Recipies - Slow cooker - Help

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by Gene Genie, 12 November 2008 Social URL.

1. Gene Genie

Gene Genie Mad as cheese

Hi All

This weekend im down in sunny Dorset visiting Mr G its well known in my family that this is when I fall off the wagon as Mr G’s flatmates are a bit weird so to avoid the kitchen we eat out a lot! Brekkie is easy as I have scrambled egg on toast at the local Tesco’s and I usually grab a salad for lunch but to keep me on track Mr G has come up with the solution of buying a slow cooker so we can bung everything in before we go out and then dish up in the evening running off to his room to eat it

Does anyone have any quick easy recipies for the slow cooker that apart from chopping(which I can do early in the morning before they surface) I can just bung in the slow cooker and leave till tea time.. were on a bit of a budget and there is a veggie involved so cant use meat, I do have herbs and spices at my disposal and can pop to the shops when I arrive Friday night for anything we don’t have
    Oh and as an afterthought Mr G cant stand quorn , tofu or anything like that but does love pea’s, beans chickpeas etc

any help would be greatly appreciated

Gen

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. StaceyUK

StaceyUK Gold Member

Start Weight:
    18st1.6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
  4. mojomcl

mojomcl Silver Member

Start Weight:
    20st5lb
    Current Weight:
    20st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    No quorn? Mmm. Tricky!
    Prick some baking potatoes, wrap in foil, and stick in the slow cooker (NO water). You'll have lovely golden tatties for tea. For easy fillings, just crack open a tub of low fat cottage cheese.
    Other than that, soups are all I can think of...

Do share if you have a brainwave. I LOVE my slow cooker, and I'm veggie too

5. Edwin

Edwin Silver Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    I make a bean chilli which works great in my slow cooker - better than on the hob actually as the beans seem to cook better...

2 x tin tomatoes
    1 x tin chickpeas
    1 x tin kidney beans
    1 x tin mixed beans
    1 x chopped onion
    2 tsp chilli powder (or more if you like a kick)
    1 tsp cinnamon
    2 tbs cumin
    1 tbs sweetner

Chuck it all in the slow cooker. That's it. I leave mine on automatic all day and then stick it on high for 1 hour before serving. I have it with rice. So free on green.

Hope it's something you think you would like.

6. janie.com

janie.com Full Member

i make veggie soup in my slow cooker............use vecon for the stock...put in
    carrots
    leek
    parsnips
    baby turnip
    peas
    potatoe
    pearl barley
    tinned toms
    tomato puree
    mixed herbs
    and cook over night.......its get better after a day or so and really helps with the weight loss

7. Gene Genie

Gene Genie Mad as cheese

Thanks Stacey , found a lovely veg hotpot on there :) I made it last night in my mums slow cooker and have bunged a load in the freezer for dinners at work next week.
    Thanks mojomcl , never thought of doing spuds might give it a go one day next week im always getting moaned at for putting the oven on for one spud

Thanks Edwin, me thinks I have found Saturday nights tea Mr G will love the Chilli and its so easy he might be able to make it even when im not there so he stops living on takeaway

And for sunday Thanks Janie soup it is if there is any left Mr G can freeze and defrost for those cant be bothered cooking days

I might actually manage to be good this weekend and even better save some money wooohooo ! :)

8. mojomcl

mojomcl Silver Member

Start Weight:
    20st5lb
    Current Weight:
    20st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Do you think it REALLY is cheaper to use the slow cooker? Even though we have them on for hours and hours? I can't get my head round it! lol

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.