Recipes for 1

Dietingdon

Silver Member
I'm thinking about doing SW, but remember when I did it before I soon got bored with the same things over and over, and all the recipes served 4, I dont like freezing stuff, and some recipes are hard to divide all the ingredients by 4. Any suggestions?

I'm thinking about doing SW, but remember when I did it before I soon got bored with the same things over and over, and all the recipes served 4, I dont like freezing stuff, and some recipes are hard to divide all the ingredients by 4. Any suggestions?

Oh boy, did I hope there would be lots of replies to this one when I came into the thread. But not one???? :eek: Hmmm. Well just in case someone has got any ideas for recipes for one person I'm up for trying them. I agree with the girl who started this thread about everything being for 4 people in all the recipe books and how difficult it is sometimes to divide the measurements properly to bring it down to one. Come all you great cooks out there, help us!!! :wave_cry:

:eat: lol

You could always freeze the other servings for another day. Will come in handy for busy days.

Like Dietingdon I don't like freezing the other 3 meals. They never taste as good. Plus I've only got a small freezer, just enough room for my normal supplies.
But thanks for your input anyway.

All the best. x

Maybe make 2 servings? Like dinner one might and lunch the following day. I find then just putting it in the fridge and heating it up doesn't lose the taste etc. some things actually taste nicer left overnight i.e curry, chilli etc as the flavour gets absorbed.

Sorry if this is useless its the only thing I found to do x

How about a spaghetti Carbonara?

Pete’s Spaghetti Carbonara (revisited)

Serves 2

Ingredients

1Tsp English mustard
3 Eggs (ff)
4 Slices of smoked bacon, chopped in to strips (ff)
6 “Laughing Cow” extra light cheese spread (1Hea)
8 Sainsbury’s” sweet & spicy” chorizo slices (2syn per person)
200g Spaghetti (ff)
Method
In a dry frying pan cook the bacon until crisp, remove and set aside.
In a pan full of boiling water, cook the spaghetti for 8-10 mins until “Al Dente”, drain and cover.
In the meantime, in a glass bowl, add the eggs, cheese slices, mustard and mix together.
Cook the chorizo sausage, when done add to the egg mix, with the cooked bacon and cooked spaghetti, return to the saucepan and mix well; cook until the eggs have set.

For 1 person, use 2 eggs, 2 bacon, 3 cheese, 4 chorizo & 100g spaghetti.

Spaghetti Carbonara.JPG

Back