Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Reasons?

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by deadredhead, 7 January 2010 Social URL.

1. deadredhead

deadredhead Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st2lb
    Current Weight:
    14st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    weight watchers
    I was just wondering if anyone else wanted to share their reasons for being overweight?It's taken me a long time to come to terms with being an "emotional eater" but now when I look back I can see my mum as a bit of a feeder because she had such a negative attitude to food herself, more that she wanted to eat a lot but didn't so she kind of instilled in me and my sister that it was good to eat.Although it had the opposite effect!I ate too much!:D

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. soccermom

soccermom I AM A WEMITT x

Start Weight:
    19st3lb
    Current Weight:
    18st1.5lb
    Lost(%):
    1st1.5lb(5.76%)
    Diet:
    SW
    I grew up listening to my dad call my mum a fat cow on a daily basis and complaning about what she ate and I now have such an unhealthy relationship with food and turn to it in times of stress.

Five years ago my huby cheated on me with a "friend" of mine and I turned to food, big mistake I now have 8 stone to lose :eek::(

2010 is my year though so I am putting my life plan into action now, first priority to lose the weight..2 stone gone 8 to go :D

4. deadredhead

deadredhead Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st2lb
    Current Weight:
    14st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    weight watchers
    Good for you!Sorry to hear about your bad times but hopefully 2010 will bring better things!I think for me, just having a little moment of clarity about my different reasons for gaining weight and its all related to habit and emotion!time to break that cycle!

5. StripedDaisy

StripedDaisy A sucker for a key change

Diet:
    Slim & Save
    I have various reasons. But I am lucky that I don't turn to food during times of stress. It is partly because of having had 3 children, partly taking lots of steriods over a couple of months for asthma a few years ago, partly because I had an underactive thyroid after my second pregnancy and last summer I put on another stone whilst I was doing my dissertation for my masters as I stopped caring about what went in my mouth when I was under so much pressure. But the main reason is I am just plain greedy and don't notice when I am full so I keep going until the plate is clear. If I like something I will by nature eat it even when I'm not hungry. To be honest, I am still doing that with SW (albeit with healthier food), which is why I think my loss is so slow. However, I am just going to keep going and try to be more responsible about my portion sizes. This week is the first week that I am determined to be strict with myself and make sure I follow EE (sensibly) to the letter (so far so good).......

6. ilovelife

ilovelife Wishing and hoping!

because of medications mood stabliers and als the different types of contreception plus binge eating - heres to 2010!

7. pizzle84

pizzle84 I will do this!!!

Diet:
    SW
    I put my weight on after a serious relationship failed then i met my partner and got pregnant and it just piled on!

8. beckimorton

beckimorton Banned

Start Weight:
    15st1lb
    Current Weight:
    15st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I have no reaon really other then a love of chocolate and not exercising enough!! Self inflicted!!

9. skinny*minx*wannabe

skinny*minx*wannabe Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st3.5lb
    Current Weight:
    12st02lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st03lb
    Lost(%):
    1st1.5lb(8.36%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    i have a love for fast food and since i met my b/f he like to cook, but most of his meal are doing using butter and more fatty ingrediants

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.