Reasons for weight loss

My reasons are:

To be able to wear an amazing dress in a size 12 for my graduation instead of a 24

To be able to go into any shop and buy anything without having to go to the "fat section" at the back of the shop

To be healthy

To not b the fat one when I go on a night out with my friends and to wear anything other than black

To feel good about how I look

To be slimmer than my fiances ex wife (i no its sad but its true)

To meet up with people who I used to go to school with and show the people who bullied me how amazing I look :)

I think trays about it hehe

Some of the reasons I lost weight:

1:Health. My Mum died of heart disease at 69:cry:(she wasn`t massive and did use to smoke but i`m sure diet/weight had some bearing on how early she went and I also have other family members with heart disease).
2:I wanted to blend in. I once had some moron pass me in the street and cough as he said "fat cow". Of course I then felt obliged to also cough and say "ugly c*nt", not very lady like:eek:, hee!:p
3:Didn`t want to be the only fat one, amongst my family. Let me say, no family members have ever commented on my weight. They would consider it my choice but I felt selfconscious.
4:To be able to go into any store and just grab something quick(I find shopping boring).
5:Smaller boobies and being able to wear nice bras(mission accomplised), now a 32C, from a squeezed in 44DD)!:)
6:Saving money. Junk food is dear, especially when you eat loads!
7:Being able to run for the bus(I would often get out of work late and just miss it).
8:To avoid having a panic attack over whether my uniform would still fit me, when I came back from holiday. Also, to avoid being the person with the second largest uniform. When we would get new uniform they would display paperwork with our names and sizes when it arrived. Really embarrassing but I would feel too selfconcious about my weight to make a fuss and ask them not to do this.
9:So the NHS couldn`t use my weight to deny me treatment, if I became ill(I am getting older and this would become more likely).

Although there are other reasons, those are the main ones. All, i`m glad to say, now accomplised).:D

Last edited:
I became single last year, and wanted to change my life and myself - to get back to the happier, slimmer person I was before... and to feel that I could potentially be attractive to new people, and have confidence in how I look. I can carry a couple of stone extra quite well, after that it does not suit me - some people look fab bigger, I'm not one of them!

I have been meaning to write in here for about a week now, and this week although i have lost weight, i feel due to some stressful situations has been awful and i think this could refocus me!

So my reasons for losing weight are:

1. I want to be able to go shopping and not have to hunt to the back for the size 18/20's
  2. I want to feel confident in myself
  3. I want to feel sexy and attractive
  4. I want to be a yummy mummy!
  5. I want to feel healthy, not puffed out when i walk up stairs and i want to be able to cope with 12 hour shifts on my feet!
  6. I want to be able to wear high heels again (My feet hurt and i am sure its because of the extra weight!)
  7. I want anyone who knows me as the fatty i am to get a shock when they see me thin!
there are probably loads more reasons but those are what come to mind for me right now.

Best of luck to everyone trying to reach their goals :D

Last edited:
well done everyone on your weight losses far! I've been reading through the posts and your all an inspiration. It's proving good for me to post on here whenever I feel like I'm falling off the wagon, it reminds us all of why were doing this hard (HARD!) work! :)

Reasons for wanting shed the flab:
1.To be Healthy again before I had 6 babies (not all at once lol-over 16 years)!!!!
2.To have a toned figure.
3.To be able to wear regular jeans instead of bloody stretch jeans.
4. As much as it's cute but I would my 5 year daughter to stop calling my tummy Jelly Belly.

I DO NOT want to lose my fun bags, I would like them to stay the same just tone up the rest.

My appearance - I want look better, not feel self conscious about my size and not have to struggle in finding things to wear. I know I will also look better
My health - I've got high blood pressure and I need to get fitter.
Excess baggage - it's so tiring carrying so much extra weight. I can run for about 30 seconds then I'm knackered.
Finally I would like to feel like I have control over my weight and eating habits.

I want to lose weight because i'm sick of feeling frumpy all the time, i don't be to be the "big bubbly girl" any more, i want to buy nicer clothes, and, although my partner says he loves me no matter how I look, i would rather look in the mirror and like what i see and know HE finds it dead sexy too :)
Feeling healthier is something im looking forward to as well, being able to run up the stairs and not be panting at the end of it! Also, being able to look at photos on Facebook and NOT have to untag them because of the clearly visible spare tyre (or 3!!)

I agree, I'm always un-tagging my facebook pics :(

i am doing this because i want to stop feeling depressed. Feeling big and frumpy all the time is getting me down far too much. I too wish to see the person my husband sees. He tells me all the time he finds me sexy, but i just dont see it or feel it, so hoping to lose this extra weight and maybe be able to pick my spirits up

My reasons for losing weight (again!!):

1) To not feel controlled by food.
2) To enjoy nice food without the guilty feelings and worries about my health and lack of ability to control myself.
3) Because I KNOW I am happier when I'm slimmer.
4) Sick of being the fat/dieting one. All my friends are slimmer than me.
5) Want to get back into skinny jeans, not just squash into small trousers deluding myself I'm a size 12 really. Wear nice clothes.
6) Wanting to steer clear of more anti-depressants.
7) To give me something to focus on and to give me more confidence than just keep obsessing over the usual stuff I obsess over.
8) To feel attractive. To make my boyfriend feel that he could actually lose me and maybe make him re-think how he flirts with beautiful woman all the time (childish yes but honest). For other men to find me sexy.
9) To not to have wasted all the time and money I spent losing 4 stone in 2006 (haven't put it ALL back on yet!!).
10) To actually like any photos of me.
11) To not worry what people think of my size all the time.
12) To prove that I have not just put it all back on again and that I was only temporarily hot. To try and prove those "I told you so" people wrong (although have to make sure I then keep it off obviously).
13) To be able to feel confident enough to do exercise.

Oh a million squillion reasons. But little motivation haha!!! Clare xx

I know my reasons should probably be all lofty like wanting to play with my kids and get to see my grandchildren but sadly, I'm feeling a little more realistic than that - I'm going to a very good friend's wedding in Manchester in September and I know a lot of my old uni friends (plus a couple of exes) will be there.......I need to rock this!! So there you have it :D

Awwww CrazyKat I love your answer - we've all been there!! I would hate to see my ex and be over my ideal weight - especially as I put on two stone whilst with him !! - so to look and feel good about yourself helps!!

I am losing weight also for my friends wedding - though its next year and I'm doing it very gradually like last time, which works for me :)

Also I play netball twice a week and found that we want to start swapping positions which means I need to run more in various positions so this is helping me achieve that too :)

Good luck everyone xx :)

Blondie.... Netball is awesome.... I've never lost weight like I did when I was playing netball twice a week! It just fell off me!

Unfortunately I had to stop playing as I couldn't commit to the team due to work :-(

Good luck with your weight loss.

xxx

That's the trouble playing league Netball is you have to commit to it but it's so worth it & we get fit together, make new friends & have nights out for a laugh!! It's great ?

When you get more time you should def go back to it - helps with the weight loss as it's such a fast game...!! Good luck to you too hun xxx :)

Well done everyone, keep it going :)

The reasons I want to shed the pounds:
1. Want to be able to go on an aeroplane without having to ask for an extension.
2. Not always have to worry about where I can and can't sit down for fear of breaking furniture.
3. Want to move away from "fat shops" and buy clothes in normal shops.
4. Want to be able to walk around like normal people without huffing and puffing.
5. There are so many activities on holidays I can't take part in and that is another thing I want to change.

I love this thread <3

Has motivated me since yesterday!

My reasons for weight loss.. (some are very childish but bear with me :$)
- To look and feel amazing, and walk with that confidence that all my friends seem to have.
- To walk past a group of guys with confidence WITHOUT taking the long way around in order to avoid them!
- To see my bullies (cousins) and their faces when I have lost all that weight and can fit into a size 12!
- For my ex to realise what an IDIOT he was for doing what he did to me (this is the childish one) I swear to God, his face when I have lost all that weight will be priceless!
- This is one I have been wanting to do for a long time, to wear skinny jeans WITHOUT a long top to cover my bum and hips.. I always wear long tops, I want to wear normal tops, and not have to worry about anything.
- In the future when I do find my life partner, I want him to be able to pick me up lol
- In graduation I want to be smiling, slim and just glowing actually celebrating my degree not crying because i'm the fat girl with the large gown!
- I want to most of all do this for my mum, she is obese and has alot of health (physical and mental) problems, I want to show her that if I can do it, she can, I want her to be proud of me! I want her to see she can do it too!!
- I want for once, someone to compliment me on my figure, actually someone for once to call me pretty or beautiful and actually mean it. My friends know how insecure I am, so out of sympathy they say to me, ohh you're pretty bla bla, but it's so fake. I know it's pathetic but I want to feel "normal".
I think that's about it lol... long list!

Good luck to those on their weight loss journeys!

My main reasons are to look better, feel better, get my confidence back, increase self esteem.

I also want to buy lots of cool clothes etc...when youre in shape you look good in anything - when youre not you look good in nothing.

to not feel ashamed in my clothes, and to be body confident.

didnt want to undress in front of previous partners, felt too ashamed

Back