Rebounders like trampolines

Discussion in 'Fitness Health and Exercise' started by Bethany246, 8 June 2007 Social URL.

1. Bethany246

Bethany246 Banned

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Hi
    Does anybody know if the rebounders like the trampolines are hard work and do they tone your bottom half up these are a small one not these big ones you sometimes see

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Gen

Gen Normal

Hey Bethany

I find the best way to find out little bits of info about things like this are to do a google search... Google and just type in trampoline and tone bottom or something like that and see what comes up.... Just in case some people don't see your thread till the morning and if you are anything like me you will be wanting answers asap lol ... maybe you could post your findings on here also??? be interested to see that one!!!

I have no idea but it can't do anyharm I'm sure..... and its good fun!!!!

hope you are feeling good tonight hun

Gen xxx

4. Bethany246

Bethany246 Banned

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Hi Gen
    Not feeling very good I think i got myself worked up but should not have going to have to relax more and take each day at a time

5. Gen

Gen Normal

Good plan... and sure isn't that all we mere mortals can do!!!

Remember relax... give urself a break from thinking about food... it might just fall into place for ya

i'm off to bed now... so nite nite

6. Bethany246

Bethany246 Banned

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Hi Gen
    Had a look and there is different exercises for thights there is a bun and thigh roller but that looks to hard for me and also ankle weights for doing leg raises and it also says swimming skipping and cycling for thighs and the rebounder is not so much for thighs or bottom

7. Bethany246

Bethany246 Banned

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Hi Gen

Good Nite Sleep well

8. foodfairy

foodfairy Silver Member

Start Weight:
    12st2lb
    Current Weight:
    12st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st1lb(0.59%)
    Diet:
    none in particular
    hiya bethany, i have a rebounder and its great for toning legs and bums!!

its alot harder than you'll think too, it takes alot of energy jumping up and down lol - i was knackered after just a few mins to begin with but forced myself to do an extra minuite evry time i used it :p

rebounding is one of the best exercises you can do as its good for fitness, weightloss, the heart and the lymphatic system. plus its cheap too :D

9. Bethany246

Bethany246 Banned

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Oh thanks
    Which sort have you got are they very expensive dont think i could do a lot of minutes on one as i get out of breath easy but i need something to tone bottom and legs but they sound good apart from feeling jiggered

10. westiegirl

westiegirl Gold Member

Start Weight:
    13st1lb
    Current Weight:
    13st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    LighterLife
    I have one too - only bought it last week but I put on some music (timed for 15 minutes) then bounce like a fool.

When I get off I'm sweating like crazy so I know it's good for CV work. Not sure if it tones up though but I'm really enjoying it!

11. foodfairy

foodfairy Silver Member

Start Weight:
    12st2lb
    Current Weight:
    12st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st1lb(0.59%)
    Diet:
    none in particular
    just a cheap one from sainsburys i think it was £ 17.99 so not too bad.

12. wannabeminime

wannabeminime Gold Member

I have been rebounding on and off for about 6 months, and absolutely love it! (Mine was £1 at a car boot sale!:p). I plug in my MP3 player and dance rather than bouncing. Dancing is not such hard work, and you can keep going for much longer. It's also better for the knees! I can go for about an hour at a push! It's great for getting your steps up if you use a pedometer.

13. I will do it this time!

I will do it this time! Full Member

Diet:
    I'm doing it the cambrige way!
    This is interesting! I have had one for years and have never used it!
    I am going to pull it out now and get bouncing, gentle jogging on it is supposed to be very good as well..

14. JulesE

JulesE Full Member

Start Weight:
    21st12lb
    Current Weight:
    21st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Pre-Op...Gastric Banding
    I've been thinking of getting one of these, but they all seem costly.

Found a good site with info about them:

http://www.weightlossresources.co.uk/exercise/reviews/rebounding.htm
    It says:
    What Is Rebounding?

Put simply – bouncing on a mini trampoline. Unlike regular trampolining, the aim isn’t to bounce high or perform gymnastic tricks, but to perform a series of small, controlled movements.

"Just bought myself a mini trampoline... and what a hoot! It's surprisingly good exercise, and I can have a bounce whilst watching the telly. I'm planning to use it most evenings when I come home from work - I usually just collapse in front of the box” – Sarah X
    Benefits of Rebounding

A zero-impact exercise, rebounding provides many benefits for you and your body:
    • Improves circulation
    • Increases the capacity of heart and lungs
    • Lowers cholesterol levels
    • Improves co-ordination and balance
    • Reduces stress and tension
    • Improves muscle tone (particularly legs, thighs, hips, abdomen and arms)
    • Increases energy and vitality
    • Boosts the lymphatic and immune system
    • Fits in with your lifestyle
    • AND IS GREAT FUN!
    Plus, unlike many other aerobic activities, rebounding places no strain on the joints of your body.

Just gotta try & find one cheap enough now!

15. ducatidiva

ducatidiva Silver Member

Diet:
    CD
    Rebounding is great but you neeeeeeeeeed a good sports bra if you are well-endowed lol!

I got mine from Argos a few weeks ago - Reebok one recommended by Weightlossresources (thats such a great site, I'm a member, they have brilliant message boards too!) and it was £24.99 - usual RRP is £49.99

Certainly made my stomach muscles ache, which reminds me I must get back on it....

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.