Weasey's Re-Feed

Fab to catch up on both you, Weasey and you, Saddlebag. The important thing you both demonstrate is that a thoughtful approach to managing maintenance. You both rock!

I really like the Dukan idea of a consolidation week for each lbs you've lost. I think I'll be looking at the Dukan recipe book as well.

I'm doing good at my revised target. I'm trying to decide whether to leave my target here on Minimins or replace it with my current new and actual target weight.it feels like a big deal to change it and yet I am no longer working to the lower goal as I am happy at my current weight. I don't want to go lower right now and have a tummy tuck. I'm 14/16 and feel great. Maybe later I'll shed another 30lbs or maybe not. Right now, maintenance is my most important priority.

Ali

PS Just realised that I can take the goal weight out - so that's what I've done. That feels better. I can always reinstate if I want to shed another 20lbs in the future.

Thanks Kira!

Ali - It sounds like you've found the right solution for you. Taking the goal away is probably the right thing whilst you live your life as a successful weight maintainer and then decide later whether or not you want to lose more. You've done fantastically well!

I'm successfully maintaining but am still 7/10 lbs higher than I would like to be (I put that on early in maintenance) so am considering going back on the diet for a few weeks to lose the extra weight and then back to Dukan Cnsolidation.

It occurred to me that I haven't updated on here for ages so I thought I'd do a quick catch up.

I'm loving my exercise. Heavy workouts 3/4 times a week. Yesterday I went rock climbing for the first time and loved it! Weight wise I'm 11 lbs heavier than I'd like to be and am on my way down. I'm doing this through a balance of food in/calories used rather than going back to the diet. I found it really tough to get back into SnS - which is a surprise as I found it relatively easy during the diet. What I'm doing now is working well though and I'm really happy. I see it as a big success that 5 months after reaching goal I'm still within a stone of where I want to be. I don't think it would have been possible for me without the exercise though - it has really helped to focus me as well as using up some calories!

I don't think it'll ever be natural for me. I think I'll have to fight my tendancy to put on weight for the rest of my life. I have accepted that and am happy to fight. Bring it on!

Rock climbing - go girl!! I am also doing all kinds of things I would never have considered before - went ice skating, Go ape (tree climbing and rope swinging), water slides and dry slope skiing so far. I am usually a naturally fit person, but some things were just out of my reach. There is no way I could haul myself up a rope ladder at 14 stone! it feels amazing.

As far as getting back to your goal weight, it is one of those things that you can only do when properly motivated. I found that I was maintaining about 3-5 pounds above where i wanted to be too. Not a huge amount but enough for me to feel like it wasn't quite right. So a couple of weeks ago I took the bull by the horns, ordered some S&S and got back into it. I am having five packs a day plus vegetables and it is working. I think I am about 4 pounds down so far.I am also going back to my LL counselling sessions once a week.

Sometimes you just have to accept that a little help is needed and it is all about avoidance and stopping yourself before it goes too far.I also want a little in the bank for christmas as glasses of bubbly are bound to be on the agenda!

Weasey great to hear you are doing well! I will definitely have to watch my weight forever. I have finally realised I have to watch what I eat always. I never want to have to do a vlcd ever again! I would love to get back into exercise like you are! YOu really are an inspiration!

Thanks guys! Up to now I was always obese or morbidly obese throughout my adult life so there are lots of things I have never really done. The tree climbing/rope thing sounds great fun! I also fancy givong scuba diving a go but I think I'll wait a bit for at. In the warmer weather I think there'll be some white water rafting and mountain biking too. Such fun!

It's amazing how uncomfortable it is to be 11 lbs higher than I'd like. It's getting there though and whilst it is going in the right direction I'm a happy lady.

It's been a while so I thought I'd do a quick update. I'm now managing my weight using my fitness pal and having a calorie target. Recently I've started to relax a little around food - in a good way! I had lots of things on my 'no' list - like potatoes, salad dressing when out, cakes etc! Now I'm trying to dramatically reduce the 'no' list and just ask myself whether or not it fits into my calorie allowance for the day and whether or not it is worth the calories. This feels really liberating... All these things I've refused to have for so long are now allowed. I still find myself deciding not to have them often because they are not worth the calories to me - but that feels like a logical adult decision rather than just saying no. Also, it reduces my cravings. I can have anything I'd like if I choose to without it being something I shouldn't have - so now I want it less. Especially since I saw that the carrot cake in Costa is 630 calories!!!

I'm 13 lbs higher than I'd like to be and I'm still exercising hard and loving it. I even do some running on the treadmill and considering that I have a thing about twisting my ankle I'm super pleased at this. Am going to rock climbing lessons and am thinking of a fitness oriented holiday this year. I've also been offered a new job which I'm really excited about and hope to get the paperwork through soon - fingers crossed! Life's good!

I think I'll always struggle with my weight - always have to come up wih methods and strategies - probably always be a bit heavier than I want to be! As long as that's only a bit heavier than I want to be then I'm a happy lady. So I have to watch what I eat? So do many people inclusing lots who've never had a weight problem. This is for my health and my longevity. I'm worth it, my body is worth it...

I seem to be a bit high this morning! Sorry about that... Maybe it's because I'm off to the gym for a stretch and tone class (not relaxing despite it's name!) and then a gym session. Bring it on!

Wow Weasey, I really love reading about your progress. You really have a positive attitude and you seem to have this maintenance malarky sorted :).

Fitness is truly the way forward and to love and enjoy it is a bonus.

You are a real inspiration. I'm hoping to follow in your footsteps.

Congratulations on your achievements and here's hoping 2013 is happy and healthy.

Thanks Lose2Win - much appreciated! I don't have maintenance sorted and I don't think I ever will - but that's ok as long as I keep working at it. Took my husband to the stretch and tone class today and it almost killed him! He's pretty fit so I'm quite pleased really... Mind you - it almost killed me too!

Happy new year Weasey!! Lovely to hear about your progress on maintenance. You're doing great and I appreciate Maintenance is even harder work then the weightloss process itself!

You have come so far and I think you 'll keep working on the maintenance whilst enjoying life too. Time is precious and should've enjoyed. Thanks for sharing. X

Have you ever tried judd to maintain? I don't fancy calorie counting everyday when i get to target but would gladly be super good one day then normal eating another day... Anyway you've done amazing. X

Thanks Kira and Amybonbon. I have vaguely thought about JUDD - but at the moment I'm happy with my calorie counting so I'll carry on doing that. I was very resistant to calorie counting initially but having tried a couple of other things I'm now finding it quite comforting! If I start to have problems then I'll definitely look at JUDD.

Thanks Dolly!

Time for another update! I'm now maintaining really easily. I no longer count my calories on a daily basis. I eat 5 times a day and make reasonable choices at those points but don't keep a total of what I'm having. I happily choose protein and salad/veg as this is the kind of stuff I most like to eat now (!). I'm still exercising lots. I've taken up roller derby training and I absolutely love it!

I'm still 13/14 lbs higher than I'd like to be. I've been there since about November last year. Now that I've learnt how to maintain I've decided to go back on SnS to lose the excess stone. So here goes - starting today...

Weasey that's great news on the maintenance and keeping up the exercise! Also brilliant you are going to do SnS for the last stone! Hope you'll keep us updated on how that goes. Once again well done!

Back