70 minutes
Ingredients
908g/2lb baby potatoes
2 garlic cloves
a few sprigs rosemary
4 tbsp vegetable stock
coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
fresh rosemary to garnish
1.Preheat the oven to 200ºC/Gas Mark 6. Scrub the potatoes and place in a large ovenproof casserole. Peel the garlic and slice thinly. Push in amongst the potatoes along with sprigs of rosemary.
2. Spoon over the stock, cover with a sheet of foil and place the lid on top. Bake in the oven for about an hour or until tender.
3. Increase the oven temperature to 230ºC/Gas Mark 8. Transfer the potatoes to a non-stick baking tray using a draining spoon. Season with coarse salt and black pepper. Bake for a further 10 minutes until lightly golden. Discard the baked rosemary and replace with fresh rosemary to garnish.

Made this today - yum yum with syn free chips.......:eat:

Garlic Chicken Lasagne

Servings | 2 (Very large servings)
Syns Per Serving | Green – 2 ½*
* Add 6 Syns if not using the Cheddar cheese as a Healthy Extra and a further 6 Syns if not using the chicken as a Healthy Extra

Ingredients
- Fry Light
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2tsp EPC Very Lazy Garlic or 2-4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 227gm (8oz) skinless chicken breasts, cut into small cubes*
- 400gm can chopped tomatoes
- 1tsp dried oregano
- black pepper
- 6 sheets dried no-need-to-pre-cook lasagne Verdi (spinach) sheets
- 38gm sachet Morrisons Instant Cheese Sauce mix (5 Syns)
- 85gm (3oz) reduced fat Cheddar cheese, grated*

Method
1. Pre-heat oven to 190C / 375F / Gas Mark 5.

2. Heat a large pan sprayed with Fry Light and cook the onion and garlic for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until soft.

3. Add the chicken and cook, stirring occasionally, for a further 5 minutes. Add the tomatoes, oregano and seasoning. Heat through.

4. Spoon half the chicken mixture into a shallow ovenproof dish and top with 3 sheets of lasagne. Repeat the layers.

5. Make up the cheese sauce mix with boiling water as per the packet instructions. Add half of the grated cheese to the cheese sauce. Pour the cheese sauce over the top of the lasagne & sprinkle with the remaining cheese.

6. Transfer the lasagne dish to the oven and bake for 30-40 minutes until the topping is golden brown, bubbling and cooked through.

I make this too except add a layer of roasted veg - it's so nice!

Mummy, ive learnt that theres 2 options to search (i think)

1/ whilst looking on a post like this one (recipes), just above where the first post starts theres a thread search, just type in scan bran there. There is an advance tab to add more data if required.
2/ The other option is to use the search tab at the top of the page in blue, but you have to make sure youve highlighted slimming world forum, and sometimes it helps if you click on the advanced tab and ask to find title only.

hope this helps.

I've only just found the first way to search:26:I use the second one all the time. So it really is true then you do learn something new each day:8855:

Does anyonehave the recipe for SW tomato ketchup which was in a recent SW magazine. I tore it out and promptly lost it.

Thankyou

M

Does anyonehave the recipe for SW tomato ketchup which was in a recent SW magazine. I tore it out and promptly lost it.

Thankyou

M

1 onion
2 garlic cloves
2x 400g chopped toms
2 tsp cinnamon
2 tsp celery salt
2tsp english mustard
2tsp ground white pepper
4 tbsp sweetener
9fl oz/255ml red wine vinegar
1 tbsp worcestershire sauce

Finally chop onion and crush garlic. Place ingrediants into a saucepan and bring to the boil. Reduce heat and cook gently for 40-45mins, stirring occasionally

Remove from heat, season with salt and allow to cool. Blend the mixture in a food processor until smooth and seive into a bowl

Transfer into sterile bottle, keeps for upto 3 weeks in the fridge

Sausage and bean casserole - delicious - and free on EE.

Morrisons sausages - halved
onion
bacon
2 tins baked beans
1 tin chopped tomatoes
1 tbsp worcestershire sauce
2 tbsp Canderel

Fry off first 3 ingredients and then add others, cook on hob for 20 minutes (or in oven for 45). So simple, but so yummy!!!! Serve with jackets (or any sorts of free potatoes). Kids loved it too!

morning all,
I have just been sorting thro' my ancient sw recipe books and came across these little gems! Don't know if there is anything similar about, if so ignore these!

mock mayo.
4 eggs
half pint vinegar
dry mustard
3 tbsp milk
seasoning
sugar
Beat eggs and add milk and vinegar. Season well. Add a pinch of mustard and sugar. Put bowl over pan of simmering water and cook gently, stirring often, until thick and creamy. Cool, put into bottle or jar and store in fridge.

Syn-free white sauce on green day
6oz onions, chopped
2oz rice
1pint stock made with vecon
Place all ingrediants in a pan, bring to the boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer for 25-30mins or til rice is tender.
Pour into a blender/food processor and puree until smooth. Add more water for a thinner sauce.

Thanks rosie, i hate quark so white sauce is always something i have to skip on but this could be a godsend might try putting it in lasagne

Gen x

Try this, its lovely. Swap the oil for fry light and you will need to syn the stock which isn't much.

ingredients

2 tablespoons sunflower oil
900 ml (1 and a half pints ) of chicken stock add more if required
1 onion finely chopped
1 cooked chicken breast chopped
4 garlic cloves, chopped
3 tablespoons of chopped fresh coriander
100 g (4 oz ) Basmati rice
salt and black pepper
4 carrots, sliced thinly
6 large mushrooms

1) heat the oil in a pan and fry the onions and mushrooms until softened

2) add the garlic and fry for 1 minute

3) add the rice, carrots, and stock, season to taste and bring to the boil

4) cover and simmer for 10 minutes stir in the cooked chicken and coriander and heat through serve hot

Spaghetti Carbonara

Serves 4
1 syn on original (add 6 if not using Spaghetti as HE)
3 syns on green

Ingredients
4 rashers of trimmed bacon
3 eggs
salt and fresh ground black pepper
3 tbsp low fat fromage frais
2 level tbsp grated parmesan
small bunch of chives
14oz cooked wholemeal spaghetti

1) Roughly chop bacon and dry fry in non stick pan for 2-3 mins. Set aside.
2) Lightly beat the eggs, season to taste and add fromage frais and 1 tbsp of parmesan. Chop chives and add to mixture, reserving some for garnish.
3) Add spaghetti and egg mixture to the bacon and stir gently over a low heat until egg starts to set.
4) Serve sprinkled with the remaining parmesan and chives.

This is one of my favourite quick meals and it tastes lovely....yummeh!!

Following on from the AMAZING revelation that cous cous can be used as a 'crust' for croquettes (and 101 other things!), I have devised a FABULOUS new recipe. Well, I think it is, anyway, and it's deffo in my 'top 5' "Are you SURE you're on a diet?" list! lol

SW QUICHE:
Now excited about couscous, I had a good think, and came up with this really substantial SW Quiche.

Soak your COUSCOUS in water. I added a little VECON to the water. You could use Bovril, or maybe use Ainsleys' couscous. Once 'cooked' tip into a flan dish (or, in this house, the lid of a pyrex dish sprayed with FRYLIGHT! lol). Use a fork or spoon to smoosh your couscous neat and flat, and bring it up the sides to form an edge/crust. Bung in the oven until just golden. Then add whatever variation of SW quiche mixture you like, but I used one pack of QUORN FAJITA STRIPS, with a mixture of SMOOTH COTTAGE CHEESE, QUARK, and three EGGS. Bake for about 15 mins, or until firm, and your 'crust' has gone brown and crispy, and voila, a REALLY 'realistic' quiche! Just like a proper pastry one! This is nice warm, but 100x nicer once cooled.

The more I think of it, it's more like a pie than a quiche.

Hope you like. :)

Jo
x

Ok Jo, I'm making one of these, as we speak it is in the oven...lol.
I have used half tub of quark (had no cottage cheese left) cheese, bacon, red peppers and mushrooms. I used Ainsleys cous cous, the Mediterranean one. If works out as well as it's sounding I shall be making another one to take to our tasting session next week....fingers crossed.

I'll let you know how I got on and how well it gets received next week :)

what did you think, Ninja?

what did you think, Ninja?

It was lovely Mojo, if you check out my food diary you'll see I've had it twice now either on it's own or as a meal with a j/p and some baked beans.
I took it to tasting session last week and everyone was really surprised by it and said it was a very clever idea. I've told them about this website and the recipe folder...lol. I also made the quick chicken and sweetcorn soup which went down very well.
Someone else made a strawberry trifle which was gorgeous, I'm going to have to make that soon. I'll let you know how I get on and maybe post some pics.

hi i kind of addapted the samosa recipe which i found on here somewhere to make spring rolls i put mince was going to use prawns but wanted to freeze them and wasnt sure i could ,with a stirfry pack from asda some ginger, chilli, soy sauce and garlic, fried them all together and put the filling into filo pastry the big sheets cut across then lenghtwise into 6 strips does 6 rolls per sheet and are 4.5 syns for all 6,the syn value is for the pasty sheet as all other ingredients is free on a red day roll them up and put in freezer makes them easier to handle and then spray with frylight and bake utill golden very nice im taking them to my daughters when we have a dvd night

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back