Really want to get my head in the right place to lose weight

gemmybean

Hello,
I think i have restarted this plan so many times its getting ridiculous. I get so annoyed with myself because i know that it works amazingly as i seen many other people succeed, and i myself actually managed to loose weight on it before. I just can't seem to get my head into the right place. :sigh: last time i wanted to loose weight for when i went on holiday to america, but that didn't happen, and whilst i had an amazing time there, it would have been even better if i had been smaller.
We are thinking of going back this year (with any luck) and i really want to do it this time, so i thought i would come back here, as i am also intending on doing the plan from home.
I don't think i'm that over-weight, i would like to loose about 2 stone - but it would be fantastic if i could have a buddy to keep me in line. :rolleyes:

Hi there,

I too have done the plan loads but this time I'm nearly at target and very much looking forward to learning how to maintain.

Any reason why you won't be attending a class?

X

Hi, I know exactly how you feel because I am in the exact same situation as in finding it difficult to get my mind into the right place. I have done SW a number of times and lost a couple of stone but managed to put it all back on again. I have recently been made redundant and before that lost my grandmother so things haven't been great. I think I'm definitely an emotional eater so need to try to stop myself reaching for the comfort food when I feel low.
My journey starts again tomorrow and I'm hoping by logging back on here it will help me to get motivated again and hopefully stay that way.
Good luck on your journey and I hope you manage to get your focus back ready for your next trip to America :)

Hi there,

I too have done the plan loads but this time I'm nearly at target and very much looking forward to learning how to maintain.

Any reason why you won't be attending a class?

X

well - to be honest i hate public speaking and find that my anxiety levels probablay outweigh (pardon the pun) any benefits that i would get from going to class. I did try two different ones, and didn't really find them very helpful, so i think i'm probablay better off saving the cash and using this forum :D

Hi, I know exactly how you feel because I am in the exact same situation as in finding it difficult to get my mind into the right place. I have done SW a number of times and lost a couple of stone but managed to put it all back on again. I have recently been made redundant and before that lost my grandmother so things haven't been great. I think I'm definitely an emotional eater so need to try to stop myself reaching for the comfort food when I feel low.
My journey starts again tomorrow and I'm hoping by logging back on here it will help me to get motivated again and hopefully stay that way.
Good luck on your journey and I hope you manage to get your focus back ready for your next trip to America :)

awww i'm sorry to hear that you are having a bad time, i usually find that for me its the opposite and i stop eating when i get stressed, then as soon as things are kinda back to normal again, i start eating, and i think i probablay eat extra to make up for the time that i didn't eat - mine is defo a bordum thing, i just need to find a way of keeping myself occupied whilst waiting for the cravings to pass.

well - to be honest i hate public speaking and find that my anxiety levels probablay outweigh (pardon the pun) any benefits that i would get from going to class. I did try two different ones, and didn't really find them very helpful, so i think i'm probablay better off saving the cash and using this forum :D

i've just noticed that you are at target - congratulations that must feel amazing, i can't wait until i;m in the same position - although right now that just seems like a dream lol

i've just noticed that you are at target - congratulations that must feel amazing, i can't wait until i;m in the same position - although right now that just seems like a dream lol

I'm nearly at target yes - by half a pound but its hard to lose this close now. It does feel good though! It seemed like a dream to me but I kept going and here I am. I still eat the same portion sizes though so one day I'd like to just decrease to ensure I do maintain.

How are you feeling today?

Bit late but yeah I'm feeling good, defo like feeling a little more in control. Though to be honest I don't think it was ever that bad, probably more of a case of ahhh ill start tomorrow. Myself and dh finish work quite late so I am finding it difficult to try and cook l, especially on shopping day. Might need to find some more sw friendly slow cooker recipes to help me out a little.
Wow how does it feel being so close to target?? Have you got anything special planned for when you reach it? Have you found it quite easy or difficult?? Sorry for all the questions but I think I need all the help that I can get lol

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I reached target in may last year but due to moving house I just stopped doing SW and 10lbs slowly crept on, thtas why I know that SW is for life for me or I face the alrenative - Gain weight!
I'm only short so every half stone really shows up on me.

Not really doing anything as secretly I know I still want to lose a few more lbs, or at least concentrate on toning up!

Biggest tip I can give is never right off a whole week after going off plan, just get straight back on, also mix things up! Try Success Express etc, oh and finally - This site! Couldn't of done it without it. Have you read the misconceptions put right sticky? Most helpful!!! ;-)

I reached target in may last year but due to moving house I just stopped doing SW and 10lbs slowly crept on, thtas why I know that SW is for life for me or I face the alrenative - Gain weight!
I'm only short so every half stone really shows up on me.

Not really doing anything as secretly I know I still want to lose a few more lbs, or at least concentrate on toning up!

Biggest tip I can give is never right off a whole week after going off plan, just get straight back on, also mix things up! Try Success Express etc, oh and finally - This site! Couldn't of done it without it. Have you read the misconceptions put right sticky? Most helpful!!! ;-)

I'm a shorty as well so I totally understand where you are coming from!!!! I'm sure you will succeed you sound really motivated well done you.
Your tip Is very useful, I really need to try and keep it in mind as I'm terrible for doing that, one choco bar or takeaway and I'm like right that's it ill start again next week lol. I will read the sticky you pointed out when I get a chance thanks

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I think you should try one more time. Make the pact with yourself that you don't have to stay for the Image Therapy part (although if you had a quiet word with your leader I am sure that they would take note and wouldn't single you out if you'd prefer not to be) and just go for the weigh-in instead. Some people find weighing in at home fine but you're obviously really struggling and if something is not working you have to change your approach. Why not sign up to a class for six weeks and have the discipline of a weekly WI to get you back on track?

Back