reassurance as completely new to SW but not to dieting

jellybellies

I just wanted to say hi to everyone. New to slimming world, started Friday, doing extra easy and both me and hubby keep saying how can you eat so much and lose weight, so a bit worried we're doing it wrong, any advice greatly received I've been struggling to eat any syns at all. I did exante in January and lost 2 stone and relieved to say in the following 5 months I've only gained 4lb back but I just really want a realistic new approach to weight loss that kids included can enjoy. Sorry for rambling anyway!

Hiya, welcome. I've only started on Monday there and have been saying the same thing. Carrying my breakfast and lunch into work and it weighs a tonne, but I lost 4 1/2 lbs since Monday so it really does work. Best of luck with it!

It takes a while to get your head around but as long as the food is on plan it'll work! Especially near the beginning. You may find later on that a few tweaks are necessary but for now enjoy the portions! :)

1/3rd superfree is the trick!! It does work and so well too. If your looking for advice, put a food diary up here and we'll help!!

Trust us it does work!!! Enjoy your food and watch the weight drop,off

Hi welcome along. Everyone is surprised how much you can eat on the SW plan as we associate dieting with eating less. However, if you trust in the plan and follow the rules you won't go wrong. Make sure to eat at least 5 syns a day as restriction of syns has the opposite effect. Good luck :D

It really does work! And I think because you can fill yourself up properly and don't feel too restricted you are much more likely to stick with it.

SW is the best plan i have ever been on not feeling deprived and no sully restrictive eating

As people have already said - trust the plan, it works!

As for Syns, you should have a minimum of 5 a day. They needn't be used on crisps, drink or sweet things but how about some ketchup on your SW chips, some gravy on your Sunday roast, mayo/salad cream on your salad or an extra healthy extra portion eg a bit more bread or cheese for 6 Syns? incorporating Syns into meals is a good way to go and makes your meals nicer. you can have some of these things and still have enough to have a 'treat' item.

The food seems a lot because it's full of fibre, water and nutrients to keep you full - not calories!

I'm with patty, use your syns to make tasty meals and you won't get bored and go off track. I eat twice as much as I did before I started the only difference is the type of food I eat now compared to then. x

thanks for all the welcomes and advice. thats a great loss already lougalx
I think using the syns on mayo for my tuna is a great idea and for gravy too! :) thankyou.
I'm absolutely loving all the fruit and veg so far and been trying lots of new different things i havent eaten before. I had a sneaky weigh in this morning and the scales say i've lost 4lb so far, I couldnt be happier! I have never felt so full and satisfied on a diet is it too early to say i love slimming world yet?

thanks for all the welcomes and advice. thats a great loss already lougalx
I think using the syns on mayo for my tuna is a great idea and for gravy too! :) thankyou.
I'm absolutely loving all the fruit and veg so far and been trying lots of new different things i havent eaten before. I had a sneaky weigh in this morning and the scales say i've lost 4lb so far, I couldnt be happier! I have never felt so full and satisfied on a diet is it too early to say i love slimming world yet?

Nope,join the club and well done on a great loss so far

Back