Recommended Low Calorie Foods

Anytime :)

Fruit Bowl - their school bars, peelers, fruit shapes are all under 70 cals each. They're in poundland at the minute which makes them cheaper than Asda's prices. Most (if not all) are gluten free too - check the website :)

Added them to the first post with their calorie count.

http://www.fruit-bowl.com/peelers/

http://www.fruit-bowl.com/school-bars/

Last edited:
oh will look for them i need somthing like that for pack up for work x x

I've just seen a Sainsbury's advert that has taken my fancy. Not so much the apple slices baked with cinnamon (can't stand hot fruit/squash/fruit tea) but I'm a little taken by the other thing.

Fruit yoghurt frozen into button/lolly shapes with chopped up strawberry slices on the top of them.

I like boots shapers range. They have crisps for 75 (ish) calories. Strawberry and chocolate bars for under 90 calories. Granted they're not too filling. But theyre really tasty and good for if youre craving a quick sweet fix.

Also the metcalfes popcorn is nice too. Can get a decent sized bag for under 120 calories.

Asda's have an exclusive range of Hairy Dieters sauces. Have the Chicken Tikka one to try tomorrow.

There are:
Sausage Cassoulet, Chicken Casserole, Chile Con Carne, Beef and Stout Casserole , Smoky Paprika Chicken, Chicken Tikka Massala, Chicken Korma and Lamb Saag.

(typically ours only has the curry range!) The tikka is only 81 cals per half pouch and they're low fat too.

let me know what you think of them love then might try one :D

The Tikka one was nice - it wasn't anything special if you get me - but it was nice. I think complete with 200g chicken and 95g of tricolour rice it came to around 500 cals where as our usual Asda buttery chicken is around 600 so it's not a massive saving - but you do get more meat (and can tighten it up if you use smaller amounts or different meat etc.

hi psp will give it a go hun x x x x x

Hope you enjoy love :)

Have taken a HUGE liking to Creme Fraiche after never having it before. Both the Weight Watchers and Asda Good For You ones are NOM! but I've only had it on jacket potatoes so gotta be more adventurous.

Some of my current favourites:

Tesco Lighter Grated Cheese - 95kcal per 30g
Total 0% natural Greek yogurt - 97kcals for a whole 170g tub
WW desert recipe yogurts - 59kcals
Slim a Soup Minestrone - 67kcals
Green and Blacks dark collection minis - approximately 85kcals each (depends on which one)
sandwich thins - Warburtons - 100kcals, Kingsmill - 99kcals

Popcorn kernels - all you need is a big pan and you're away! :)

30g of Asda's popcorn kernels - which makes a sizable bowl - is 111 calories. Their salt/sugar seasoning adds 1 cal per gram - usually 6g is more than enough :) If you use any fats/oils there's the extra cals for that :)

Tesco stuffed portobello mushroom with spinach and ricotta is only 83 or 83 cals each one, something like that anyway, really good :)

Would love to hear more ideas of great meals or snacks for shedding the weight!

I've recently started having ryvita original 35 cals each. And m&s and tesco do an extra light cream cheese which is 100cal per 100g - 35g is enough for 2 ryvita and that is roughly 100cal snack. With a low cal soup like Heinz weight watchers you can have a snack or small lunch (if you're having a bigger dinner) for less than 200 cals.

Back