Recipe – tomato sauce

Hello :)

was wondering if someone could give me a simple tomato sauce recipe I can make to add with pasta/chicken/fish, etc.

I have Googled, but I cannot add onions - the one thing I cannot cope with and have no garlics, just powder:( so was hoping someone could share their own yummy recipe full with speed food and syn free? :):):)

Thanks xx

:eating:

Throw some garlic powder in if that's what you have! I do a lot with passata. For Italian, usually add onions (which you can skip), garlic, italian seasoning, mushrooms etc. It is the texture of onions you don't like? Would you consider adding some onion salt?

You can make a nice Mexican sauce by adding garlic, chili powder, cayenne pepper and a squeeze of lime. I usually throw in some smoked paprika too. You can do this with baby corn and lots of peppers, it's lovely with chicken.

That all sounds so tasty! is it actually called Italian seasoning?

and yes its the texture on onions I really can't deal with! oooo didn't know 'Onion Salt' existed, don't think I've seen that in the shops before in the seasoning isle? i'll have to be on the look out!

ooo that Mexican sauce sounds delicious!:eating:
Defiantly have to note that down! think I just need to experiment in flavors, sauces and seasonings!

Thank you so much :D:D:D

Yes it's actually called Italian seasoning! Tesco do it for sure but I know I've bought other brands of it in the past as well :) Onion salt is really versatile so it's definitely worth having, great to add to a soup or a sauce. If I were you I would pick up some chives as well? I wouldn't really use them in a tomato sauce but they add a bit of flavour to things like omelettes if you're not using onion :)

Can you tell my herb shelf is at the point of overflowing? :oops:

I am picturing your seasonings replace the wall space! lol

I need to start building my herb section to make my cooking more tasty! I've only just started adding "season all" to my homemade chips an it makes the world of difference! so yummy!

I tried the tomato sauce lastnight, think I got ahead of myself - I done canned tomato's, peas, peppers, peas, dash of ketchup (ran out of puree), and basil, ontop of pasta... think all I needed was abit of salt to kick in the flavor!

Good for you! You can get flavoured passatas which make great sauce bases too. Aldi and Tesco both do them, like garlic & herb or chili. I prefer passata to tinned tomatoes to be honest but that's just because I prefer the texture and I can use it in soups too.

Back