Recipes...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just made the SW ferrero rocher type chocs.

They look and smell fab. can't wait. :gimi::gimi::gimi:

easy red lentil soup!

we had friends round today, and she made me some soup and its lovely and free on EE, also prob free on green if you skip the bacon.

ok

2 onions (or 1 onion and 1 shallot)
2 cups of red split lentils (dried ones, no need to soak, about £1 for 500g from Lidl)
garlic
4 rashers bacon (optional, leave out for free on green)
1 pt of veg stock
1 tin of chopped tomatoes
1 500g packet (i used tetra pack) of passatta
salt, pepper, basil, and essentially - smoked paprika (waitrose)

method:

soften finlely chopped onions/shallots and garlic in fry light, when softened add very lean bacon if using (I cut the rind off and chop it up) add tinned tomatoes and passata, add lentils, and vegestable stock, basil, smoked paprika, salt and pepper to taste and bring to the boil, simmer for 30 mins or until lentils are soft.

will easily serve 6 at quite generous portions, as its free its lovey to add chunky bread and butter as a treat, if you have the syns!

if you add too much paprika by mistake, add half a cup of yoghurt when its off the heat and it will settle the 'kick' down a bit.

smoked paprika is so nice, not tried it until today, and think it would be great sprinkled on chicken or salmon before grilling.

yummy!

Honey-glazed pork chops with spring onion & red pepper mash

Honey-glazed pork chops with spring onion and red pepper mash
Freezer friendly, ready in 30 mins plus marinating time
Serves 4
1 syn on EE
8x198g thick pork steaks, trimmed of any visible fat
4-5 large garlic cloves, peeled and crushed into a paste
10 tbsp dark soy sauce
2 level tbsp clear honey
1 tsp ground cinnamon
½ tsp ground cloves
¼ tsp ground star anaise
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Cooked butternut squash, to serve
For the Mash
908g potatoes, peeled and cut into cubes
6-8 spring onions, finely sliced
4 tbsp finely chopped roasted red pepper
100m hot water or veg stock

1. Place the pork in a single layer in a shallow ceramic dish. Mix together the garlic, soy sauce, honey and ground spices, season well and pour over the pork. Cover and marinate for 4-5 hours or overnight if time permits.
2. Preheat the oven to 190c/Gas 5. Place the pork on a non-stick baking tray and place in the oven and cook for 15-20mins or until cooked to your liking.
3. While the pork is cooking boil the potatoes in a large pan of lightly salted water for 15 mins or until tender. Drain and return to the pan. Mash until smooth and then stir in the spring onions (reserving a few for garnish), red pepper and water or stock. Season well. Serve the glazed pork with the mash and butternut squash and garnish with the reserved spring onions.

this was totally yummy and I would do the mash with anything again for change and gonna try that marinade with chicken too. Totally recomend this recepie from the EE cookbook. Enjoy folks x

Hi all - well here i am laid bare! I really need to drop some serious poundage and am hoping that this forum will help me!!! I hopefully will be able to give some recipe ideas soon?

Julie

app_full_proxy.php
:cry:

While waiting for my parents to meet me in Morrison's today I found a leaflet on how to make Spaghetti Carbonara using Philadelphia, so I decided to adapt the recipe to make it SW friendly, and drastically reduce the amount of Syns it needs (each syn used it less precious alcohol!)

I made it today for lunch, and boy did it taste good!

So, without further ado, here's my recipe:

Vince’s Syn Free Spaghetti Carbonara

Free on extra easy

Serves 4

Ingredients:
400g dried spaghetti
340g lean smoked bacon, all fat removed and cut into small pieces
180g Quark
2 egg yolks
2 stalks flat parsley leaves picked and chopped
200ml vegetable stock

Method:

• Cook the pasta in a large pan of boiling water following the instructions. While cooking, fry the bacon pieces in a large pan with a little fry light.
  • Beat together the egg yolks and Quark in a separate bowl.
  • Drain the cooked pasta. Add the vegetable stock to the pan with the bacon pieces and then add the pasta and mix together.
  • Add the Quark and egg mixture and stir through well to combine everything and the egg is cooked through.
  • Divide between four bowls and garnish with the parsley before serving.
NB: for a little extra treat, add a tablespoon of grated parmesan cheese before eating (add extra syns on all days)

Enjoy!

THE \/ince

Last edited:
Not a recipe as such, but maybe more of a meal idea. It's my first day on SW and I've just had the tastiest meal I've had in quite a while! It was steak with onions and mushrooms fried in Fry Light and then a spoon of Bovril stirred in to create a thick gravyish coating and served with a fried egg and a side salad.

My OH doesn't eat steak so I don't tend to buy it very often, but I had a real craving for it so I got myself a nice lean steak. And oh my god! it was SO delish. I didn't realise "diet" food could be so good! Yay!

Minted Lamb Burgers

Lean lamb mince
Mint jelly ( 2 syns per level tblsp)
Fresh mint
Red onion

Mix it all up, shape, wet hands are best. Dry fry until coloured then pop in a hot oven until cooked through.

Good with HE B pitta bread and homemade tzaiki ( FF natural yogurt, onion cue & sweetener if required)

hummus

was having a play and made this:

tin of chickpeas drained and rinsed
1 close of garlic (maybe two if you like it)
1/2 a chilli (a whole one would work too, not too hot with 1/2)
teaspoon (5g) sesame seeds (or tahini paste if you have it, ? syns for paste) (2 syns for seeds)
table spoon of quark
1 tea spoon olive oil (could use more quark instead) (2 syns)
black pepper
1/4 green pepper
1/4 red pepper

mash up in a blended, adding seasoning to taste.

makes a lot, I had about a 1/6 of it just now.

the whole lot is only 4 syns, so I have counted 1 syn for my portion as I will prob have a bit more later and nibble here and there!

it is yummy, but thought it could use a little more kick, so next time would use a whole chilli, 2 garlic cloves, more black pepper, and maybe less quark and a little more olive oil for a better consistency.

worth a try if you like hummus. :D

I'm just discovering my new-found love for Quorn. I was vegetarian for the most part of my teens, but ended up coverting back to the carnivore way of life because I could never find any nice, tasty meat-free products that actually tasted of meat, they all tasted like cardboard. But my card-love has lead to green days dominating my week and me trying Quorn again. Which I've found has improved so much!

Tonight's dinner was
Quorn Lamb Style Grills, paprika-dusted SW chips / fries and carrots. It was so delish that I had to share! Haha.

P1010030.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back