recipe ideas please?

ckelly747

Hi Everyone,

I'm just wondering if anybody would have any recipes for chicken? I make chicken curry and chicken tomato pasta but its getting a bit boring, I'd be very grateful if anybody has some ideas on how to spice up my dinner.

Thank You

Ciara:)

My kids and husband like this one although I am not entirely sure on the propoints we haven't made it since I have been on weight watchers. I copied it from evernote so you will have to excuse the sizing and spacing in the text. Hugs Crystal xx

Spanish Rice With Chicken And Chorizo
preheat oven to 180c/fan160/gas 4

Ingredients:
2 large chicken breasts
1 large red pepper
56g chorizo
1 large onion
2 cloves garlic
1.5 tsp smoked paprika
1/2 tsp dried chilli flakes
approx 600ml chicken stock
190g paella rice
frozen peas
lemon juice to serve

Method:

Drop the chorizo into a warm nonstick frying pan and heat to release the oils, throw in the chicken and cook until coloured, add the onions and peppers and cook until softened, add the paprika and chilli and cook for 1 minute, add the stock, bring to a simmer, throw in the rice and then transfer to an ovenproof dish/pan and bake for about 20mins -until the liquid is absorbed (add the peas after about 10mins), cover with foil and leave to sit for 5mins, squeeze over the lemon juice and serve.

They also really love chicken and chorizo pasta (passata, chicken, chorizo and whatever vegetables I have available and can get away with hiding lol usually at least peppers, onions, carrots, leeks and spring onions, quite often beansprouts sometimes courgette and mushrooms and adding sweetcorn if I have some spare points served over whatever pasta is in the cupboard, plus whatever spices we throw in paprika or basil are two we have done lately). You don't really need to add the chorizo if you want to save a few Propoints. Works quite well with other meat too we did it with leftover pork the other night.

Chicken and bacon pasta (cooked chicken, cooked bacon, condensed chicken soup, a couple of stock cubes and cheese) open 1 or 2 tins of condensed soup it depends how much pasta you are making, dissolve stock cubes with just enough water to cover them, add stock to the soup then mix everything together top with cheese and enjoy.

We use a lot of chicken here, especially when we have a roast chicken on a sunday and have leftovers to use up but we don't really tend to follow recipes we just dump in whatever we have to use up and hope for the best lol. Hugs Crystal xx

Back