Recording your food

jo-85 said:
If I don't write it down I always end up going off plan I don't know exactly why but I do think it may be me being able to Convince myself I haven't had something if it isn't written down! I have an a5 book and I keep it recorded in there plus my loss that week and any thoughts or stuff I wanna joy down. I suppose in some ways it's a bit of a diary!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I do exactly the same with an A5 notpad...think its a great way to keep track of ur healthy eating plan.

I like to keep a food diary as I like to keep count and also if I end up struggling it will be nice to look back on when I was doing well and see what meals I was eating etc..

What works for one won't work for another!

I'm on week 114 and still write everything down . It's normal to me and I like doing it as Im quite disciplined and a bit of a list maker by nature!

I keep a sheet of paper stuck to the fridge and always keep a record of my syns and HEBs/As but don't bother recording free or superfree food.

I find the weeks when I do a diary I lose more weight.

I have my syns and healthy extras for each day as marks on a pice of a4 paper. I cross them off as I go. My consultant last year gave me a sheet with 15 smiley faces for each day and I have adapted that. Have three weeks on each side so gives a bit of an overview of how I am doing. Have also added exercise to the sheet in the past.

I have my syns and healthy extras for each day as marks on a pice of a4 paper. I cross them off as I go. My consultant last year gave me a sheet with 15 smiley faces for each day and I have adapted that. Have three weeks on each side so gives a bit of an overview of how I am doing. Have also added exercise to the sheet in the past.

Thats a great idea, requires less paper than all the scribbling I'm doing at the moment :) I have a teeny noteback that would be perfect! (stationery addict!)

Looks a bit like this:

########## Monday ##### A B
########## Tuesday ##### A B
########## Wednesday ##### A B

Have got into my colour coding!

There's a fridge magnet on ebay that I like the look of - you move a magnet along a number line to count syns and HE for the day (search Slimming World). They look really cool and are only a few quid. I would buy one because I love that sort of stuff but don't think I need it or would use it, and I always tell my OH off for buying things he doesn't need!!

My consultant asks us all to keep a food diary for first 4 weeks and after that only if you want. She always offers them to people who are struggling. I kept a journal/diary for a while where I planned evening meals and exercise and then recorded results. This helped me form good habits and I found that I didn't need to do this anymore, just like I didn't need a food diary after four weeks.

It's all about forming good habits so that they become a part of your every day life. It just takes different people different periods of time and different ways to get there. Whatever works for you . . .

Oooh - I do like that fridge magnet!

I've written my food inn more or less the same format for years:
Hex a
hex a
hex b
hex b
free food (also count the portions of fruit & veg as I eat them )
Syns at the bottom of the page.

Ive just started EE, so on those days I cancel ou an a & b, and bracket together he super free & note what meal the super free was for.

I also count the number of green tea I have, and also if I go to the gym!

Guess I like to be in control!!!

Back