Recipe help please?

Discussion in 'Slimming World Recipes' started by Immis, 8 January 2011 Social URL.

1. Immis

Immis Member

Start Weight:
    14st9lb
    Current Weight:
    10st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st13lb(26.83%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi All, wondered if you could help?
    There is a fave dish of mine i have at a local restaurant which i am thinking of trying to re-create SW style.
    Its basically chicken in a creamy sauce made with wouctershire sauce with mushrooms and onions. Would yogurt work the same to make the creamy sauce or fromage frais? Im rubbish at making sauces with SW so any help would be greatly appreciated! x x
    Thank you in advance x x

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Wishbird007

Wishbird007 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    12st0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world/Low calorie dieting
    Hi
    Sounds nice I can c y u want to make it love, I would try fromage frais like u say or quark both are free on SW! Heat it up in a pan and add some garlic n herbs n maybe if u want it to have more flavour a laughing cow light cheese triangle.
    it's defo difficult trying to copy creamy sauces without cream but I reckon the more herbs n seasoning will make it tasty.
    Hope it turns out nice!
    ;-)
    X

4. elissa_and_neil

elissa_and_neil Full Member

I would also say yogurt/fromage frais would work but remember not to boil it or leave it on the heat. Just pop it on the heat for a couple of minutes to warm through or the yogurt separates and goes a bit grainy.

An alternative would be to use a Healthy Extra for some Philadelphia cream cheese. It melts into a lovely creamy rich sauce, and would probably be much more similar to a restaurant dish if you want more of a treat.

Hope your experimenting works!

5. Immis

Immis Member

Start Weight:
    14st9lb
    Current Weight:
    10st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st13lb(26.83%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Thank you for your help! I will give it a go with my fromage frais I have in x x

6. MrsBabyCakes

MrsBabyCakes Naughty Fridge Picker

Start Weight:
    17st9lb
    Current Weight:
    17st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st3lb(1.21%)
    Diet:
    Low fat, Low Carb, High Protein, SW tweaked
    you can also use light philadelphia as a cream alternative. I use 150-180g for a meal for 4, its low in syns PP and makes a meal very very creamy, good alternative to coconut milk too. Great to make a Korma curry (from scratch) with, instead of cream.

7. soccermom

soccermom I AM A WEMITT x

Start Weight:
    19st3lb
    Current Weight:
    18st1.5lb
    Lost(%):
    1st1.5lb(5.76%)
    Diet:
    SW
    If using nat yoghurt I leave mine out to allow it to get to room temp. I dont know if this makes a difference, but I haven't had a curdle incident yet :D

8. Jennyonaplate

Jennyonaplate Gold Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    I always use reduced fat creme fraiche as i find quark is too think (and rank) and fromage frais has a tendency to split when you cook with it. I find a touch of stock and then a couple of tablespoons of rf creme fraiche, and then whatever other seasoning you want to add, makes an amazing sauce, and the creme fraich is only 1 syn a tablespoon.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.