Weasey's Re-Feed

Yay! I'm back in my jeans of truth and my jacket of truth and I'm feeling absolutely fabulous! I still have a bit of fat to lose again from my belly but it's all in the right direction and I have a big smile on my face. My hubby this morning said that I look like Lara Croft with my new muscles! That may be the best compliment I've ever had...

Well done Weasey! :happy036: What a fabulous compliment and it feels so fantastic getting into clothes 'of truth' :D

I went to Topshop last week, picked up my usual size jeans. I tried them on and they were so loose I took them over to the assistant and said they must have been labelled up wrong! It's a very nice, albeit confusing feeling dropping sizes :p

You guys are the real deal :) I hope to be at goal by Christmas if not before. I too have been resistant to thinking I have to change my way of eating forever, but I don't want to be big again. I am a bit concerned I won't be able to do it, but I'm hoping coming on here and reading and adding my own maintenance blog will help. Am thinking of low gi/ judd/ 1 day fast a week to maintain. I know I can't go back on the carbs. I'm a bit sad by that, but it does me no good. My hubby is not overweight but doing judd for health reasons. I expect if he can keep it up till Christmas, we will both be judding or fasting a couple days a week for ever.

Last edited:
Angie, one thing I've learnt is that you have to do it your own way, in a way that suits you best. In a way I fast during the week- I eat less than 1200 cals Monday - Friday then at the weekends I allow myself some freedom. My weight on a Monday will be 10.7 or sometimes more, but when I weigh myself on a Friday or Saturday I'm back down to 10.2. I find that daily weighing really helps me as it is easier to correct a pound or 2 than 7, and if I don't weigh I'm likely to be in denial and avoid my Friday weigh in.
Weasey and I have both taken very different approaches in terms of eating- but they both appear to be working just fine. One thing we have both done is taken up regular exercise, Weasey more than me, but I do think that regular exercise is very helpful to add into your new 'life'.
I was worried about a permanent diet, which is why I let myself do what I like at the weekends generally. However I like eating low calorie during the week as I am quite precious about my new weight. I've worked hard to lose weight and now I feel that I have to look after it. When you reach goal you'll feel such a sense of achievement that you won't want to lose it. The longer you maintain, the better you feel.

Wow! Wow! Wow! Jaunt found your thread Weasey! All you fabulous ladies having done so well and containing the even harder phase of maintenance! Maybe one day that will be me! I'll keep trying especially with you and othe minimisers being so inspirational! X

Weasey - I may have to steal your jeans of truth idea ;) I'm so pleased at your success with the exercise too - Lara Croft is definately the right look haha!

Thanks guys! And please feel free to steal yhe 'jeans of truth' - I stole ot from someone else originally!

I also like the "jeans of truth" idea. Trouble is mine haven't been able to fit me for months ? I'm starting to give up hope that they ever will ?

First 'Celebration' meal...

On Tuesday I'm going out for my first Celebration meal... On Dukan Consolidation phase (aka transition) I have one meal a week which can be absolutely anything. Nothing is out of bounds. However, it is ONE meal, no second helpings, one starter, one main, one pudding, one glass of something. I'm going out on Tuesday for an Indian with my family. It's quite exciting and also quite scary at the same time... I'm not sure quite what I'm scared of and I understand why phsychologically it's a great idea...

I'm currently 9 lbs heavier than I would like to be. I plan to eat as per the Dukan transition phase (which aims to maintain the weight loss) but given that I'm doing a lot more exercise that he suggests I'm hoping to slowly lose the excess over time. I'm giving this a couple of weeks. I won't weigh in this Thursday as I'm away (at my parents in Cornwall) so by a week Thursday if I'm not managing to lose a little then I'll rethink the approach.

Hey! Weasey! That's great you are having a family meals with nothing out of bounds especially after all your hard work. It will be interesting to know how you deal with it, whether you'll eat only a third of a portion on your plate for starters and the main or whether you'll eat the whole portion after all this time. I would imagine because your stomach has probably decreased in size you;ll get full pretty quickly! In event enjoy every minute of the time with your family and of course the meal!

Last night was my first celebration meal! I had a tandoori mixed starter, followed by chicken dansak and naan bread, followed by coffee. I ate all of the starter - and actually found it quite interesting. Before starting the diet I had been vegetarian for over 20 years so it was strange to also choose from meat options. I gave away half of my naan bread and ate the rest along with all of my curry! Yum yum! Didn't want a pud so had a coffee whilst others had theirs. I ate exactly what I wanted and didn't feel too full or ill afterwards. Thoroughly enjoyed my meal. It was also good that we were seeing people we haven't seen for a while so the conversation wasn't based around what I was eating but around what we had all been up to. :)

Weasey that is fantastic! So glad you enjoyed the company and of course the food! See! You are eating like a slim person! I would have had all the naan and some more and dessert! Everything in moderation is what I guess most of us need to learn! Well done! xx

Thanks Kira!

I actually think I can do this! I have been on the Consolidation phase for a week now. I haven't had any cheese yet. (Didn't want to reintroduce bread and cheese at the same time.). I am also doing a lot more exercise than Dukan suggests. Over the week (well - 8 days to be exact) it looks like I've lost 4.5 lbs (but I'm away and these aren't my normal scales). My official weigh in will be next Thursday and will be for 2 weeks but so far so good... I have been trying to lose the extra which I put on at the start of maintenance (somewhere around 10lbs in total I think - difficult to tell with the muscle I've added in the same period) but not managing it. I feel like I can do the consolidation business. Once I've got the excess weight off I can fiddle with the plan to maintain rather rhan lose (such as adding the cheese).

I think what makes this doable for me is that:
- I can have oatbran porridge every day, which I love
- I can have total 0% yogurt and berries every day, which I also love
- I can have 2 slices of wholemeal toast each and every day
- Lean protein and fat free dairy products are unlimited in quantity - so I know I can have more if I'm hungry
- Non starchy vegetables are unlimited
- Once a week I can have some starchy food (such as couscous, beans, pasta or occasionally potatoes)
- Once a week I can have some fatty protein (such as lamb or bacon)
- Once a week I can have a celebration meal where I can eat absolutely anything I want (but only one starter, one main, one pudding, one portion of each thing - no second helpings)

This feels like a bounty to me! I can always have something. The first 3 things on the list are like treats to me. I have them through the day and thoroughly enjoy them.

I am still loving the exercise and am working realy hard 4 times a week. I have two personal trainers and am really making large strides in my fitness and attitude to exercising.

I can actually do this. I can lose the little extra and then I can maintain. I feel like this is a plan I can stick to for e almost 2 years it will take me to consolidate my weight loss before moving on to long term maintenance. I'm so excited that I've found something which gives me the structure I need whilst giving me some freedom too.

It has just occurred to me that I have been maintaining for over 3 months!!! That's a quarter of a year! Up to now I thought of myself as 'trying' to maintain but I've suddenly realised that I've been doing it (give or take a few lbs). Shocking...

Wow! Weasey! Three months of maintenance and you hardly notices! That is fab! I liked your list of foods above too it seems like you can eat quite a lot and a good variety. Oh! Seeing it in black and white really makes sense. Certainly gives me the added incentive to keep going on vlcd and continue to think about maintenance and eating like a slim person, sensible portions, no bingeing and exercise!

Thanks guys! I'm so happy at the moment. The realisation that maintenance is actually possible for me is fantastic!

Weasey your Indian meal sounded fantastic and I'm very impressed at your restraint. I say restraint, but it sounds as though you didn't even need to restrain yourself, you simply didn't want to eat anymore than you did. Well done. That is a massive achievement and something I would like to achieve one day. As we've discussed before I have a 'celebration weekend' :D but have yet to get a grasp on portion control... One day I'll get there!
You're doing so well at maintaining. It seems like your whole thinking has changed- your journey really has moved on from a diet to a new lifestyle now.

Thanks Saddlebag. I'm not sure that it has moved to a new lifestyle yet but it is definitely getting there. I'm really excited about exercising (!) and maintaining.

I think you really have moved into a brand new stage in your life though- would you have thought a couple of years ago that you're capable of what you're doing now? Such an inspiration Weasey.

Back