Recipes

Maka

A New Woman
I used to make muffins on AAW8 with my choc shake.

I've just tried it with my S&S shake and it turned into something gooey, mousse-like which was edible but hardly the muffin I craved.
I've had success with turning the porridge into cinnamon cookies though.

Has anyone ever tried this successfully?

Kikikikikikikikiki....hardly a cookie really hun.

I mix the porridge pack with enough water to allow me to mould into a ball which I squash flat onto a side plate that's spinkled with cinnamon. I sprinkle some mor ecinnamon on top of my "dough" and microwave for about 1 minute. Then I place into the fridge to allow it to cool down and harden a bit.....YUMMY with coffee ;)

Thanks Maka!

Will give that ago, anything different to a shake is worth a go. Will have to see if I can find the recipes I had a few years back from when I was weightlifting, things to do with the shake, some of the ideas were really nice, now where are they.??

There's a link to a mousse in the Slim and Save sticky:

http://www.minimins.com/slim-save/243353-slim-save-frequently-asked-questions.html

I've tried it and it's ok as a change from a drink. There are lots of threads about making the mealpacks into different things on the various VLCD boards. They do suggest that you only mess with 1 pack per day though as this can affect the nutrients. I've never tried doing anything more elaborate than the mousse personally but if you had experience of my cooking prowess you'd understand why :). Some people have been known to make the flavoured water into a jelly and then add the mousse to make a sort of trifle so a blow out dessert :). You could probably find the thread if you search for trifle.

Back