Reassurance please!

CuddlePaws

Ok i've done great so far, but last night hubby had a look at my food diary and said that I was undereating, according to my BMI, and the fact that I am still breastfeeding my one year old.

Anyway, he told me that I should treat myself at least every so often and have what I WANT,not what I thinkI should have.. thinking about Paul Mkenna's philosophy here maybe?

So last night I ordered what I wanted from the chinese, although I refused prawn crackers and spring rolls.

I had egg fried rice, chinese style pork, 1 butterfly prawn and a starter soup.

I don't know the calorie value but I had only eaten toast for breakfast, a sandwich and a bowl of cheerios earlier in the day so can't really be too bad.

Please tell me I haven't ruined my diet ladies!!! :cry: I think I agree with my husband it is OK to have the occasional meal 'treat' but why do I feel so guilty????????

You feel guilty because that's the mindset we are often in - that food is good and bad, so if you have something 'nice' then you feel bad. Trust in yourself that you are doing this properly, and remember that as you are still feeding little one you do need a few extra calories (but only a few ;) )

Thanks for your reply DQ xx Well I found that I only need an extra 240 cals a day for breastfeeding. I am going to have to try get rid of this good/bad association with food like you say, it's what brings on the guilt and it doesn't need to be that way to succeed!

Wise words from DQ as always! I have had a similar thing with my DH - they are so much more 'grounded' about food. He just can't understand all the guilt that I associate with enjoying 'naughty' food.

CP, you did well with your chinese, although you added some treats in you didn't go mad and thats the key. I think they call it 'moderation'! Sounds good to me. Well done honey, you are doing great!

Love

I totally agree, if you really want something then have it as you will just end up craving things if you don't.
As long as you are strong willed and don't give in to every little temptation then its fine.:)

my bf is able to do this so well! today we went out to pizza hut for lunch and mum made dinner too. He is able to stop when he has had enough, prob why he is quite slim and i am not so, i think when we are together i will just stop eating when he does lol i always want just a lil more.

but sometimes u deserve a treat the key is not to go crazy :)

I try to abide by the 80/20 rule. Be good for 80% of the time, and treat for 20%! I just think that if I have been good all week, a relatively 'good' treat at the weekend isn't going to hurt. We always cook on a Saturday night if we're in. We don't go mad, we try to keep it low fat, but the cals don't get counted whatsoever!! Although I cannot eat out and diet at the same time, so I may be a bit more lax in my choice at a restaurant :eek: lol Last night we made burgers with exceptionally lean mince, and whereas previously we would have cheese, bacon, wedges or chips, last night we just had one large burger, lettuce, onions and a roll each. It was lush too! We also marinated (our own, so easy to control) some chicken last night for dinner today, so we will have tandoori chicken in pitta's or wraps, the worst thing about that is the low fat natural yoghurt and the bread! Still, it's a treat as we don't eat like that during the week.

You need a perk now and again, and even though food shouldn't be used at a crutch, it's usually linked with something else (i.e for me it's cooking and spending time with hubby, or eating out with friends etc).

You've been doing so well Carla, I don't think that meal will do you much harm! Keep at it lady, you're doing fab!! :D:D:D

hey hun!
i did the same last night! but im just gna exercise more today and eat a lil less cals n ill feel fine!
its good to giv ur metabolism a jump n e ways! :)
x

Back