Recommended books please?

needtoslim

Hi.
Sorry if this has been covered before, I'm a newbie, first post.
I have my first weigh in tomorrow and I know there are books for sale at the meeting. Can anyone suggest good ones please? I am on EE and not too bothered about deserts.
Also, they have some kind of sweet type bars and ryvita looking crispbreads.
Are they any good? At the moment I have the 15g Green and blacks choc bar as a treat.
Thanks in advance.
x

Hi Nts, I have bought 2 books and refer to them quite a bit. The 1st one is the saucy secrets one which is great for giving you alternate ideas for great meals like sweet & sour or rib sauce. The 2nd one is the snacks book. It lists everything you can get from just about every manufacturer and supermarket own brand that is under 5 syns. Have foud it really helpful when trying to find things like low syn crisps (morrisons) and low syn choocy mousse (cadburys). Both are definitely worth a look to see if they are for you.

Hope it helps

xxx

I brought the "family feasts for under a fiver" book, and have made quite a few of the recipes from it. Its uses simple ingredients and recipes are easy to follow. Also brought the "extra easy cook book", but not keen on that one, means going out different buying herbs and spices I may never use again.

Thanks Ladies. I shall have a look at the meeting this morning. Fingers crossed for a half decent loss! x
also, sorry to be a pain! I cant edit my ticker! I cant seem to click on it and I have realised I have only put my weight loss goal before my holiday, not my total loss. Any ideas on how I can alter it please?#
Thanks.

Last edited:
I brought the "family feasts for under a fiver" book, and have made quite a few of the recipes from it. Its uses simple ingredients and recipes are easy to follow. Also brought the "extra easy cook book", but not keen on that one, means going out different buying herbs and spices I may never use again.

I have both of those and think they are really good. I've also just bought the Curry Heaven book which is absolutely excellent. :)

I'm glad you asked this:) I'm a newbie as well. Went to my first meeting today and bought the curry book. Am planning on getting a different one next week so I'll keep an eye on this thread.

Well, I bought the snacks book as they didnt have the others in stock and although I havent yet bought any of the items listed in it, its very interesting reading, so thanks all for the tips! :) xx

Back