Reassure me?

cornishwed14

Hi All!

I'm an oldie under a new name. Had incredible success first time around. I was successful at maintaining but one baby later and another two years of piss assing around and i'm 3 stone heavier than i'd like.

I get married in just under six months, my dress is due in December and I feel like i'm desperately unhappy and running out of time.

I know it can be done, but have zero self confidence in my ability and every day starts with good intentions and fails miserably. I work 60 hours a week and am in constant access to food, it's a major factor in my ability to stay in control. I have a serious lack of preperation issue (in almost everything!) but am due to go part time again end of Oct. But i cannot wait until then to make a start.

I do intense exercise frequently although have a few injuries that are ongoing atm.

I just need a load of people to tell me how well they are doing and how it can be the same for me again...

x

Hey there,

you already know you can do this, but I can sympathise with the work nightmare that is long hours and constant access to food as I work for a food company myself! But that hasn't stopped me losing 2st since the start of the year from a similar starting weight to you (despite a very slow start and numerous wobbles since I got properly on track) - with a bit of planning and determination you can succeed too. Try making menu plans for the week and sticking to them? Carry loads of fruit for snacking so you're never tempted by what's around you. And get some thinspiration - a photo of yourself from when you felt great? Or pictures of things you'll treat yourself to once you've hit your weight goals? Your wedding dress?

Everything crossed for you getting back on track, plenty of support here to help you xx

Hi and welcome, congratulations on the wedding and the baby. If you have done this before you can do this again, I know I have lost count of how many times I started sw, but this is my second proper time of doing it! If you can take an hour a week to plan your meals, think of what you have on that week and make sure if you haven't got much time you plan something quick and easy. If you have time bulk cook or whenever youcooksonetung that an be frozen cook double the amount. Your freezer still gets full that way. Good luck will look out for you on here

I weigh on Thursday nights at my exercise and nutrition class so will be weighing reguarly and hope that ill find sw related support here.

Have planned my weeks meals etc..and feel ready but always feel initially motivated so don't want to get ahead of myself. Just focusing on the day ahead for now.

Thank you for your support, I know sw is easy and right now thats what I need..I just don't have enough head space for anything else right now! x

Hey Cornish

You can and will do this! You're right to take one day at a time.

Two of my favourite sayings - 'softly softly catchy monkey' and 'how do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time' :D

Good luck
P x

Hi Cornishwed14!
Focus your mind on that great day that's coming up!You have time to do yourself proud, go for it!
Write yourself a weekly menu, stick to it, if necessary spend time & have a cook day then freeze.
Remember you control what you eat! good luck & go for it!
Remember we want to see the new you in your wedding dress...........
Pete

Back