Red and Green Vs Extra Easy

I've just recently started back at SW. I always used to do red days as I love my meat and fish. My mum has been banging on about EE so I've decided to do that. I've found it so easy so far! I love that you can eat a proper meal of meat and carbs and have been filling up with lots of super free food. Even haveing a big side salad helps.

A tip from my SW rep - if you don't want to have lots of veg with a dinner, have a big portion of melon for starter. It will fill you up so you don't overeat the dinner.

I LOVE Green days, I'm a bit addicted to carbs to be honest ;).

Personally I didnt get on with EE and found I didnt really lose anything. There could be a number of reasons for this and I cant put my finger on exactly what the problem was but my thoughts were:

a) The plan didnt suit me. I dont believe that every plan suits everyone
b) I didnt get my head around the plan properly so therefore wasnt sticking to it properly.

Just my thoughts on it. I'd say try them all and see which one suits your lifestyle, losses etc.

x

I've never tried EE as I can't bring myself to trust it, so I'm sticking to red and green which I know off by heart. It's a bit annoying that the mag just seems to do EE recipes etc, but can't say I blame them, after years of having to think of green / red recipes it must be nice to do something different! x

Yeah they are really pushing EE. However it's always easy enough to convert the EE recipes into Green or Red. Only time will tell for me if EE really works, but so far so good!

am just starting out but am doing my second red day this week i prefer green days not tried the extra easy yet but will give it a go if needed

I've only been doing it a week, but I'm prefering the EE. Green and Red days are good, but most of the time in the week I eat pasta/rice and meat.....at the weekend I might have red as it's a bit easier!

I'm struggling with the Free/Superfree foods though :confused:

Basically superfree foods are vegtables and fruit. So if you are having for instance a curry, make sure you make it with lots of veg i.e. mushrooms, peppers, onions, tomatoes. The plate should be 1/3 full of these foods. The meat and rice will then be free foods.

If for instance you are having a jacket potato you can use tuna as a free food and then add lots of salad, which is superfree. This is then a EE meal.

I snack on fruit (super free) or use my hexs, such as having an Alpen light bar.

Try to fill yourself up with super free foods and you will find that you don't want as much free foods. That's how this works.

I'm on week four. The first week I tried the EE and lost 1.5lb at weigh day.

For weeks 2 and 3 I stuck with either green or red and have lost 2lbs each time.

So, I am not sure if I am a better loser on the straight green or red!! But, I am prefering these to the EE.

We'll see next weigh day whether it is a fluke or a trend!!

How did your week go? So far I have done all red, weigh in is sat morning!!

Hey, sorry havent been posting! I weighed in on Monday 4lbs off!.. have stuck with red and green this week to so will see tomorrow evening and will let you know again!

I normally do 5 days EE, 1 green and 1 original in the week.

EE is easier for me becuase it fits in well with the family - shepards pies, fish pie, bolognaise etc etc.

I do try and vary it though as I think thats the key! xx

Back