red day gain!

lauratrev

Silver Member
hi all!!

need to get this off my chest so here we go:

ive done a food diary this week trying red days all week apart from the weekend when i done extra easy. had 10 syns each night in week and 15 sat and sun.

went and wieghed in and gained 2lb!

just completely fed up :(! since returning from my holiday in middle of september i cannot get back to my lowest and lose these 7lbs :(!

ive tried my best all week i drink like a fish too, usually do extra easy and as it had slowed down and had sts weeks at a time i thought id have a boost if i changed to red days but no success i couldnt bring myself to stay to class just felt like crying!

i might sound really stupid getting worked up but i have other things at the mo that are on my mind no job and no money so yep basically ive had enough and feel like throwin the towel in :( xx

Could be a stress related gain rather than red? Were you strict with lean meat? I do quite a lot of red but find if I cut back too much on carbs it works in reverse for me so I do try and mix it up.

Don't lose faith, you know it works hun. Sorry i'm not much help :-(
Keep going you'll get there x

I've been really stuck for a number of months now so I decided last week that I was going to eat just free foods and I've saved my syns for after weigh-in tomorrow night. I think I've lost four pounds this week so I'm chuffed to bits. Keep at it because it really does work :)

Start by posting your food diary if you don't already do that. An unexpected gain could be down to any number of things including eating too much free food, eating too little free foods, time of the month, water retention, exercise, medication, stress and so on. You need to give any eating plan at least four weeks before deciding it is not working. So try not to get bogged down by what the scales say from one week to the next.

You know I think we expect an awful lot of our bodies in one week, it's not a machine that snaps to attention when a new command is given.

Perhaps you need to shift to really toning up? If you have already started to up the exercise then you may not see a loss on those scales but will lose inches, trust me it's true!

Aww, I'm sorry to hear this has got you down hun :( You've actually achieved fantastic results and you are almost 100lbs lighter than when you started :eek: Before giving yourself a hard time just take a moment to really think about that!

We do expect so much from our bodies don't we? And boy do we let those pesky scales rule our lives!

If you have a diary why don't you look back at some successful weeks and try to do the same again?

Lots of love x

Could there be any other factor like an increase in exercise or TOTM?

Red days do work, perhaps the swap from EE shook your system a little and it will show next week.

Do you have a food diary? xx

Hi everyone,

Im going back to extra easy i think red days just arent for me! im so fed up of it all this is my final week if no joy ive had enough!

cant get back to my lowest which was in mid-july since then i cannot lose these dam 7lbs! yes ive been on hol twice during this and was 2lb off my lowest by the time i went away again on my 2nd holiday in september but since my return these 7lbs dont want to shift!

exercise is a no go im afraid that makes things 10x worse for me been there done that so defo not exercising.

maybe it could be stress-related but im close to flipping with SW i sts or gain and im totally peeved off i work so hard and now i feel like i should of had pizza and choc and all sorts when i find ive gained when ive touched none of it!!! wot annoys me even more is those who go an say oh ive lost *lbs but ive ate pizza, a weekend full of wkds :(.....i hardly ever drink so that isnt a problem either as i always designated driver!

im not a chocolate eater anyway and im
not one to eat rubbish eg packets of crisps im just not much of an eater in that sense.

im just truly fed up! i made sw curry last week had bags of salads wieghed my HEx and had loads of Superfree with my meals.

only thing i can narrow my gain to is that restricting carbs maybe doesnt work with me and the fact i had 2xHeX A and was having my allowance of milk and then adding my allowance of cheese to meals if i wanted it! that is the first time in over 18months i had cheese!

I could just cry cos im so down about it :(
x

monday (EE) (WI day) STS
free food:
chicken, tomato and herb pasta sauce

superfree food:
carrot, broccoli, pear

HeXA: 250ml s/s milk
HeXB: 2x weetabix

syns:
3- bisto gravy
slither of birthday cake i mean a slither! lowered syns for rest of week to make sure.

Tuesday: (red day)
free food:
slices of lean pork from joint
chicken
pork chop (fat off)
2x bacon (fat off)

superfree:
pear, grapes, banana, lettuce, tomatoes, carrot, 1/2 onion, 1/4 pepper

HeXA: 250ml s/s milk and 28g cheddar
HeXB: 2x weetabix and 100g cooked wholemeal pasta

syns:
2- aldi fat free strawberry yoghurt

Hey babe - dont get cross, but i think your syns are way too low and perhaps thats the cause of the gain. Syns should be about 8-12 per day.

x

wednesday: (red day)
free food:
3x egg, banana, mushrooms, 1 onion, 1/4 pepper, steak, pork chop

HeXA: 250ml s/s milk and 28g cheddar
HeXB: 2x weetabix and 100g cooked wholemeal pasta

syns: 30g XL philly: 1.5 and fat free aldi vanilla yoghurt: 2

3/10 syns

Thursday: (red day)
free food:
tuna, red onion, pear, chopped tomatoes, lean lamb steak, 2 x red onion, garlic, mushrooms, pepper, lettuce, carrot, prawns

HeXB: 2x weetabix and 4x original ryvita

syns:
2xtsps of XL mayo:1
aldi fat free yoghurt: 2
1.5tsp of cornflour: 1.5

total 4.5/10

friday (red day)
free food:
marmite, chicken, lettuce, pepper, carrot, onion, pear x4, orange, lean belly pork (all fat off!!) chopped toms, onion, mushroom, lean lamb steak, garlic

HeXB: 2x nimble wholemeal bread and 2x hifi light bars

syns: 2tsp of XL mayo:1
biscuit:4
yogurt: 2

total 7/10

Ellebear said:
Hey babe - dont get cross, but i think your syns are way too low and perhaps thats the cause of the gain. Syns should be about 8-12 per day.

x

:( i thought it would balance out with my slither of cake and with my weekend anniversay dinner....but you could be right just hard to syn a cake from costco no nutritional info on them lol xx

saturday: (extra easy)

breakfast:
HeXB: 2x nimble wholemeal
onion, mushrooms and 2 fried (frylight) eggs

dinner: salad

snack: pear

dinner:
starter: calamari (small portion looked battered as i picked them up batter was falling off it so hardly any on it! a chicken wing (OH seen to them lol), a meatball (size of marble literally lol) and then i had 2 mushrooms in a cheesy sauce in a small pot....hadnt had HExA so fort that may of swayed my way in that sense :/) and a small calzone (i know thats naughty but im being honest!) (its a folded pizza by the way but it was just garlic in middle bit like a garlic bread)

main: spag bol no extras.

pudding: (a small brownie and a scoop of ice cream in the sharer dessert...luckily i was full)

dont know if its worth mentioning but i starved all afternoon...

sunday: EE
breakfast: plum toms, 2x eggs (fried with frylight)
HexB:2xnimble wholemeal

lunch: roast dinner
lean chicken, carrot, onions, cauliflower, peas and sweetcorn

aunt bessie similar anyway: 3 small roast pots and 1/2 average size yorkie and 3 small wedges

(his nan makes our roast by the way)

syns: bisto gravy, 1/2 yorkie, wedge and roast pots.

tea: mugshot and a pear

Our C always says that once you have had a blip (in your case, the small bit of cake) just to keep the syn at the normal daily level, and not to dwell on it.

I used to go to WW and had a mindset of Damage limitation, but now i just think - ooops - and then press on with normal syns.

Sometimes my Ooops is more than it should be too! haha!

Why not try a mix of Red and EE - that might be the best plan. xxx

Hi
You said that you drink lots of water. How much water had you drank before your weigh in? 2lbs worth ?

Ellebear said:
Our C always says that once you have had a blip (in your case, the small bit of cake) just to keep the syn at the normal daily level, and not to dwell on it.

I used to go to WW and had a mindset of Damage limitation, but now i just think - ooops - and then press on with normal syns.

Sometimes my Ooops is more than it should be too! haha!

Why not try a mix of Red and EE - that might be the best plan. xxx

im so used to just lowering my syns maybe aim to have at least 5 or 8 as you said and take it from there. im
back on it today but i so hope for a loss next week :( xx

tara40 said:
Hi
You said that you drink lots of water. How much water had you drank before your weigh in? 2lbs worth ?

im naughty on WI day from day 1 ive always only had my breakfast and last drink at 12ish for lunch until WI at 6pm xx

Back