Recipes needed please....

poppyowner

Silver Member
Hi all

Have been recently having a good long talk to myself and have decided I need to remain 110% committed to my diet plan to stave off potential diabetes complications.......

This in mind I have decided that even on Birthdays I will not give in to temptation so am now on the hunt for the

BEST EVER SLIMMING WORLD FRIENDLY CAKE

The requirements are that the Whole cake must be no more than 1 B choice AND no more than 18 syns for the lot (I plan to share it 3 ways and out of my allotted 15 syns daily I am only prepared to part with 6 syns for a bit of cake).

Any recipes greatly appreciated especially if linked with favourable reviews from yourselves......

I'd ideally like to find a cake to represent a sponge cake with filling, so it resembles a Birthday cake etc.....

Look forward to your tasty suggestions (and photos if you have any)

Thanks

Jill (I'm on a Mission!)

• 4 eggs, beaten
  • 4oz sweetener
  • 4oz plain flour (or 3oz flour and 1oz cocoa)
  • Pinch salt and tsp baking powder
To make:

Spray round tin with frylight

Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C. whisk the eggs and sweetener until the mixture is has about doubled in size

Sift in the flour and salt and fold in.

Tip the mixture into cake tin and bake for 30-35 minutes.

Fill and top with a low-fat cream cheese icing ( exdtra light philly /quark and sweetener), fresh fruit, or low-sugar jam.
you could use the quark mix from Donnies lemon meringue for a asyn free filling.

greek yogurt whipped up a little makes a lovely syn free sponge filling.

My favourite is to spread some yog on the bottom sponge then cover it generously with loads and loads of fresh berries (mix is nice) and then pop a little more yog on top to 'stick' the top sponge to it.

it goes soggy quickly so isn't good for keeping for any length of time but will still be good the next day.

I dust the top with icing sugar and it looks really pretty and summery.

You could always put a little jam on the sponge first if you feel you need extra flavour, however I don't feel the need.

Delicious! xx

What about this:

Low Syn Chocolate Cake

Ingredients
9 syns for entire cake

6 large eggs separated (Free)
2 oz of Artificial Sweetener (Free)
2 oz of low fat cocoa powder (9 syns)

Instructions
Preheat oven to 180c or 350f

Whisk the egg whites to the soft peak stage and set aside. Then place the egg yolks in another mixing bowl and whisk until they start to thicken, then add the artificial sweetener and continue to whisk until the mixture thickens slightly – but be careful not to get it too thick. Now mix the cocoa powder into the egg yolk mixture, if it gets too thick add a little of the egg white mixture. Next carefully cut and fold the egg whites into the chocolate mixture – gently and thoroughly – then pour the mixture into the prepared tin.
Bake the cake on the centre shelf for 20-25 minutes until springy and puffy. When the cake is cooked, remove it from the oven but leave it in the cake tin to cool it will shrink quite a bit as it cools but don’t worry, that’s normal).

For the filling I would take 1/2 tub of quark (syn free) & mix it with 1 sachet of raspberry & whicte chocolate options (2 syns).

Back