Recipe please?

Wendyuk

I've searched the recipe board for a recipe for sweetcorn chowder and can only find a recipe for EE seafood chowder, does anyone have a recipe for sweetcorn chowder syn free/low syn for a green day please?
TIA
Wendy

was looking at this on sw pages today

284g/10oz cooked leftover or canned sweetcorn
Fry Light, for spraying
2 onions, finely chopped
1-2 red chillies, deseeded and finely chopped
2 celery sticks, finely chopped
3 garlic cloves, crushed
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon ground coriander
284ml / ½ pint skimmed milk
568ml/1 pint chicken stock made with Bovril
227g/8oz potatoes, diced
pinch of paprika
salt and freshly ground black pepper
2 red peppers, grilled, peeled and chopped
2 tablespoons very low fat natural fromage frais
1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives

1. Divide the sweetcorn into 2 equal portions. Puree one portion in a blender or food processor and leave the other portion whole. 2. Spray a large saucepan with Fry Light and set over a low heat. Add the onions, chillies, celery and garlic and cook for about 5 minutes, until softened.
3. Stir in the cumin and coriander, add the pureed sweetcorn and cook for a further 2-3 minutes, stirring continuously.
4. Add the milk and stock and bring to the boil. Add the potatoes and paprika and season to taste with salt and pepper.
5. Reduce the heat to a simmer and cook gently for 15 minutes, then add the remaining sweetcorn kernels and the red pepper and cook for a further 5 minutes, or until the potatoes are tender.
6. Stir the fromage frais gently into the soup and serve hot, garnished with chopped chives.
clear.gif
hope that helps:) Serves: 4
Syns per serving:
1½ Syns on Green, 7½ Syns on Original,
1 Syn on Extra Easy

Yum! That sounds lovely, thanks so much for posting it I love chowder will try this tomorrow as I'm having a green day :)

Wendy

Back