Red Bush Tea

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by Whitey, 6 February 2009 Social URL.

1. Whitey

Whitey Full Member

Hi can anyone tell me if redbush tea and green tea are ok to drink with no milk and 1 sweetner.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Serena A

Serena A Can't think of a title

Start Weight:
    14st12lb
    Current Weight:
    8st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    6st0lb(40.38%)
    Diet:
    Maintaining, was on CD
    Hi, yes they're both fine as is the sweetener as long as it's a tablet one. Redbush tea can count towards your daily water allowance as it's not a true "tea" as such. Green tea doesn't count though as it is a normal tea and therefore a diuretic.

4. KD

KD Gone fishing

Diet:
    Was Cambridge, now maintaining
    This is one of my big bug bears. It appears that only redbush can be taken as part of the water allowance (as you say Serena), though I don't have a clue why.

Tea and coffee aren't diuretics. Well, coffee can be mildly diuretic if taken in huge quantities, but otherwise, it isn't...which means it must be as hydrating as redbush.

In fact, in normal circumstances, both tea and coffee are said to be as hydrating as water and can be used for daily fluid counts.

Have no idea why they aren't allowed instead of water on Cambridge, and look forward to the day when Cambridge include them.

Until then...officially, only water or redbush :rolleyes:

Oh, and while I'm grumbling ;) I hate the advert where it using the word 'hydrating' as a selling point. Of course it's hydrating. Most drinks are! (except alcohol). Grrrrr :D

5. Berryred

Berryred Gold Member

Start Weight:
    15st12.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7.5lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    my booklet say water/tea and coffee count!!!

I didn;t like red bush!

6. exp107

exp107 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    17st4lb
    Current Weight:
    17st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World Online
    Red Bush is awful :jelous: I don't mind Green Tea, but mainly stick to water and decaf coffee :)

7. Champess

Champess Skinny Soon ?!

Start Weight:
    22st1lb
    Current Weight:
    21st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    18st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st1lb(4.85%)
    Diet:
    Slim & Save
    I love Red Bush and yes the booklet does say you can have black tea and coffee as part of your 4 pints of calorie free liquid a day.

I believe you didn't used to be able to do this.

8. KD

KD Gone fishing

Diet:
    Was Cambridge, now maintaining
    But the pink book says it doesn't (sort of). It says that tea and coffee can be taken in addition.

confusing isn't it, but I'm told the that version is correct :(

9. Berryred

Berryred Gold Member

Start Weight:
    15st12.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7.5lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    lol I only have a yellow booklet?? I do have 3lt plus my tea though just incase haha

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.