Recipe for Fajita Mix, SW Style

DietDeb

I'm a newbie to this so first of all Hello!
Does anybody have a recipe for an authentic fajita mix please?
I'm doing SW and am absolutely loving it!
Thanks very much

Cut your chicken (any meat/fish) into strips & marinate in fresh lime juice, green chili's & chopped fresh coriander.
Chargrill peppers, de-skin & slice
Slice onions
Stir fry the onions until caramalised, heat thru the peppers in the cooked onions & add the chicken mix & cook.....delicious & syn free, hope you enjoy

Sounds yum.

kim63 said:
Cut your chicken (any meat/fish) into strips & marinate in fresh lime juice, green chili's & chopped fresh coriander.
Chargrill peppers, de-skin & slice
Slice onions
Stir fry the onions until caramalised, heat thru the peppers in the cooked onions & add the chicken mix & cook.....delicious & syn free, hope you enjoy

hi kim63,

I'm gonna try ur chicken mix tonight with a couple of taco shells!!! I already know I'm gonna like it!! the coriander, lime & green chilis did it for me!

thanks for the recipe .... hurry up teatime!!

c

Laura_carlburgess said:
How'd this go? It sounds yummy and I am craving Mexican food at the moment :) x

hi Laura,

it was a while ago now but it was very good. I think it was quite hot & v authentic Mexican taste......Hmmm, thanks for reminding me about it, will hav to make again soon! should tempt me away from the naughtier versions I've been having lately with fresh soured cream!! yum :)

c

-coco- said:
hi Laura,

it was a while ago now but it was very good. I think it was quite hot & v authentic Mexican taste......Hmmm, thanks for reminding me about it, will hav to make again soon! should tempt me away from the naughtier versions I've been having lately with fresh soured cream!! yum :)

c

Oooh I like hot :) sounds fab will definitely try this when I do my weekly shop on thurs will get the ingredients and it's going to be my Thursday night meal yum can't wait. Don't think I could opt for a pitta (as a HEB) it just wouldn't be the same I an going to have to syn the wrap but I will enjoy it yum :) x

Laura_carlburgess said:
Oooh I like hot :) sounds fab will definitely try this when I do my weekly shop on thurs will get the ingredients and it's going to be my Thursday night meal yum can't wait. Don't think I could opt for a pitta (as a HEB) it just wouldn't be the same I an going to have to syn the wrap but I will enjoy it yum :) x

yes definitely, I think old el paso wraps are around 7 syns & taco shells around 3.5......
you can always try experimenting with ur own recipes too - I've been having vegetables fajitas and chicken tacos with nice salads to go with it - any excuse for Mexican food!

enjoy!!!

Back