much love and spicy tomato soups

Katie
xx

just a very quick reply - once I'm home and out of this snow I'll reply properly, but i just wanted to say 'welcome' :) and all the very best with your CDing.. I'll get back to you when I get home

Love x

Vx

good luck girl! go for it. i don't get the bad breath and don't have a ticker so can't help there.. sorry. but good luck.

• I am v. worried about the bad breath thing. I know drinking more will help, I drank 2ltrs a day before CD so will try to up that to at least 3 ltrs now, but any other advice. I am a total gum addict (helps me focus and makes me less paranoid about bad breath in meetings etc.) and have had to go cold turkey :)eek:), so am looking for good ideas for alternatives please.

• I never had bad breath with CD, but some people suggest brushing teeth more often, and frequently sipping water. I might be wrong, but surely some people experience bad breath cause they always did, but didn't realise it cause if you're frequently nibbling on a morsel of food, then you notice what you last ate.. that's how it worked for me, anyway.. teeth brushing helps me with finding CD easier as well.. don't know why.. I drink quite a bit of mint tea as well..

[*]I love all the tickers and extra fancy bits on everyone's profiles, how do I get them?
I am trying to be really positive about doing SS 100% even though I know it will be really hard for a couple of weeks, so any motivational tips or stories would really be appreciated to keep my glass half full!!!

Much love and spicy tomato soups

Katie
xx

so you're going to love spending time on this site, cause there's loads of motivational bits and piece.. my favourite is

Bring your Head Inside and your Body will Follow - MiniMins.com - Weight Loss Support Forum

but there's inspiration dotted all over the place..

I got my last ticker by clicking on someone elses and it took me to the website, but if you put 'ticker' in the google search box, top right of the minimins screen, and change the setting to www.minimins.com before search, then you're bound to get a range of threads where they discuss them.

all the very best with CDing - sounds like you have the right mental attitude to do this properly! congratulations! ..and keep us 'posted'

Vx

forgot to mention - you get more access on this site, the more you post, so get posting! :) ..doing some of the silly word association games helps up your post rating.. so if there's something you don't have access to, it might be cause your post rating isn't up enough yet - hope that helps Vx x

Hi Enough and Leeds123,

Thanks so much for the pointers and positive words. Will keep posting and will try and va va voom my signature a little bit too.

Here's to being slim!!

Thanks

Katie

Hi welcome to CD and this site.
As long as you chew suger free gum it's fine, i chew it all the time and it made know differance to my weight loss last year and i will chew away this time too.

My CDC said the only thing it may affect is it can make you fell hungry if you chew to much for to long, so give it a chew for a few mins and then spit it out when the flavors gone. it will put your mind at rest but won't hurt the diet, xxx

Back