Recipes

toller-girl

constantly confused
WEEK ONE

SALAD SUGGESTION
Mixed lettuce leaves, savoy cabbage, red cabbage, spinach, basil, celery, chives, parsley all topped with cottage cheese....... bloomin' lovely and crunchy too!​

(Deb G)

muffins - variety
Muffins made the usual way, adding herbs and spices.
eg ginger, cinnamon
(Alibongo)

Chinese style chicken/turkey
This is dead simple but tastes sooo lovely!

chicken breast / turkey steak
chinese 5 spice
dark soy sauce

1.Place chicken breast / turkey on a peice of foil on a baking tray.
2. Sprinkle with soy sauce, then sprinkle over about 1 tsp 5 spice.
3. Wrap the foil over the meat loosely and bake in the oven for about 25 mins or until meat cooked through.

I checked it after about 15 mins and added a little more soy sauce but you might not need to do that
(Donnalou)

Chicken Chilli burgers

500g lean minced chicken or turkey (I used chicken breast and pulsed it in the food processor)
2 garlic cloves crushed
1 red chilli deseeded and finely chopped
1 tablespoon chopped mint
2 tablespoons chopped parsley or coriander
2 teaspoons worcestershire sauce

Mix together all the ingredients and season well with salt and pepper, mould into 4 burgers and grill under a medium heat for 5minutes a side until cooked through.

Serve with loads of salad leaves.

Serves 4 and each burger has 149 cals, 28g protein, 1g carb, 3g fat​

CHICKENS WITH SEASONING

I got some chicken thighs removed the skins and bones, laid them flat in a roasting dish and sprinkled 'chicken seasoning' (you can get it in the the herb and spice section) all over and baked at 220 for 30 mins, chopped up in salad.
(Alibongo)

Lemon Salmon

Cut a lemon into slices, and lay them in a steamer.
Put salmon fillets on top of the slices, and steam for approximately 10-15 minutes.

Once cooked, squeeze the remaining juice over the fish, and serve with salad.​

WEEK TWO

Quark dip
I put a little low fat dressing in it (just a drop), some vege bouillon, black pepper and some coriander - yummy dip to have with my teensy bit of celery.. very satisfying
(Dancing)​

• LEMON SORBET (SERVES 8) after week three can change fruit
  • 950 ml boiling water
  • 10 g Granulated Sweetener
  • 6 g grated lemon rind
  • 160 ml freshly squeezed lemon juice (I guess you could use the bottled variety or a mixture of both)
  • 8 lemons (for optional decorative serving)
  • Optional Garnish: fresh mint sprigs
DIRECTIONS
  1. Combine boiling water and Granulated Sweetener in a large bowl, stirring until Sweetener dissolves; cool slightly. Stir in lemon rind and juice. Pour mixture into a 9-inch square pan; cover and freeze.
  2. Cut tops from lemons; remove pulp. Set aside.
  3. Remove sorbet from freezer; let stand about 10 minutes. Scrape sorbet surface with a spoon; scoop or spoon sorbet into lemon shells or into small serving dishes. Garnish with fresh mint, if desired​

chicken tikka
It's hard for me to give quantities because I never measure anything and usually cook on a big scale but I'll try.

1 Chicken breast cut into large chunks
1/2 cup of natural yoghurt
1/4 teaspoon turmeric
teaspoon each of chopped ginger, garlic and chilli
small handful of chopped coriander
large pinch of salt
2 tablespoons of lemon juice

Mix together the marinade ingredients and then add the chicken. Marinade for 2 hours or longer if required. Cook the chicken under the grill or bake in the oven until cooked. Can also be cooked on the barbeque.​

(Mrspnut)

Quark stuffed chicken

Quark mixed with some fresh herbs and garlic and stuffed into a chicken breast.
(Alibongo)​

WEEK THREE

Greek yoghurt mixed with fruit pieces
(Alibongo)

Cheesecake mess type thing

layer of jelly, handful of fruit, 1/4 crumbled up peanut crisp bar, layer of yoghurt, I did 2 layers like this and it made me 2-3 portions and was lovely.
I used blueberries, grapes and strawberries and squeezed a passion fruit all over it too.

(Alibongo)​

WEEK FOUR

Salmon and grilled Veg
chopped up half pepper
sliced onion
baby corn, chopped
mushrooms.

Grill on tin foil next to the salmon.
(scotwannabethin)

Cumin crusted aubergine
1/2 aubergine
1/2 tsp cumin seeds
1/2 teaspoon coriander seeds
1/4 tsp paprika
small shallot very finely chopped
garlic clove finely chopped
tsp of stock made from marigold bouillon
S and P if required

To serve:
0% Greek yoghurt with chopped mint

Cut the aubergine length ways and cut a criss cross pattern on the flesh side. Cut quite deeply - about 1cm before you hit the skin. Grind the cumin and coriander seeds to a powder in a mortar and pestle. Add this to the finely chopped shallot and garlic then add the paprika. Stir in a tsp of stock and salt and pepper if you need to. Take this mixture and start to push it into the criss-cross pattern you made on the aubergine, then use any excess to coat the cut top. Place in a hot oven (about 200c) for 25 - 35 minutes (N.B. I used an aga so this temperature and time may need some adjustment). The flavours will have infused through the aubergine and the onion mixture on top will have gone brown and a little crispy
Serve immediately with a big dollop of 0% Greek yoghurt and mint. It is absolute heaven!

Cauliflower mash
Boil cauliflower and mash with a little quark for creaminess.

Cauliflower rice
Grate a raw cauliflower and then boil for a few minutes, and use where you would use rice.

Rhubarb

250g Rhubarb cut into chunks
5tsps Splenda
1 vanilla pod or drops of vanilla essence)

Gas Mark 6 - heat the oven up.
Cut rhubarb into chunks, put in dish/baking tray and sprinkle sweetener over the top. Add a few drops of vanilla OR split open vanilla pod and leave on top of sugar.

Wrap securely in tin foil so there's no escape!!

Leave in oven for 20 mins, then take out and leave to stand (wrapped) for 10 more mins.

Take off the foil (watch out for the steam.....learnt that one the HARD way!) and add Greek Yog!

(Deb G)​

Plum pudding
6 plums halved and stoned
150ml water
150ml orange juice
3 teaspoons of sweetener
cinnamon stick
1 teaspoon of lemon juice

Bring to boil and simmer for about 40 minutes until the plums are very soft.
Serve with low fat greek yoghurt

Makes 3 servings.

(Alibongo)

THANKS FOR YOUR RECIPES GUYS, IF ANYONE HAS ANY MORE, PLEASE ADD THEM TO THIS THREAD AND I'LL EDIT THE ORIGINAL POST WHEN I GET A CHANCE TO.

I'VE TRIED TO ATTRIBUTE NAMES WHERE I REMEMBERED TO NOTE THEM, IF I'VE MISSED YOU YOU CAN PM ME OR BEAT ME WITH A RAW CAULIFLOWER, WHATEVER TAKES YOUR FANCY.

Last edited:
Week 2 - chicken tikka
It's hard for me to give quantities because I never measure anything and usually cook on a big scale but I'll try.

1 Chicken breast cut into large chunks
1/2 cup of natural yoghurt
1/4 teaspoon turmeric
teaspoon each of chopped ginger, garlic and chilli
small handful of chopped coriander
large pinch of salt
2 tablespoons of lemon juice

Mix together the marinade ingredients and then add the chicken. Marinade for 2 hours or longer if required. Cook the chicken under the grill or bake in the oven until cooked. Can also be cooked on the barbeque. :D

Chinese style chicken/turkey - week 1

This is dead simple but tastes sooo lovely!

chicken breast / turkey steak
chinese 5 spice
dark soy sauce

1.Place chicken breast / turkey on a peice of foil on a baking tray.
2. Sprinkle with soy sauce, then sprinkle over about 1 tsp 5 spice.
3. Wrap the foil over the meat loosely and bake in the oven for about 25 mins or until meat cooked through.

I checked it after about 15 mins and added a little more soy sauce but you might not need to do that

we started one when we got the rtm forum, but it never got updated much, if you search for 'recipes' there are quite a few threads that come up. Might be useful to have them all in one place.
I will see if I can dig mine out too.

I made these last night from Ainsley Harriott's low fat meals in minutes book and they were delish.

Chicken Chilli burgers

500g lean minced chicken or turkey (I used chicken breast and pulsed it in the food processor)
2 garlic cloves crushed
1 red chilli deseeded and finely chopped
1 tablespoon chopped mint
2 tablespoons chopped parsley or coriander
2 teaspoons worcestershire sauce

Mix together all the ingredients and season well with salt and pepper, mould into 4 burgers and grill under a medium heat for 5minutes a side until cooked through.
(I used the one cal oil spray and cooked them in a frying pan because I had something else in the oven and couldn't use the grill)

Serve with loads of salad leaves.

Serves 4 and each burger has 149 cals, 28g protein, 1g carb, 3g fat :D

The whole book is actually really good and has loads of ideas in that I'm going to have a go at making.

Other recommendations for good low cal cookery books would be appreciated.

They sound nice, might give them a go, I was planning burgers for Sat tea and that sounds like a good alternative to beef.
Just one thing though, you aren't allowed spray oil on RTM. I asked my LLC about it when I first started and she said that would have to wait until after.
Anything you want fried is supposed to be done in a small amount of stock.

But I've never been a big rule follower so I'll carry on doing as I please. :D I think large swathes of the stuff on LL and especially in the RTM book is bunkum so I take the bits I want to and ignore the rest.

That is entirely up to you, it is, after all, just guidelines, but I posted the info for others too as most do follow the plan pretty much to the letter.

you just need to add water, the flavour from the stock will still be there, it is just the water that has evaporated.
I find the marigold bouillon pretty good if you have no fresh stock.

I find that pretty salty though - its a typical problem with stock.

nice one TG, I forgot most of the ones I had posted.
The chicken with seasoning is still a fave in our house, my DD prefers them to chicken nuggets, which is a bonus!

Back