Reasons..

Charl_x

What is everyones reasons to loose weight?

I want to be able to walk down the road without people thinking i'm fat!

I want to be able to shop for clothes with no worries!

I want to feel happy with myself

I want to be able to not ever worry about fitting into sits or seatbelts not fastening

There just some of my reasons!

carry on..

My reasons are to look better in my body and face.
To be fitter for work and for my kids.
I have a knee problem so It will help with that.

I have many, not in any order:

To be able to shop in regular high street shops (not 16+ range)
To be healthy and be around for as long as possible for my children
To be able to fit into all the rides at Alton Towers (ashamed to say I couldn't last time I went)
To look in the mirror and feel reasonably happy with what I see
To be able to get undressed in front of my partner...with the lights ON!
To be able to look at photographs of myself and not want to rip them up before anyone else can see them!

All the above plus:

So I can sit in chairs with arms and not be squished!

Walk through planes/coaches face on instead of sideways!

Attract admiring glances instead of pity/disgust!

Not be the fat one in my group of friends!

To wear skinny fit white jeans and also to get a wolf whistle!!!! And thought of another to wear long legged boots and be able to zip them up all my life ive wanted to do that!!!:eek:

What a great thread.

I'd like to wear the clothes I like and not just whatever random rubbish fits.

I want to feel fitter and be able to do more activities with my children.
I want to buy smaller clothes and look great in them.
I want to feel happy and sexy!
I want to be able to hold my head up high and be proud of what i've achieved.
Emma x

God I can associate with everything everyone says!!!

For me I suppose I am here to try to feel better about myself and to regain a hold on life which I seem to have lost.

I gained all this weight in the last year and a half after something horrible happened my family. I found it difficult to cope with everything after that and I guess I became lethargic and uninterested in life and ate to comfort myself and to relieve the stress. I woke up one day and realised that I had gained 4 stone in what seemed to be overnight. In reality it was steadily creeping up on me and I wasnt watching.

So I suppose I am trying to loose weight to be confident, outgoing, a better mother and wife, fun to be around and to take back control of my life.

Oh and to not be fat in all my family photos!!! That too!!!

Wow, what a great thread! So here are some of mine, very raw reasons why I need & want to loose weight:

- I want to get married & have kids (right now I can't even bring myself to look at men, cause am so ashamed of letting myself down this much!)
- I want to wear my stunning orange mini dress at least once more (it's tiny....)
- I want to walk and feel my thigh muscles stretching with every step (yes, I know that I will also need to exercise once I loose at least half of my weight)
- I want to go out most of the evenings/weekends & meet friends & people (I can't bring myself to do that now cause am so self conscious)
- I want to walk my mums dog, in my birth town and really enjoy myself, instead of being holed up in my parents home cause am too ashamed of my body to actually go out
- I want to wear summery clothes when it's searing hot outside, instead of wearing layers to cover myself up....
- and lastly, I want to feel & be healthy, lively & energetic for the rest of my life!!!!

I wanna live!!!!! Not just survive!

Last edited:
really like this thread!

-I wanna lose weight for myself to feel happier
-I don't want to be self-concious anymore
-I want to be able to wear the type of clothes I like and not feel restricted when I go shopping
-I want to be fit and healthy
-I want to get over the feeling that food comforts me so that its not the thing I turn to when I'm feeling down.
-I just want to be happier and not worry about my weight everyday and night!!
:cool:

to feel fitter and be able to play with my kids outside without stopping after 5 min
to make y kids proud im thier mummy
to be able to walk down the road and people staring but not coz im fat coz im fit lol
to look the mirror and be glad with what i see
to wear dresses and skirts in hot weather and not have to cover up
to go shopping in high street shops without having to find the plus size sections
to be able to walk in a shop pick up something and buy it without trying it on
to feel sexy in the bedroom and not frumpy
to meet the man of my dreams, one day i hope

We all want the same things, don't we? I can agree with everyhting you've all said, plus:
I want to be able to enjoy my life again, instead of finding excuses not to go out because I never have anything nice to wear.
I can't wait to be able to shop for clothes anywhere I want! Instead of Evans and plus size shops!
I have a beautiful horse I have only sat on once for one minute because I'm scared I will hurt her back. She was born with me and is five now. I'd love to ride her and enjoy some 'me' time instead of watching someone else have all the fun.
My gorgeous husband loves me whatever size I am, but I'd love for people to envy him his wife, instead of pitying him for being stuck with a fat lump. I'd love to feel sexy for him again.
I don't want my daughter to be teased for having a fat mummy, and to be able to do the parents race at sports day without collapsing after 10 yards!
Think thats enough 'I wants' for now.
Come on everyone, we CAN get what we want! :D

to be able to buy vivienne westwood items. Full Stop!

to not feel awkward on stage when i perform

to be able to wear what i want, not what looks the least disgusting

to feel comfortable with my husband in the bedroom

to improve my health, my knees and ankles suffer now

to not feel like people are staring at me for being fat

to feel less like the fat girl in the room and more like me.

We all want the same things, don't we? I can agree with everyhting you've all said, plus:
I want to be able to enjoy my life again, instead of finding excuses not to go out because I never have anything nice to wear.
I can't wait to be able to shop for clothes anywhere I want! Instead of Evans and plus size shops!
I have a beautiful horse I have only sat on once for one minute because I'm scared I will hurt her back. She was born with me and is five now. I'd love to ride her and enjoy some 'me' time instead of watching someone else have all the fun.
My gorgeous husband loves me whatever size I am, but I'd love for people to envy him his wife, instead of pitying him for being stuck with a fat lump. I'd love to feel sexy for him again.
I don't want my daughter to be teased for having a fat mummy, and to be able to do the parents race at sports day without collapsing after 10 yards!
Think thats enough 'I wants' for now.
Come on everyone, we CAN get what we want! :D

awww this really touched me:D

to....
walk down the road with my gorgeous boyfriend (who loves me for who i am) and not have people wonder why im with him.
to... not have anyone ask me when my baby is due (it's happened more than once)
to...be able to go out with my friends and feel like im hot!
to... have strangers fancy me (i know that ones a bit cheeky but dream a dream)
to one day get married and not look like eton mess (in the meringue see what i did?? eh?)
to not hide the 14/16 label on my clothes when i buy them.
to stop feeling like i have to put myself down on front of other people when they talk about weight.
to go to the beach and be sexy!!
lots of reasons eh?
here's hoping!

Back