Recipe suggestions for a morning taster session.

Crazyfool

Silver Member
Hi we are doing a taster morning at class this week. We have all been asked to bring something in to share. Our class is at 10 am and we cant reheat anything there. Any suggestions , this has me stumped as I have only really made evening meals so far .

Your ideas very much appreciated !

These are 1 syn each and you could make them the night before .
Ferrero Rocher (at 3½ Syns each) might be delicious but we've come up with a great solution to fix that chocolate craving for less than one third of the Syns! (Which means you can eat lots more without breaking the bank!). Crush 10 Ryvita with a rolling pin, add 4 tablespoons of Nutella that's been warmed for 20 seconds in the microwave. Stir well and spoon into small bun cases and leave in the fridge to set. This should make about 28-30 scrummy treats at 1 Syn each - heaven!

These are 1 syn each and you could make them the night before .
Ferrero Rocher (at 3½ Syns each) might be delicious but we've come up with a great solution to fix that chocolate craving for less than one third of the Syns! (Which means you can eat lots more without breaking the bank!). Crush 10 Ryvita with a rolling pin, add 4 tablespoons of Nutella that's been warmed for 20 seconds in the microwave. Stir well and spoon into small bun cases and leave in the fridge to set. This should make about 28-30 scrummy treats at 1 Syn each - heaven!

Ooh, that sounds yummy and easy - might do that for our party thing on Wed...

Topaz thanks so much , I have both ingredients in teh cupboard so I will definitely try these out. They sound nice in a strange kinda way lol !! x

Hi I have made these before but with weetabix instead of ryvita, they were lovely, took a batch into work and they soon went!
I'm also looking for something to make as we're having a party at our class on Wednesday apparently! I like the idea of the quiche, a lot of people on here say it's good to have in the fridge and snack on!
Have you got the recipe or has anyone got any other ideas?
Thanks x

3 syns per biscuit

Why not try the biscuits which are in the Xmas Book, they are simple and can be made with ordinary flour or gluten free

11 oz Plain flour
4 oz Dark Muscavado Sugar
1tsp Ground Almonds
4 oz low fat cooking spread
2 eggs
2 tbsp runny honey

Mix flour, almonds, sugar and spread in a food processor. Then add 2 eggs for binding, then add the honey slowly just to ensure everything is bound together. You might not need all the honey.

Roll out to 1/4in thick and cut into 2 1/2 in rounds. Bake in oven on electric 170 degrees for about 15 - 20 mins.

Thanks for that Maria one to try too .

Kelly you aren't from my group are you ? in Whitehaven ?

This is the Quiche recipe . I love it we have it all the time :D I use a silicone muffin tin sprayed with frylight to make individual ones .

Quiche

I use 4 eggs , 500g tub of cottage cheese, bacon and mushroom.

Mix the eggs together, but just enough to mix them, don't beat them or anything. Add the cottage cheese to the egg. Fry light the mushrooms and bacon (cut the bacon into bits_ then add to the mixture and pour into a flan/quiche dish. Cook on gas mark 6 for 1/2 hour or until firm to the touch.

I use 4 eggs, 500g tub of cottage cheese, bacon and mushroom.
Mix the eggs together, but just enough to mix them, don't beat them or anything. Add the cottage cheese to the egg. Fry light the mushrooms and bacon (cut the bacon into bits_ then add to the mixture and pour into a flan/quiche dish. Cook on gas mark 6 for 1/2 hour or until firm to the touch.

StaceyUK had a lovely devilled eggs recipe up which was great buffet/finger food.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly85
Hi I have made these before but with weetabix instead of ryvita, they were lovely, took a batch into work and they soon went!

How many weetabix did you use? would really like to try them. How many syns for each one too?

If I remember right it was 4 level tbsp of nutella (16 syns) and 3 weetabix (about 10 syns) which is a total of 25. I make them in the mini cake cases and it makes about 25 so 1 syn each would be about right! Although there is chocolate weetabix now available which i want to try to see if it tastes even nicer with them! That'll add an extra 2 syns I think!

Crazyfool said:
Thanks for that Maria one to try too .

Kelly you aren't from my group are you ? in Whitehaven ?

This is the Quiche recipe . I love it we have it all the time :D I use a silicone muffin tin sprayed with frylight to make individual ones .

Quiche

I use 4 eggs , 500g tub of cottage cheese, bacon and mushroom.

I use 4 eggs, 500g tub of cottage cheese, bacon and mushroom.

Hi, no I'm not from Whitehaven but I think it maybe sw party week! Thanks for the sw quiche recipe I've wanted to try that for ages and really like the idea of little individual ones! x

frugal fifer said:
StaceyUK had a lovely devilled eggs recipe up which was great buffet/finger food.

Hi, I have found the post you have mentioned but can't see a recipe anywhere. Any chance you or anyone else has it handy? I don't even know what devilled eggs are!
Thanks x

12 hard-boiled eggs
2 tbsp very low fat natural yogurt
1 tsp mild curry powder
salt and pepper
3 tomatoes, sliced
2 spring onions, shredded
1 red chilli, sliced finely
coriander, chopped

1. Peel and halve the 12 hard-boiled eggs, scoop out the yolks and place in a bowl.

2. Mash with a fork and mix with the curry powder. Season and spoon the mixture back into the eggs.

3. Push the tops lightly into the coriander and top each with a slice of tomato. Garnish with chilli and spring onion.

found this one elsewhere, but the one I remember had mustard powder in it, but along the same lines.

Back